The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11
The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Old 07-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duchess of Cambridge leaving hospital with her newborn son today, July 23, wearing a lovely polka dot Jenny Packham dress in light blue - a nice choice:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Old 07-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Nobility

It hasn't passed unnoticed that the late Princess of Wales wore a polka dot dress dress when leaving the Lindo wing with the infant Prince William in 1982.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cambridge leaving hospital with her newborn son today, July 23, wearing a lovely polka dot Jenny Packham dress in light blue - a nice choice:

** FLovedull view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
Loved it. Great to see Kate again.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Nobility

I love that dress - great cut, color (coordinated with William!), and I always love polka dots. I was expecting her to wear something a bit more formal or structured or something, but it's a lovely summer dress (and very much something like I would wear).
Old 07-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Majesty

Catherine looks lovely. I love the dress. It suits her. It looks to be very light and comfortable, just what she needs at this point.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the dress! Great color and style. She looks radiant!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Commoner

The dress is lovely and looks comfortable! My favorite thing about Catherine's style (which is probably what other people don't like about it) is that she wears things I could see myself wearing.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Elizabeth View Post
The dress is lovely and looks comfortable! My favorite thing about Catherine's style (which is probably what other people don't like about it) is that she wears things I could see myself wearing.
I like that about her style as well; it's very approachable, and in some cases, affordable. I know that personally, I won't be able to afford a lot of what's in her wardrobe (nor would it look good on me), but I've found pieces that were very similar to what she wore in my price range (and it actually didn't look horrid on my either, which is always a plus).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
Catherine looks great! I really like her dress, the colour is very nice. I like her shoes as well.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Courtier

She's got the new mommy glow about her and that's what so lovely!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pretty family! Has anyone ID'd the baby onesie?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate looks fantastic! Congrats to her and William again!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Really liked her outfit. I thought she looked beautiful today.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Nobility

Nice choice of dress and color! I am so happy for them they make a beautiful family . . . GB

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 07-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackswife View Post
She's got the new mommy glow about her and that's what so lovely!
Exactly. I saw a couple of other posters remark on her baby tummy still being there but I think that is beautiful on new mothers! It's kind of disturbing somehow when I see women who have just gone through 9 most of pregnancy wearing tight jeans after giving birth.

That rounded belly is a badge of honor, imo. It should be worn proudly!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Exactly. I saw a couple of other posters remark on her baby tummy still being there but I think that is beautiful on new mothers! It's kind of disturbing somehow when I see women who have just gone through 9 most of pregnancy wearing tight jeans after giving birth.

That rounded belly is a badge of honor, imo. It should be worn proudly!
I think her baby tammy makes her to look human, like the rest of everywoman who gives birth, we know for sure she didn't have a tummy tack! , she will loose it with excersie for sure! but I thought it was great that she didn't try to cover! she looks gorgeous! love it!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:22 AM
Serene Highness

One rarely sees tight jeans just 24 hours after giving birth. The uterus still weighs about five pounds and is a big muscle at that point. Kate looks fabulous and indeed, should show the world what a new mom looks like. I loved the mod to Diana, with the polka dots. Kate is bringing things together for the family and it's so clear that they really adore each other.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The style of the dress is perfect for a women who has just given birth but it somehow reminds me of a hospital gown with polka dots and it also reminds me of Diana's dress while leaving hospital (the polka dots). I would've preferred it if it was a solid color instead.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Royal Highness

Kate looked very good-- a perfect choice for her to wear. Am I the only one that thinks it is in bad taste to be discussing her figure within 24 hours of her giving birth? ( I don't mean the posts here, but the ones elsewhere that refer to the size of her tummy.)

Tags
catherine middleton style, duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge style, duchess of cambridge's daytime fashion, fashion, kate middleton, kate middleton fashion, style