The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The color is just perfect for her...the dress style itself is nothing spectacular but it's appropriate for the event and again..the color is great!

LaRae

Kate looks wonderful in red, but I would prefer that dress in a shorter length. I've never liked mid-length dresses.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

I like the color on Catherine. It suits her. I would have to see a full-length photo to have an opinion on the rest of it.

After watching a video of William and Catherine arriving at Wimbledon, I have to say that the dress is a tad too long for my taste. I think it would have looked better with a length of just below the knee.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
The dress and it's color is nice on Catherine, but her hair (although gorgeous) looks a little blah. If she had pulled it back in a ponytail I would have thought she looked more sporty and fun.

I think this is the 1950's fashion thing going at the moment. I thought she looked great and one thing I will say about that length .... no one is going to see an upper thigh when sitting down .... and get criticized. The color was great. I think she has gorgeous hair but I do wish she would do more with it, there are so many easy options for that length.

Oh good point about the length PoD...considering the staggered seating and the elevations ...that could be a rather risque photo.

LaRae

The dress was nice. The schoolgirlie hairdo did not much to the allround appearance.

For her day at Wimbledon - the LK Bennett dress was a great choice. Lovely look and colour on Kate. She suits LK Bennett dresses so well - dare i say often better than some of her besoke designer pieces by McQueen

Last edited:
She really does look fantastic in red. More of that, please, Kate! :D

I hoped she would wear an old dress... And she didn't... However, she looked very nice in bright red.

I hoped she would wear an old dress... And she didn't... However, she looked very nice in bright red.
It's probably because she's just 2 months after birth and the clothes wont sit nicely with the changed proportions. I figured she would wear something new.

She looks like she has her figure back...perhaps she's just a bit more full in the chest right now but the rest looks pretty slim.

LaRae

It may be new to us, but who's to say she hasn't worn it for private occasions as it's such a versatile and seemingly comfortable dress to wear. Lovely to see her in such a bright colour.

She looks like she has her figure back...perhaps she's just a bit more full in the chest right now but the rest looks pretty slim.

LaRae
I don't think she has (not that I think she needs to), her face is still fuller so I assume her body is, just that she's good at dressing it. And her weight is probably still "redistributed" so that a tight dress around hips/stomach/cheast doesn't look good/can be uncomfortabe. Especially cheast if she's breastfeeding since the size can change alot during a 2-3 hour event :p

I love this dress! The color, the fit, the style, ... Wonderful!!

It may be new to us, but who's to say she hasn't worn it for private occasions as it's such a versatile and seemingly comfortable dress to wear. Lovely to see her in such a bright colour.

Frankly, I don't buy the tale "she could have already worn in on private occasions".:flowers:

It's probably because she's just 2 months after birth and the clothes wont sit nicely with the changed proportions. I figured she would wear something new.

Agreed here... The Stella McCartney's blue dress has a similar cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think she has (not that I think she needs to), her face is still fuller so I assume her body is, just that she's good at dressing it. And her weight is probably still "redistributed" so that a tight dress around hips/stomach/cheast doesn't look good/can be uncomfortabe. Especially cheast if she's breastfeeding since the size can change alot during a 2-3 hour event :p

Myself I like it when she has a bit more weight...I think it is becoming on her.

She's worn some form fitting clothes here lately and I don't think there's much extra weight anywhere except her chest (for obvious reasons).

LaRae

Kate and her sister did look wonderful. I am so happy that Kate found a skirt length that is PERFECT for her figure. It makes her legs look long and balances out her whole body, unlike what we saw a few years ago with the pretty short skirts which did nothing for her overall photographed look. Pippa took a chance with the longer skirt and I think she really pulled it off, she has never looked so good. I especially liked Carole's coat, but think one inch longer in the skirt would have made her look longer, leaner, and less top heavy.
Sophie Carter's outfit was a real shame. A baggy, odd, blue contraption. I think if it had been fitted to her, and in this case, was shorter, it might have worked.
I agree with your comments about the Duchess and her sister Pippa. They must have a grand time planning and coordinating their outfits for these important functions. They both looks absolutely fabulous and they both have the figures to pull off almost any fashion.

Kate looks fabulous and very chesty so she must still be nursing. What a beautiful dress. If I was nursing I would have worn a jacket or something too, she must have it down.

I love the colour of her dress but not the style, its too old for her and the empire cut with long length doesn't work nicely. Moreover, there is nothing fun about this dress compared to the past dresses she has worn to the event.

I agree, it would have been nice to see her reuse an older dress.

I love the cut and colour or Catherine's gown but have to admit I would love to have seen something a little more "Wimbledon". The tea length dress just didn't seem to be right for the occasion. I think if it had been white or pastel it would have maybe looked okay, but in red it was just too hot looking and too formal:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/d3e0c037e437394f35ee721b7d386330/tumblr_nr6980Dh5o1tfk66eo1_500.jpg

This one is one of my favourites;
http://media6.onsugar.com/files/2011/06/26/2/498/4981322/8532ced439aae3e3_kate-Wimbledon.jpg

While this is basic white with trim, the heavy knit make it look too heavy and too hot. Strange that:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oMEZhk4CBJA/T_U2Cyo5_MI/AAAAAAAAAkM/kPnnBDTXaZ8/s1600/wimb2.jpg

This one was always a little too girlish for my taste:
http://www.glamour.com/images/fashi...hite-zimmermann-dress-wimbledon-2014-w352.jpg

Catherine and her inimitable hair at Wimbledon:
At the beginning:
http://i4.cdnds.net/15/28/kate-wimbledon.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/08/16/2A57FEE300000578-3153284-image-a-32_1436368724884.jpg

It doesn't really matter what she does with her hair at Wimbledon because she is, for all her fire engine red dress screaming "I'm here", off the clock. This is just the best example of the dangers of unrestrained hair in an outdoor setting.

I agree, it would have been nice to see her reuse an older dress.

I think she looks very good in white... Many would think it boring, but I cant think of any more suitable color for Wimbledon... and she has plenty of them

The red dress is a new addition to the LK Bennett summer collection - and has already sold out. So i doubt the theory that she has had this dress for some while and used it privately. It is priced at £250

I too thought the the dress looked very hot and un-summery, not right for the occasion at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom