The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this outfit. Catherine looks classy, and elegant. The color is lovely too.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

I like that she had her hair up. It's nice to see her face and not hiding behind her hair.

Blue is my fav color and I love that she is wearing gloves.
This is a short skirt.ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1385016952.219884.jpg

I said if people keep complaining about Kate's skirts I would start posting pix of real short skirts.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I love this outfit but it would be great if she could sort out her tayloring and have the hems weigthed she misses there IMO I love the gloves and her hair is out of her face a real positive.I love the length of the skirt and love love the pleating.

She does need to have her skirts weighted that's for sure, I don't know why she refuses to do it. But even so the wind didn't seem to do much damage.

Blue is my fav color and I love that she is wearing gloves. This is a short skirt. I said if people keep complaining about Kate's skirts I would start posting pix of real short skirts.

Yes that's a short dress, being worn by a celebrity who is not currently dating nor married to a royal. Not sure what the point was.

Well,I guess it is very personal wheter one considers a skirt "too short", it depends on the cultural background and upbringing. Someone with a more conservative upbringing will find Catherine´s skirt´s short,while someone who is taking fashion inspirations from celebrities may find the outfit too prudish, it completely depends on the point of view:) Coco Chanel used to say that the most unattractive part of a woman´s body is the knee,therefore she would only create dresses that went below the knee. (That´s why her fashion was considered "matronly" and old-fashioned by some young women when she was older.)
There is a common guideline used in many companies that says "a skirt should not end more than 20cm up from the knee", because extra-short miniskirts may divert the attention from the work! Using this rule,Catherine´s skirt would get a sign of approval.

Last edited:
Good taste never includes views of the royal backside. She needs to get a grip on who she is and stop wearing the cheerleading skirts. The continual wearing of skirts that blow up may lead many to believe she is an exhibitionist.

Wind "damages" are not related to lenght, they are related to shape. Large pleated skirts are "dangereous", straight skirts are safe.
Someone posted yesterday some pics of "wind accidents" with QEII, Queen Paola, Pcs Diana, etc. Noone of these ladies wears too short skirts, BUT accidents did arrive.

I think its time Kate got some help with her wardrobe and learnt what length is suitable for a royal even looking at the weather report might help!!!
Thank god she pulled her hair off her face. Take a tip from other royals or I'm sure they would offer advice. Stop buying at cheap places and get something
Made that we finally might think your duchess material last 2 outings score out of 10 maybe a 2!!

Yes, accidents do happen. And as is attested yesterday by the posted pictures of wind-blown Royals, it even happens to the Queen with her "weighted-down hems".:whistling:

I am a dress person and have been wearing flowy or flare dresses for >20 years - I do not wear any 2 pc or tight pencil skirt or pant at all. To avoid any embarrassing moment, I always wear a slip pant till my mid-thigh - it's thinner, looser and more comfortable than short tights. So I am not worry about dress flying or even when I am kneeing down.

Something like this - I have them in different length and in all 3 colors, black, white and nude

http://www.amazon.com/Ilusion-Womens-Cotton-Pettipants-Pant/dp/B001UTI2V4

Last edited:
We just saw a little leg and it wasn't bad as some people would like to make it. We have seen The Queen's legs, Diana's, Sarah's, Beatrice's and Camilla's legs. It just happens sometimes.

If she truly wants people to concentrate on the visit, the work, then she should be extra careful in choosing clothes that won't have the ability to show skin.
Like the jacket, don't really think Black is her color.
Sure looks like she does her own hair, happy to see it off the face.
Great earrings.

If she truly wants people to concentrate on the visit, the work, then she should be extra careful in choosing clothes that won't have the ability to show skin.
Like the jacket, don't really think Black is her color.
Sure looks like she does her own hair, happy to see it off the face.
Great earrings.

The entire outfit was navy blue.

We just saw a little leg and it wasn't bad as some people would like to make it. We have seen The Queen's legs, Diana's, Sarah's, Beatrice's and Camilla's legs. It just happens sometimes.

But it is happening with Kate time and time again and she doesn't appear to learn how to deal with it.
Kate should most definitely not wear skirts below the knee, she is not 60. Her skirt is appropriate for a modern woman of her age.

Last edited:
I think its time Kate got some help with her wardrobe and learnt what length is suitable for a royal even looking at the weather report might help!!!
Thank god she pulled her hair off her face. Take a tip from other royals or I'm sure they would offer advice. Stop buying at cheap places and get something
Made that we finally might think your duchess material last 2 outings score out of 10 maybe a 2!!

The last two outings she had on designer clothes, so the clothes were not "cheap". Even she goes full on designer, the papers will still focus on her clothes, the Daily Mail will have headline like "Kate wears £6000 blue dress"

There IS a difference between the odd malfunction - which happens - to all of us, and the repetitive malfunction. I'm not here to argue where Kate fits on this continuum, but there is nevertheless a difference between the two.

I thought Catherine looked great and being a -leg man- I loved her legs but I paid more attention to the purpose of her visit as patron of Place2be. The charity officials was so grateful and thankful for their patron visiting and staying an extra hour than planned, that they took to twitter to help express their thanks and happiness of the visit and the attention Catherine brought with her.

From time to time, windy conditions aren't friendly to women wearing dresses, regardless of having weights in them. I the media will always do their thing in trying to make their reports and articles more juicy and hot but I think it's up to the readers to pay attention to what's really important and not get totally distracted by a little leg, which wasn't as bad as some are making it.

I just wanted to start by saying out of all of Kate’s “Marilyn’s moments” (I hate this term), this wasn’t the worst. It was an unfortunate day that happened to be windy, and she was only outside for a few moments to meet the dignitaries and then she was inside, so she probably didn’t put too much thought into the wind. In fact I thought the skirt was a nice length overall, and it wasn’t super flimsy (like the Topshop black and white polka dot). I also liked the whole outfit overall.

With that, I do think she should be more careful to avoid the “Marilyn’s moments”, especially when she attending events as the Duchess of Cambridge. She isn't an ordinary person (like me) or a celebrity (although she is technically a celebrity, she is first a royal). I could get away with wearing a skirt and having it caught by the wind for a millisecond because I don't have hundreds of photographers taking my picture at that moment. I might be embarrassed, especially if a passerby got a view of something, and I would probably end up holding down my skirt in case of another gush of wind (although I would probably not wear a skirt if it was that windy).

But as a royal, she can't be "flashing" the public and photographers (I know nothing was exposed but I don't think seeing a lot of upper tight is appropriate at these event). She also can’t be holding down her skirt because it would be awkward to do while shaking hands with dignitaries and being presented flowers. In fact when she was at the airport in Calgary, she supposedly committed “bad etiquette” by not putting her cowboy hat on because she was unable to because she was too busy holding down her dress and hair.

I think she could consider a few things in order to avoid these moments. She could wear more opaque black tights, instead of the sheer black tights. I have always found it your tights are opaque you can get away with shorter skirts because you can’t really see skin. She could start wearing more sheath dresses and skirts, and this might be the better suggestion for getting on airplanes (she didn’t have any wind issues when she was leaving for Canada or when she arrived in Ottawa because her dresses were more sheath and form-fitting). Or she could start wearing clothes that aren’t as flimsy, but she might have to move away from the high street clothes, and get more bespoken or designer clothes.

I also wanted to add that I loved her hair. I like having my hair down, but it isn’t professional to have your hair in your face and having to continuously push it back. And like me she tends to touch her hair a lot (I do it when I am nervous) so pulling it back prevents that.

Kate had a slip on right? That is what most people saw when the skirt slightly flew up.
Moving on from Kate's non short skirt, I am loving the gloves so much.

Good taste never includes views of the royal backside. She needs to get a grip on who she is and stop wearing the cheerleading skirts. The continual wearing of skirts that blow up may lead many to believe she is an exhibitionist.

I am sorry to agree with you, but I do, 100%. I would have thought the incident on the tarmac in Calgary would have been so mortifying that she would make sure it didn't happen again. But apparently it wasn't.:sad:

I am sorry to agree with you, but I do, 100%. I would have thought the incident on the tarmac in Calgary would have been so mortifying that she would make sure it didn't happen again. But apparently it wasn't.:sad:

Maybe that’s because it wasn’t as mortifying as you and some others seem to think it was. Not everyone gets their panties in a knot over a blown up skirt..

I hope he does another outing soon so we can move on from this.

Maybe that’s because it wasn’t as mortifying as you and some others seem to think it was. Not everyone gets their panties in a knot over a blown up skirt..

I hope he does another outing soon so we can move on from this.

Agreed. I realize the venue differs - but we have seen her a number of times in bikinis. I just can't feel the horror of blowing skirts.

Her skirt flew up to mid-thigh. That's not so bad, and though I understand the media needs a hook to draw readers in, it was hardly a "Marilyn moment". And to insinuate that people may be tempted to think the Duchess might be an exhibitionist is a little over-the-top, no? How do we know that this happens only to Kate? She's photographed much more than any other Royal lady, so who's to say they don't have their own "Marilyn moments" just as much, or even more?

How do we know that this happens only to Kate? She's photographed much more than any other Royal lady, so who's to say they don't have their own "Marilyn moments" just as much, or even more?

Of course they do.
I've seen such pictures of both Sophie and Beatrice (and Fergie, in days gone by). I'm another who doesn't see the big deal, it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom