The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they do.
I've seen such pictures of both Sophie and Beatrice (and Fergie, in days gone by). I'm another who doesn't see the big deal, it happens.

In fact it happen to Sophie this year at the church service of the 60th anniversary of the coronation. No news paper wrote it nor did people online tell her to take note from the Queen.

It isn't a big deal at all, it only a big deal because the media and certain people online is making it be a big deal.

Again, it's not that it happened, it's the fact that it keeps happening to her and she doesn't seem to care to try and prevent it.

Well the only way to prevent these things from happening is to have her dress in pencil skirts or have all her skirts knee length with the famous chains sewn into the hemline. Might as well have her look like an old woman who dresses like the Queen. Wouldnt that be a lovely sight to behold? For goodness sake people, at least she had on tights and a slip I think. Sure she is now "royal" but, according to some, she should become a prude. Really?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

Well the only way to prevent these things from happening is to have her dress in pencil skirts or have all her skirts knee length with the famous chains sewn into the hemline. Might as well have her look like an old woman who dresses like the Queen. Wouldnt that be a lovely sight to behold? For goodness sake people, at least she had on tights and a slip I think. Sure she is now "royal" but, according to some, she should become a prude. Really?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

Nah, some people will say the pencil skirts are too tight or sexual. She might has well just were pantsuits, call Hilary Clinton and ask her where she buys them

That is funny Miche. It would be strange seeing her in pantsuits all the time.

Well, now, Hilary isn't the only prominent lady to wear pantsuits and wear them well. Just look at Letizia, Maxima as well as other royal ladies who certainly wear them with style, flair and panache. I think it would be a good idea for Kate to vary her wardrobe up at official events and put on a nice pair of slacks with a great blazer and accessories. It's not that she'd be breaking the style barrier here! :whistling:

Last edited:
It would be new for the #BRF ladies, I haven't seen one yet wear pantsuits. And no forget these other royal ladies, she should just wear Hilary Clinton style pantsuits.

And what exactly are Hilary Clinton-style pantsuits?

Last edited:
That is funny Miche. It would be strange seeing her in pantsuits all the time.

It would be nice, people will still call her boring, may say she doesn't take her job serious or whatever they say about Letizia when she wear pantsuits. But her pantsuits should be Clinton style

Well, now, Hilary isn't the only prominent lady to wear pantsuits and wear them well. Just look at Letizia, Maxima as well as other royal ladies who certainly wear them with style, flair and panache. I think it would be a good idea for Kate to vary her wardrobe up at official events and put on a nice pair of slacks with a great blazer and accessories. It's not that she'd be breaking the style barrier here! :whistling:
Infanta Elena and Maxima are also tall like Kate and wear their pants suits and separates well for their daytime events.

Has anyone written to Catherine with suggestions?

Heaven forbid anyone doing that - she might take notice and we would have nothing to complain about lol!

It might be worth considering that the sorts of newspapers that publish images of Catherine's legs are not read by her or her staff (I hope not anyway), and she may have no idea that there is a problem (if you can call it that) at all. Certainly if I was on her staff, I wouldn't dare go up to her and tell her! Even if she was aware of it, she has done the right thing by acting in a regal manner and ignoring it as if it wasn't there.....it's probably an urban myth, but I heard a story once about Queen Mary and that during one outing, an undergarment slipped down and she ended up having to step out of it. She then turned to her lady-in-waiting and said "please remove that offending article".

^^^Hilary dresses for her age and no one but you is claiming that Kate should wear fashions that a middle-aged woman does. I think the latter would do very well wearing contemporary, age-appropriate pantsuits like this or even this.

But I'd certainly like to see Kate in those very attractive turquoise, red and royal blue colors. Even that olive green is quite nice. ;)

Last edited:
Oh my. Jacknch, wouldn't that have been something if the urban legend was true? I can't even imagine it especially in that era. Lol.

^^^Hilary dresses for her age and no one but you is claiming that Kate should wear fashions that a middle-aged woman does. I think the latter would do very well wearing pantsuits like this.

No I'm saying that if she can't wear what people her age wear without being told that she's trying to desperately hold on to her youth than she might as well dress like one of the most prominent women of today. Oh Mary and Letizia are middle-age women. They are 41 year old.

No I'm saying that if she can't wear what people her age wear without being told that she's trying to desperately hold on to her youth than she might as well dress like one of the most prominent women of today. Oh Mary and Letizia are middle-age women. They are 41 year old.

Yes, the very unprominent Mary and Letizia are absolutely ancient and their clothes do look absolutely ridiculous on them since they're desperately holding onto their youth. Shame on them! Kate should definitely avoid at all costs styles like these that would make her look like an old woman. After all, the 66-year-old Hilary Clinton is the only choice in town.

Last edited:
Mary and Letizia married in their early-30's. And wore pantsuits. They didn't look like nuns, either. Kate would look great in a pantsuit.

Mary and Letizia married in their early-30's. And wore pantsuits. They didn't look like nuns, either. Kate would look great in a pantsuit.
Perhaps Anne has a few groovy pantsuits left over from the 70's? That royal lady never gets rid of anything. :D She could loan a few to Kate. A little alteration here and there then watch the fashion reporters praise her retro and thrifty style.

Perhaps Anne has a few groovy pantsuits left over from the 70's? That royal lady never gets rid of anything. :D

Frankly, I believe Zara has been wearing them....:whistling:

Anne rocks in retro!

Anne is morphing into Tilda Swinton.. she can put on anything now, virtually anything.

I'm not quite sure who Kate will morph into fashion wise. Would be kind of cool if it were Helena Bonham Carter. That would give us all something interesting to post about.

Maybe she turn up at her next event wearing two different shoes. Now, that would be... majestic!

Yes, the very unprominent Mary and Letizia are absolutely ancient and their clothes do look absolutely ridiculous on them since they're desperately holding onto their youth. Shame on them! Kate should definitely avoid at all costs styles like these that would make her look like an old woman. After all, the 66-year-old Hilary Clinton is the only choice in town.

When did I say I say any of that of Mary and Letizia?
If I recall Hilary Clinton wore those same style of pantsuit when she was in her 30s.
And I would prefer her go the unfashionable route since everytime wear something in style it a big deal in the media and online about how inappropriate she is, even when she wear things that are similar to what Mary and Letizia as worn.

Maybe she turn up at her next event wearing two different shoes. Now, that would be... majestic!

What about one of her nude LK Bennetts and her scuffed shootie? That would be....intriguing!

When did I say I say any of that of Mary and Letizia?
If I recall Hilary Clinton wore those same style of pantsuit when she was in her 30s.
And I would prefer her go the unfashionable route since everytime wear something in style it a big deal in the media and online about how inappropriate she is, even when she wear things that are similar to what Mary and Letizia as worn.

You used Hilary Clinton as an extreme case of what Kate should dress like since you feel too many protests are leveled against her for her fashion choices. I used Mary and Letizia et al as examples of what Kate could wear similar to what her contemporaries are wearing. I have yet to see Kate wear a pantsuit similar to Mary and Letizia that would broaden her fashion scope.

I simply pointed out choices that Kate can make. End of story, finis.

Last edited by a moderator:

I never said that that Letizia and Mary were ancient or desperately holding onto their youth.
You said Kate shouldn't dress like a middle-age woman yet you gave two example of middle-age women for her to take note from (40-60 is middle-age).

I mention that people always criticize Kate saying that she's desperately trying to hold on to her youth and yet you take that and claim that I was criticizing Letizia and Mary for desperately holding on there youth

You used Hilary Clinton as an extreme case of what Kate should dress like since you feel too many protests are leveled against her for her fashion choices. I used Mary and Letizia et al as examples of what Kate could wear similar to what her contemporaries are wearing. I have yet to see Kate wear a pantsuit similar to Mary and Letizia that would broaden her fashion scope.

I simply pointed out choices that Kate can make. End of story, finis.

She hasn't worn pantsuits but she has worn dresses, coats that are similar in style that her contemporaries wear but it still the same criticism. I don't see how pantsuits of similar style would change that

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate and Letizia have one major thing in common and that is their emaciated frames. It is concerning that the Duchess of Cambridge is so closely associated with Children's causes and Sports charities and yet perpetuates a poor body image for young women. Like Diana, in about 5 years she will likely confess to an eating disorder. I suspect that it is not easy to be in the public eye and have all of your moves critiqued but I do worry for her health.

Last edited:
Kate and Letizia have one major thing in common and that is their emancipated frames. It is concerning that the Duchess of Cambridge is so closely associated with Children's causes and Sports charities and yet perpetuates a poor body image for young women. Like Diana, in about 5 years she will likely confess to an eating disorder. I suspect that it is not easy to be in the public eye and have all of your moves critiqued but I do worry for her health.

Just checking but did you mean "emaciated" instead of emancipated?

I never said that that Letizia and Mary were ancient or desperately holding onto their youth.
You said Kate shouldn't dress like a middle-age woman yet you gave two example of middle-age women for her to take note from (40-60 is middle-age).

I mention that people always criticize Kate saying that she's desperately trying to hold on to her youth and yet you take that and claim that I was criticizing Letizia and Mary for desperately holding on there youth

It's not so outlandish to suggest that a 31 year old woman take some fashion cues from 42 year old women ...especially since these women were not always in their 40's when they started princessing. In fact, they were Kate's age.

I used just two examples of royal women; I could have very easily chosen Princess Charlene or Victoria as well if we're talking more age category with ladies who wear pantsuits which is how this all started. I did mention "et al." Hilary Clinton is not a good example of whom Kate should emulate. Mary and Letizia may have a decade on Kate, but they dress modernly and she could certainly take a page from their current style book as well as elements of Charlene's or Victoria's. If people still criticize her anyway, that's just how it is. All the royal ladies get criticized for their fashion; Kate is no exception and there's room for improvement. After all, style wars are always a hot topic and they definitely heat up here.

Last edited:
I see Kate building up a working wardrobe and over time she will find her style or the right style to stick with. Or I could be wrong and she may experiment more with some fashion daring. But in the end she will find what suits her best we just have to give her time. She does need a good stylist. Especially one who strongly suggests she pull her hair back from her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom