The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Catherine's coat. It suits her well. I'm not so sure about the hat however, I'm still trying to work out what those decorations are on the back of it! ;)

Catherine's outfit for the ANZAC Day Dawn Service. It looks nice and warm, but there's something about the coat that I'm not too keen on:

Full view ~ Close up

Apologies for any reposts, and the quality of the photos.

I, like many women, seldom find an occasion to wear a hat, unless it's cold or sunny. Are hats like Catherine's or fascinator-style hats worn in the US? I obviously don't move in the circles where they are worn- if they are.

Here's a sea of ladies' hats at the Kentucky Derby in the U.S.

Last edited:
Don't like the coat, and hat is awful.
Favorite outfit of the tour- Mcqueen pink dress.

Last edited:
Catherine is really beginning to look tired, it's a good thing the tour is winding up.

The hat spoilt a bit to me.... Even if I am not a fan of the tweed the dress was simple and looked lovely on her... The hat er seemed to be worn upside down and those "hornes" made her look like Snowhite's witch :-D No offence

She looked absolutely divine. I loved the whole look including the hat but then again, I just love those hats. If I could wear them more often, I would.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

This last outfit was very good. I like it a lot. But my favorite of the tour remains being the white dress with blue flowers :)

But overall, I think this trip had very good outfits :) Kate was always very beautiful, elegant and suitable in different occasions! Well Done :)

Very nice outfit this last one. She looked nice and appropriate.

As a die-hard hat aficionado, sadly I have to agree. Her hat did look ridiculous perched on the front of all that bulk of hair poofed out and around the back and hanging down the sides of her face. The sheer mass reduced the hat to look like a pimple on a pumpkin. :ohmy:

PS: For all of us hanging out for a brooch . . . she is wearing one and it is not small.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/5412260-3x2-700x467.jpg

Unfortunately it is mostly obscured by her hair.

Last edited:
I loved the hat and the coat, the complementary brooch color made the outfit. She was not the center of attention at Anzac day and she and William looked very dignified and proper as they should.

Hmm, I don't think fascinators are worn as much in the U.S. as they are over the pond.....;)

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't think fascinators are worn as much in the U.S. as they are over the pond.....;)

So you're telling me if I want to look ridiculous wearing one, I've got to go to the UK? I actually look ridiculous in most hats, cuz I've got a big head and big hair, too!

I think you'd find fascinators here in the U.S.; I'll bet most specialty millinery shops and boutiques sell them. I'm not a fan of fascinators myself; I like the garden-variety type of chapeau personally.

Last edited:
The hat she wore on the last day was hideous, the two things sticking out of the back could go for a costume party hat IMO. I loved the coat, it was very pretty and very elegant. The color, fabric and cut worked very well for her.

I loved the hat not crazy about the coat dress ...

I absolutely love the tweed coat-dress (and the idea of a coat-dress). Catherine looks elegant in it. I'm not crazy about the small hat, but it doesn't bother me all that much. After a few photos, one gets used to it.

So you're telling me if I want to look ridiculous wearing one, I've got to go to the UK? I actually look ridiculous in most hats, cuz I've got a big head and big hair, too!

I have seen them in smaller shops and boutiques here but not in the larger stores.:flowers:

wouldn't a poll of favourite outfit worn by catherine in the NZ and OZ tour be fun?

:)I loved Catherine's coatdress and yes, the hat also. I think she looked very chic and elegant in that outfit. My goodness, remember the hat PB wore that looked like a toilet seat, now that was and still is one very ugly hat and she should be ashamed of even wearing something like regardless of who designed it........not all designers have taste that is for sure. Catherine's hat was quite nice, the color and the bow in the back wasn't too big nor to small, just the right size, maybe perched to far on the forehead, but a nice hat.

Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom