The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOVE the tartan scarf! Not too fond of the tartan coat, but I like her hat. I think the tartan coat needs a brooch or something to break it up a bit.

Love the tartan coat and hat. Catherine looks divine. Love the color on her. Love that she did not go for the expected red.

Black watch

Black Watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it is a tartan much used, in fact in formed part of my 6th form uniform.

Catherine last owre this outift in late November 2012. She is now a lot thinner than shevwas then.

Admirer was referring to the scarf.

Quote:Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
WANT the scarf!!!!

Admirer -
Me too! Does anyone recognize it as a clan tartan? Oversized but lovely.

This is her in November 2012; http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/25/article-0-164A02AE000005DC-850_470x647.jpg

Looking pretty much the same size as she is now.

:previous: hahahahahahaha that'll learn me!

Oh I love the cream coat and the scarf. Love at first sight for me and thankfully I own a very similar coat. Never cared much about the McQueen outfit but nothing to complain about it either. :)

Does somebody recognize the tartan of Kate's scarf? Could it be Royal Stewart?

Last edited by a moderator:
The cream coat and scarf are nice. I'm not a big fan of a the tartan coat, but I really do like that hat (the addition of the hat does make me like the coat more than I have when she's worn it previously).

Royal Stewart
5146b070161ac37c0085a639acc6965dc12255127557409.gif

I had a wrap in what looks like similar colours, ie a maroon backgound with some d blue and a light colour. It wasn't a formal tartan, in the same way that the black watch tartan does not belong to a clan (although it is recognised as a tartan) and neither did the grey/blue "tartan" coat she wore early in her pregnancy.

It may be just a print - she would be v careful not to wear something to which she was not entitled. I wish we had better pictures - guess I'm not alone in that!

EDIT - one of the blogs thinks its identified the wrap - and its not a formal tartan. Scroll down

http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.co.uk/

:wub:Oh how I love the green hat and plaid coatdress, can I shop her closet for that............she looks really great. I also love the shawl but give me that hat first....
It's nice to see how she has a good relationship with the Queen, they seems comfortable together.

I thought she looked great all the way aeound. Love the scarf. They look like they are totally in love.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

It would also be a great outfit to recycle if she ever visits Ireland.

She looks lovely in both outfits. wish she would put on a bit more weight, looked better in the outfits with more weight, and herface would look better too

Thanks cepe! Indeed the cashmere scarf is from Really Wild Clothing and as of now sold out. No wonder it is beautiful indeed. :)

I do think the Duchess has figured out coat dressing. Which is good because of where she lives and makes most of her appearances. She knows what looks good on her (whether we like it of not - that's a diffrent issue) and she has the "makes sure they can see you" thing down to a tee. That scarf over the cream coat made certain that she was easy to find in a crowd. The green hat was the perfect accessory.

She has a good sense of color as well. She knows how to pick a tartan that will work at schools and rec grounds and is perfect for Christmas. In fact , all her Christmas looks have been merry without being blinking bright.

I always think back to her joint appearance with the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall where they all wore shades of blue. Kate's navy boucle did not stand front and center but the fringed finish made it easy to find in pictures.

For my taste (and yes, this is just an opinion) she does this with classic lines and without a need to dress fussily. She has learned how to edit a look.

Both outfits looked lovely on Catherine. Her early morning outfit looks very warm and cosy; and her tartan coat is quite festive! Like the hat, too.

:advent:

The first outfit is lovely, not liking the Tartan outfit, it looked too big and if it was borrowed from Princess Anne.

Both outfits looked lovely on Catherine. Her early morning outfit looks very warm and cosy; and her tartan coat is quite festive! Like the hat, too.

:advent:

Totally agree! She looked festive without being over the top; I loved both tartans. And the hat was so cute! :flowers:

I loved the tartan coat, but I was a bit surprised to see that they go to two services on Christmas day, is this what they usually do?

I loved the tartan coat, but I was a bit surprised to see that they go to two services on Christmas day, is this what they usually do?
Yes, but usually we see only few pictures from first service.

I liked both of her outfits, though my favourite is the first one (I have a soft spot for big scarves/shawls).

But those boots.....

I liked both outfits, but I think the Black Watch tartan coat/dress with the green hat was particularly fetching; it seemed perfect to me. I had a Black Watch tartan skirt as a child and have a soft spot for it. :)

:holly::xmasbell::candycane:

I thought the green hat gave the tartan some dash and flair, but I preferred the earlier outfit with the beautiful pashmina/shawl and white coat.

Last edited:
Oh I love the cream coat and the scarf. Love at first sight for me and thankfully I own a very similar coat. Never cared much about the McQueen outfit but nothing to complain about it either. :)

Can't tell about the scarf, but her later dress I certainly do, as it's my Clan Tartan!! It's also the Tartan used by The Black Watch.

I thought she looked wonderful both times, but I really loved that colour of green her hat is. I hope that means there's an outfit to match we haven't seen yet, as I thought it really suited Kate beautifully.

Also love the green hat! Proper hat and fitted beautifully and flattering the face, the way life should be!
The McQueen coat seems to hang on her though.

I Loved the white coat with the wonderful scarf! The tartan coat, not so much. But the hat saved the day with it's pretty color and shape.

Was never a fan of the tartan McQueen coat dress - it doesn't fit her great and its all abit much. But it was obviously and expensive bespoke piece - so im glad Kate continues to recycle wisely. The hat is cute. She looked nice at the private service in the cream coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom