The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

@RE_DailyMail: Kate's jacket was by MaxMara and her skirt by Orla Kierly, whose brown birdy dress she wore yesterday @RE_DailyMail: Almost a wardrobe malfunction for Kate today in very shirt navy pleated skirt http://t.co/5wKa6zIIx9

GETTYIMAGES!
Full view - http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...ives-at-clifford-chance-news-photo/450721005#

Accident - http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...ine-duchess-of-cambridge-news-photo/450721019

Another view -
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...rives-at-clifford-chance-news-photo/450721003

Last edited:
I find this outfit very underwhelming.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/20/article-2510464-1988CE2300000578-270_306x1023.jpg

And: Will she ever learn? :whistling::wacko: Its not so difficult to read the weather news before an event to find out it will be windy. Why she dresses in such skirts without weight in the hemline is beyond me. But of course, how bad of the photographers to take pictures and the papers to put the wardrobe malfunction on the front page.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/20/article-2510464-1988BC2F00000578-809_306x620.jpg

Last edited:
I love the blue suede accessories and also her hair worn off the face. As for the two piece, although many will find the skirt too short, she still manages to look good in a gust of wind. I think she pitches her look just right when you look at the type of engagements she has carried out yesterday and today. The emphasis is on the visit rather than the clothes

The MaxMara jacket is nice. I like the shoes. The flimsy skirt could be longer.

I like the whole outfit, just a pity with the wind.
From pics taken inside, without the wind, I think the skirt is the right length. This is the type of skirt if too long starts looking very matronly

The wind blowing the skirt wasn't bad. I think she looked beautiful and I'm a leg man so I'm going to say it...those legs look pretty good.

And: Will she ever learn? :whistling::wacko: Its not so difficult to read the weather news before an event to find out it will be windy. Why she dresses in such skirts without weight in the hemline is beyond me.

I was thinking the same thing about the weather news. Surely the weather forecast is taken into consideration when deciding what to wear on the day. The fabric looks fairly light and likely to blow up in a moderate breeze, and the design provides lots of extra material to enable billowing unless weighed down.

And I think the skirt is too short. It could be a few inches longer and still not be dowdy. She's in her 30s now, not a teenager.

The fact I can see the top of her tights when the wind blows her skirt is an issue for me. I love the outfit, the colour is great and it's structured finally.
But the skirt needs to be longer and she needs some other element to make the outfit be distinctive. A beret, a hat, a brooch, a necklace.

I don't care mucht for the blue outifit, is blue...nothing special, a bit to short... the Orla Keiley jacket / dress is lovely but those boties are not in shape to be worn again...

Was pleased to see Kate wearing her hair caught back off her face - this type of hairstyle suits her best.

Not a fan of the navy outfit - the think the jacket isn't right for that pleated skirt and totally agree its a very blustery day in UK this type of loose skirt was the wrong choice. I think either a smart trouser suit or a shift dress/skirt would have been the best option

I love the blue suede accessories and also her hair worn off the face. As for the two piece, although many will find the skirt too short, she still manages to look good in a gust of wind. I think she pitches her look just right when you look at the type of engagements she has carried out yesterday and today. The emphasis is on the visit rather than the clothes

I agree!
I think that Kate always looks appropriate for the occasion, even if often the press seems disappointed when she fails to wear something new each time.

Kate looks nice and appropriate for the visit. I love the fact that she pulled her hair back and it looks like it has more "life" today. With that being said, I'm not a fan of the flimsy skirts that she chooses sometimes, just a personal thing. My thoughts are she needs to take a page out of the Queen's book and put weights in the hem if she insists on wearing them.

I like this outfit better than the previous one - I think the Duchess looks great in a nice formal fitted jacket and it's good to see a darker colour (this year I got fed up with everyne wearing beige and cream!).
As for the skirt, well......It's freezing and windy here in the UK and my feet were freezing cold in wool socks and tough shoes, yet I saw I saw a woman today wearing a skirt and those little ballet pumps on her feet....ladies of Britain, you must be a tough lot to withstand cool temperatures!

Kate looks nice and appropriate for the visit. I love the fact that she pulled her hair back and it looks like it has more "life" today. With that being said, I'm not a fan of the flimsy skirts that she chooses sometimes, just a personal thing. My thoughts are she needs to take a page out of the Queen's book and put weights in the hem if she insists on wearing them.

I agree with the weights but as long as it don't cause Catherine's wardrobe to loose it's shape. Sometimes I think The Queen's overcoats and dresses appears to be wearing her down to the ground because they look so heavy and shapeless.

It's not my favorite outfit, but the hairstyle is one of her better ones.

I like the color, and the accessories, but overall, she looks too severe. Bad school uniform.

Kate's outfit today is really nice and elegant IMO, one of the nicest she has worn recently though it is way too short. I like her hair pulled back like this, it really suits her.

Really didn't like the outfit it was too short for her even without the wind blowing it up. I'm not prudish or anything but I think she shows too much leg lol. Okay for celebrities but not a future queen.

Very pretty outfit. As for the "accident", it was not her underwear, it was the skirt's lining. Nevertheless, i agree she should find a solution, either to put weights, or not to choose large and short skirts for "open air" events.

I never liked the pattern on the brown dress. As for the navy outfit, I like the skirt but I don't like the jacket.

Love the color...not a fan of the skirt.

LaRae

It almost looks like Catherine legs are too long for the outfit.

I know some may say that Catherine was showing too much leg but I loved it, lol.

I think her outfits are not porportioned to her body right or something. It always looks odd when she wears those short skirts.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom