The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine's yellow dress is a beautiful reminder of gorgeous sunshine!:sun::sun:

Here it is (retail version) and the 3 changes made for Catherine are just so much better IMO

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1gHhMjdmp84/U06GMvTrAxI/AAAAAAAAaHs/y40o2PcwkNQ/s1600/2014-04-16-2.jpg

(courtesy of Order of Sartorial Splendor)

Change of sleeves (thank goodness)
Change of neckline - just prefer it
Change of colour - fantastic!

I was a little thrown by the white patch at the hem to begin with, especially as she disembarked the plane. however, the color blocking as a whole on the entire dress works, is very on trend and tasteful and breaks up the all yellow look. Kate's bespoke version is a much more attractive design, the more fitted sleeves as well as the square neck, i think it echoes the block better. i think this was a good look for her and the nude shoes worked. yellow or white would have been too much.

overall my only disappointment on this trip has been then Erdem green coat (which i am sure will be her St Patricks Day coat next year).

i really liked today's choices - the blue suit was lovely yet professional, and i fell in love with her block colour yellow and white dress. great choices, that look elegant without making her dress in clothes an older person would wear. along with her dress at plunket and her casual looks in NZ, this yellow dress is amongst my favourites of this tour perhaps.

:eek: Finally she wears something with an appropriate cut for an airport.

Love this yellow dress but it highligths a bit too much how thin she is.

And those nude pumps, she really couldn't leave the UK without them, could she?

I love Catherine's blue outfit, that colour suits her. I like that shade of yellow on her second dress, but I agree with roseroyal on the white bits - they spoil it IMO. Without, the dress would've been great. On the other hand, the yellow dress does match perfectly with the sunny atmosphere.

Yes I do too. I was talking about I like white with yellow squares, not yellow with white squares. The latter looks like a banana.

Goodbye NZ blue suit really dreadful with the dull color and back zipper. Made her look much too skinny.
The yellow dress was fab, thankfullly changes were made to orginal. LOVE a square neckline and she looks great in that, plus hair back a little made all the difference. Necklines and ability to see the face is so important in a public figure.
George is simply too, too much. I can't get enough of him!

I loved her take on the yellow dress. The squared off neckline suited her so much more than the original as did the reversal of colours. It seems to have been chosed with steps and stairs in mind. The only reservation I have is the appearance of the ubiquitous neutral/beige/blah LK Bennett Sledge heels. Couldn't she not have forgotten them when she packed

Blue Mountain Trip (part 1) to meet survivors of the bushfires. Wearing Diane Von Furstenberg in Navy and White.

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=H...s=x81VNw2OBaBv9X1IH-4pW7eZ4p05XMjQYVLtXp3OEyg
I loved this look and thought it looked cool and elegant, but . . .

http://images.smh.com.au/2014/04/17/5357020/dh_kate-20140417122725693719-620x349.jpg

Oh dear, it looks like furniture or curtaining material and . . .

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlY5gr-CEAE60ka.jpg

. . . we're having wind and dress problems again, and

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/48...h3zj/satvFVGe68QP92iBEelzLdg5bNeuUbJu+kdYqg==

I don't know what it is about those wedges but every time she wears them it ruins her posture and tends to lead with her head.

I really cannot stand those wedges.. the dress is great shape on her but don't like the pattern.

The print of the dress looks lovely in close up pics but perhaps a little busy in the long shots . I like the style but I wonder is it the same pair of wedges every time - or maybe she has several identical pairs.

Lovely dress with a flattering and simple fit to it. I just wish she had her hair in a ponytail to highlight the dresses collar which is hidden with her hair.

The dress is ok...not a fan of the pattern.

LaRae

Lovely dress with a flattering and simple fit to it. I just wish she had her hair in a ponytail to highlight the dresses collar which is hidden with her hair.
Unfortunately we've only seen one ponytail on the tour so far but I think it would showcase a lot of her outfits.

I think the dress is very flattering. I really like the pattern.

I'm not a big fan of wedgies but these are okay. I am constantly amazed at how graceful she is. I would be falling off my heels several times a day if I wore the shoes she wears-- and that is just walking. I don't dig holes, play cricket, etc...

The dress is absolutely gorgeous! The wedges are too high, she does not need them.

Lovely dress which suits her, most would look very wide in that pattern.

Those wedges should really be burned, there are so many other shoes in the world!

what about a t-strap?

The dress is absolutely gorgeous! The wedges are too high, she does not need them.

Lovely dress which suits her, most would look very wide in that pattern.

Those wedges should really be burned, there are so many other shoes in the world!

what about a t-strap?

I can't get excited about this. They are reasonably fashionable shoes, she clearly likes them, she is continuing to recycle them and get her money's worth..... what is the problem here?

I like the dress, but not the wedges.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

The DVF dress is very pretty on the Duchess. The wedges I don't mind with this dress, since I tend to think that wedges go with casual wrap dresses. And William actually looks cute with his jeans on. Great outing for them. Can't wait for the zoo visit.

She looked very pretty even if the dress is nothing special IMO. It reminds me of this Erdem she wore during her pregnancy.I don't know why though:

Kate Middleton Photos - Kate Middleton Visits a Primary School - Zimbio

The only thing that bothers me : Why is STILL wearing those horrible wedges? Sorry but there's an occasion for everything and it wasn't ideal to were such shoes high on a mountains! At the vinyard she almost slipped and today she didn't have a go because of her shoes. She said the same thing when she didn't try badmington in October at Sportsaid and she specifically said itwas due to her shoes.

I like this outfit. It's different for her and the wedges are a nice touch. Very simple and elegant.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom