The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't quite understand why she's wearing this coat dress when she's told many reporters that she's "sweltering".

Where a light summer dress instead then?

I like the fact she's wearing colour, that's about it.

A woman in the crowd who spoke to her noted that it was an usually warm day. Apparently that area is usually quite windy and Catherine prepared for that- and then it turned out the weather was different than expected.

I like the color but I don't like the zipper in the front or the neckline. It's unfortunate that she didn't check the weather report; she does look uncomfortable. I would be surprised if she didn't have back-up outfits.

Last edited:
Well, at least she's got two choices for next St. Patrick's Day! And while the green is bright, I do like her in these vibrant colors. I can visualize a short-sleeved dress with a cream-colored jacket in that heat as a better choice. And the long hair with the zipper and long sleeves gives this outfit a very heavy look.

Last edited:
I love the shade of green on Catherine. Don't care for the zipper.

Not a green girl myself but I do think both serve the purpose .. but why 2 green dresses in one day ?? I think that is a bit weird only IMO though.

They weren't in one day. She's worn 2 green outfits on the trip.
We were just comparing them.

Yup. I didn't like the green dress either. The zipper thing is awful.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

I wonder what are the chances we might see the Wattle brooch tomorrow? It is a fitting engagement on a significant day, plus there would be a nice symmetry to the tour as she arrived wearing the "NZ Fern " and could complete her engagements wearing the "Aussie Wattle".

The Duchess of Cambridge looks absolutely grand in this elegant pink!

The pink outfit also addresses the "long-waisted" look that others have mentioned - gives her a nice silhouette. I think it's a little pale, trying to think what it would be like to go from such a pale pink to two bright green outfits within such a short span of time (I wouldn't like looking at the outfits in the same closet, myself...)

Does she wear Kelly green (or whatever shade we want to call that) so often? Or this is a recent trend?

I like the color but I don't like the zipper in the front or the neckline. It's unfortunate that she didn't check the weather report; she does look uncomfortable. I would be surprised if she didn't have back-up outfits.

Unfortunately she doesn't seem to have them. That's why she's so often caught by the wind.

I don't like this coat. That huge belt is awful. This is one of the ocasions where she seems to be hiding from the world inside a big coat and that curtain of hair.

I didn't think her pink coat was too revealing or vulgar at all, although I do think the neckline was lower than usual. I think some have reacted the way they did because we're used to seeing Catherine wear clothes with fairly high V necks, and I think we're just trying to adjust to an alternative. That aside, I generally think she looked very elegant and sophisticated that day.

I prefer her green coat from today than her previous one she wore, although the colour is a little bright for my taste. I know this sounds picky, but the buckle on her coat is a little large IMO. A smaller one would've been much better.

That green is her color. A hairstyle would have helped the look, pulled a little back at least. Love anything Catherine Walker, she looks terrific.

The outfit is very reminiscent of a "coat-frock" (as it was termed) my mother had in around 1956-57.

I'm also not a fan of the hat. But what a great coat dress!

Didn't like the neckline of the green coat. I hope she will have it altered.

I loved the taupe dress she wore a few days ago. That colour looks so great with her skintone. It highlighted her face together with the,warm colours of the Australian weather.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014 -

The coat dress is lovely- a pleasant change to see a patterned coat. The style is very flattering to her figure and the length is perfect for her. Not so keen on the hat, but when Kate wears her hair down and framed round her face getting the proportion right is tricky.

Last edited:
I like the hat, I think it's cute. It's a perfect outfit for the occasion.

I really like the coat. It is interesting to see a coat with a pattern. I love the color of the shoes and clutch. I'm glad that Catherine is not following the anti-matching fad. I think coordinating colors makes an ensemble more cohesive and focuses the attention on the person.

I don't like the hat--but I like the color.

Last edited:
I don't like the hat--but I like the color.

The hat is by an Australian designer, Jonathan Howard; that is probably why Kate chose it.
She has been criticized for not wearing more clothing by local designers.

The coat is really nice and I don't mind the hat, but she has worn nicer ones. She sure went for color coordinating today.

That hat is heinous. I like the coat dress though it's not a favorite of mine.

There was a lot of mis-identification of the Kors coat. Many tweets calling out both Walker and Tom Ford? LOL.
I thought it perfect for the occasion. You could find her in the crowd but she was not the natural center of attention.

I really like the tweed coat but that hat was too small and I dislike the Winged Mercury-type protusions. And what a shame that the lovely poppy brooch was obscured by the falling hair.

Last edited:
Hats and where they're worn

I, like many women, seldom find an occasion to wear a hat, unless it's cold or sunny. Are hats like Catherine's or fascinator-style hats worn in the US? I obviously don't move in the circles where they are worn- if they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom