The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this coat on her, the rosy red is perfect. The shading of the reds is unusual and yet it's a very pretty coat. Over all, it's a nice outfit for the day out in Scotland where I hear it's a bit chilly. She looks very tired/stressed and completely worn out, I hope the press leaves her alone....

Love the coat, looks like mohair to me, and the color. But not on her. Would look better on a blonde, and the hair ruins the striping effect, imo.
For once, she really does look tired to me.

I like the coat, but worn with a belt, like in the catwalk

I don't really like the red coat. But what really bugs me is I can't put my finger on what exactly I don't like about it.

Actually, looking at it again the coat reminds me of a blanket with that pattern.

Actually, looking at it again the coat reminds me of a blanket with that pattern.

Now that you mention it, I think we had a woolen blanket with that kind of pattern back in USSR. It was itchy, and I hated it. Now wonder I'm not so fond of the coat. Brings back awful childhood memories (I still have no problem with the shade of red, however).

LOL, now that you mention it, it reminds me of some blankets my grandmother has.

The coat per se isn't that bad, it's not stylish enough though. The sleeves are rather bulky, I think.

While both the Queen and Duchess of Cornwall were rocking it with some great outfits, imo Kate failed to make much of an impression. I realise fashion isn't what the day was about, but I was hoping for a more summery look - it was lovely weather in the southern part of the UK today - I think she must have been very hot. As for the fascinator....

Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge, looked alright. Her hat is whimsical.

:previous::)I really like the coat, the color is very pretty on her. Now that thing on her head..........rghhhh do not like at all. Yes these are in fashion, and they still look silly sitting on the edge of her fore head.

:previous::ohmy:Sorry if I upset you, I am just not a fan of those hats that sit on the very edge of a forehead and cover the eyes, they always look like they are going to fall off! They look very uncomfortable to me and seem a bit like playing dress up in mom's clothes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind Catherine's outfit and I do like her little coquettish hats, which she seems to be fond of. But I do agree, Empress Michiko carries off these little hats very beautifully indeed!

:previous::ohmy:Sorry if I upset you, I am just not a fan of those hats that sit on the very edge of a forehead and cover the eyes, they always look like they are going to fall off! They look very uncomfortable to me and seem a bit like playing dress up in mom's clothes!
No, your post did not upset me at all. :flowers::flowers: This kind of hat is very difficult to pull off. The Duchess of Cambridge seems to favour this style of hats. Sometimes she looks alright in them. Empress Michiko too happens to like this style of hats and does a wonderful job wearing them.

I thought that Kate looked decent enough, the hat is not great but I've seen worse.

Kate was in France not the U.k I liked the coat and hat.
Yes I know :flowers: Temperatures both where she commenced and ended her journey were warm and sunny so I still consider she was very wrapped up.

Yes I know :flowers: Temperatures both where she commenced and ended her journey were warm and sunny so I still consider she was very wrapped up.
Yes, but the Queen and Camilla both had on coats over dresses as well.

I think she looked fine; I think she was deliberately playing things down, using a coat she'd worn before with black accessories.
Not too bright, not too eye-catching, so she couldn't be accused of taking attention away from the Queen. Not too somber, because it was a victory celebration.

She did quite well, imo.

I think she looked fine; I think she was deliberately playing things down, using a coat she'd worn before with black accessories.
Not too bright, not too eye-catching, so she couldn't be accused of taking attention away from the Queen. Not too somber, because it was a victory celebration.

She did quite well, imo.

Agree I think she looks nice. Not a fan of the hat either but it didn't ruin the whole look.e

Last edited:
Very nice and understated look. Not a big fan of the hat, but it's not awful.

I, myself, liked the hat. I even think she looked prettier with the black accessories than she looked the first time she wore the coat.

:previous: When placing a hat at that angle, it needs hair to support it otherwise it has the Michiko effect of a satellite nailed to her forehead. Bottom line . . . the hat needs hair to balance it. When Catherine is first seen, her hair is pulled back at the sides and the rest hangs down her back but, unfortunately the hat appears to stick up almost perpendicular angle in the centre of head. Basically Catherine is wearing her hat like a fascinator and it's too big for that.

As to the colour of the hat, the black is almost lost in a sea of dark brown hair and were it not for the bit sticking up at the back would have hardly have been noticeable.

http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/BpdK4QCIUAAS9dN.jpg

She did quite well, imo.

I agree. I think Kate looked quite nice.

I actually really like her hat, but then I prefer smaller type hat/fascinators.

Last edited:
I thought Catherine's coat looked familiar. I remember not liking the pockets and top half the first time, but second time round I like it. Not a huge fan of her hat, however. It looks a little awkward and doesn't seem to go with her coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom