The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Kate's hat is not the right size for her? It seems a little too big for her head:

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 167
From those angles, it does look a bit too oversized. Thanks for the views, Humera.

Perhaps Kate's hat is not the right size for her? It seems a little too big for her head:

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Yes, I think you are right. It seems to be a bit too big, and therefore doesn't seem to sit quite right on her head (and thank you for posting pictures of those good angles!). I would think just about anybody can carry off a pillbox, they just need to find the right fit.

Max's turban/pillbox is smaller in diameter but puffier than Kate's, and she's wearing her hair up which really gives an elegant, professional look. Kate might want to experiment similarly with her hairstyle when wearing a pillbox.

Last edited:
See, I prefer Kate's. I think Maxima's pillbox is seriously ugly.

Now , now, Givenchy vs. who ever made kate's hat, really unfair. Plus, the hats for Audrey Hepburn are really custom made, almost not pillbox, worn very close to the front almost like a turban. Jackie on the other hand didn't want to wear a hat on her bouffant hairdo and wore the Givenchy knock=offs way back on the head. Kate's is definately too big for her and her hair is wrong, but she is trying!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful examples of very elegant women wearing classic examples of the pillbox. Thanks for the links, Frelinghighness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom