The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 12: November 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's green it's St Paddy's day ... nothing special IMO

Nice plain elegant outfit, again. Nothing special though.

Too many greens

I agree, too many greens, makes the outfit look 'just thrown together'

I really like the green coat. Simply elegant and classic.

Catherine looks good, as prerty much always.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

I never liked the blue coat on her. I don't think the shape flatters her.

I don't care much for this coat, its very wearable but I find it a boring piece especially to a wedding.

Catherine's coat looks like it's a repeat, I'm sure I've seen it before but I can't remember which event she previously wore it to.

I like her coat. It's nice and simple. It would be nice if we could see the dress in full, but it looks good from what I can see. The hat reminds me a little of my winter hat I wore in primary school, but it goes with the rest of the outfit.

She's worn this coat before, but I don't like how it looks this time around.

Last edited:
its all been worn before

Coat: Missoni March 2012 St Davids Day appearance at Fortnum and Mason with HMQ and Camilla
Hat:Locke and Co - Engagement with DoE and HMQ for Jubilee and Irish Guards 17/3 2013
Dress - Whistles, Olypic Closing ceremony

Many thanks for the information, RoyalDaisy. :flowers: The coat seems to be a favourite of Catherine's.

Thanks, Daisy. I was just about to go searching for it.

:previous: thank you. Sorry not to post pix but in the middle of something and just dropping by ;)

More excited by the great picture of George, TBH

I liked Catherine's coat and accessories except for the hat. The coat, with it's almost light tweed effect looks as delightful as the first time we say it. Her hair was in what is fast becoming her default style of half ponytail with a twist and looked quite elegant allowing us to see her earrings.

But the hat is just plain dull, dark and boring and fades into her dark hair so much so that you can't even notice any shape other that of a muffin top. Any embellishments are not noticeable.

With the sheer number of hats she has in the blue tones, some of which are really quite lovely, I am amazed she chose such a bland offering. In fact I am surprised she even bought it in the first place.

The Duchess looks very nice, but being the old fashioned type of person I am, I think a nice corsage of flowers would have been lovely or a wedding-y sort of hat!

The Duchess looks very nice, but being the old fashioned type of person I am, I think a nice corsage of flowers would have been lovely or a wedding-y sort of hat!

I thought that only family wore corsages - Im v old fashioned and thats how I remember it.

And sadly wedding-y (love that word) hats are not fashionable for 30 somethings.

I don't care much for this coat, its very wearable but I find it a boring piece especially to a wedding.

Maybe that was the point. I think she looked good but it must be hard for the royal ladies to avoid outshining the bride at weddings. I appreciate that she may have been trying not to draw attention to herself.

What I find interesting is that the headline doesn't mention poor Harry. :sad:

I am a firm believer that no one can "outshine" the bride! Catherine proved her point when Pippa walked up the aisle behind her wearing a fabulous, knock-your-socks-off, white gown.

But I think trying to look drab and fade into the wallpaper is not the right approach. Weddings are celebrations and yes, Catherine does have more than one hat that we would call "wedding-y".

Just a point, by the time the Bride arrives, the royal party are happily ensconced inside the church and so, no competition. Also, these are their friends and they all know the score. Any society wedding is going to get some coverage and they all live with it.

I think a pretty frivolous hat with a floral decoration would have kicked that look up a couple of notches.

I think the whole look worked - she can do blue/black really well. Although its spring, its chilly right now so weather (and cold church) appropriate. She didnt upstage anyone.

And I think she has a lot going on right now. So great look; easily put together - good choice

It was rather a somber look for a wedding, though.
She has much nicer coats.

It was rather a somber look for a wedding, though.
She has much nicer coats.

what is sombre about a light blue coat? :ermm:

EDIT - it is so appropriate another woman wore the same thing

I'm not saying it wasn't appropriate, but it's not a coat I'm fond of, it just seems dull somehow.

But I do like the hat! :flowers:

:previous: Errm . . . did I read that right? Did the Duchess really purchase the coat from a second hand shop?

:previous: Errm . . . did I read that right? Did the Duchess really purchase the coat from a second hand shop?

You did indeed read that right, if the DailyMail is to be believed;

The cost-conscious Duchess sourced the blue coat from her favourite second-hand store Bicester Village.
The shop describes itself as 'the premiere venue for the fashion conscious bargain hunter' and stocks 'nearly new' designer clothes by Miu Miu, Issa and Gucci.

Do the DailyMail know who they're talking about?

When picking what to wear to a wedding, it is always worth checking with other guests ahead of time to make sure you don't end up wearing the same outfit.

Laughable! :lol:

what is sombre about a light blue coat? :ermm:

EDIT - it is so appropriate another woman wore the same thing

I don't think a light blue coat is somber at all. Of course, she wouldn't keep her coat on throughout the festivities. I haven't seen any photos of the dress. It looks like she was wearing a floral print, which is perfectly appropriate for a wedding.

I think she looks good and if she chose a "quieter" look for the walk to the ceremony, it is probably because she didn't want to call a lot of attention to herself. Good for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom