The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine at the Christening of her son Prince George, looks like McQueen.

We MIGHT get better pictures but it's a private event;
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/23/article-2472989-18EE23D700000578-474_964x592.jpg

Hat - http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/23/article-2472989-18EE09F500000578-125_470x423.jpg

GettyImages - http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...and-catherine-duchess-of-news-photo/185633688
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...and-catherine-duchess-of-news-photo/185633728

FULL LENGTH - http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...and-catherine-duchess-of-news-photo/185633710

Confirmed to be McQueen;
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
Kate's in an Alexander McQueen outfit and Jane Taylor hat for the christening.

Best picture of the hat so far;
http://24.media.tumblr.com/a27b69ec13121e6dc577b00090e83be4/tumblr_mv4mwtd1hy1rkqmwvo1_500.jpg

Hate the hat, I will always hate the head piece crap Catherine likes. The outfit is nice, suitable and okay. Suits her style but doesn't look special enough.

I would have loved a dress and a long coat in a beautiful burgundy and cream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the hat. I've never been a huge fan of the peplum. I just really don't think it does any favors for anyone's figure. I do think that Catherine can get away with it since she is so slim, but I would have liked to have seen a nice sheath dress and long jacket. She looks wonderful though, just me being picky. I do have to say that Prince William is just beaming! Love it!

I like the buttery creamy color-really sets off her complexion and hair. She does look incredibly happy with life!:flowers:

Picture perfect! The outfit matches the baptismal gown. :)

Divine from head to toe. Such proud and happy parents.:D

Kate looks lovely - I'm always thrilled when she wears McQueen! I like how it complements the christening gown.

Catherine looked lovely in that white/cream suit. The style and fit suited her figure really well. The hat was a lovely choice and it didn't overwhelm the outfit.

Lovely choice, lovely fit. Terrific swish of skirt at rear view.

My only comment would be that when she is carrying the baby the dress offers no contrast against the cream of the baby's gown so it doesn't look so good on the photos, other than that I like the tailoring

The Duchess is in crying need of a brooch, or clip sparkling at her throat...

The Duchess is in crying need of a brooch, or clip sparkling at her throat...
I think there may be a very practical reason for not going with a brooch or necklace - it might be very tempting for little fingers (which were very active in the video clips ) or it could snag the precious christening robe.

I think there may be a very practical reason for not going with a brooch or necklace - it might be very tempting for little fingers (which were very active in the video clips ) or it could snag the precious christening robe.

I was thinking the same thing.

Hate the hat, I will always hate the head piece crap Catherine likes. The outfit is nice, suitable and okay. Suits her style but doesn't look special enough.

I would have loved a dress and a long coat in a beautiful burgundy and cream.

I'm not a fan of her head gear either:0 But I love her dress today. Love the fit, love the peplum style, love the color. She looks so happy! A wonderful time in their lives.

I love the outfit..the flair skirt gave it some movement against the jacket. But at least it was modest and not something with low neckline like what Diana was wearing for William's Christening or what Denmark's CPcess Mary was wearing during Prince Christian and Princess Isabella's christening.

Last edited:
She looks wonderful IMO! The hat is classic, and the clothes are chic.

The color and the hat are beautiful but I don't like the style. I just dislike the peplum. Kind of disappointed but maybe it will grow on me.

Princess Mary of Denmark wore a large saphirre brooch given to her on the occasion of her first born's christening. The child wasn't interested in the jewelry, as I recall from the video;)

Beautiful dress, beautiful hat, lovely hairstyle....perfection. I feel like she got the length of the skirt just right for once (usually her skirts are just a bit too short). I really love the cream colour and she looks good in it, but I think a darker shade would have worked better for photos.

Still, she looks glowing and gorgeous and elegant. :flowers:

I loved the dress but not a big fan of the hat. The dress was perfect and I liked that she stated with a designer she knows makes her look good.

Kate obviously loves this style hat as she wears them frequently but I always think they look like they are falling off.

I love the outfit..the flair skirt gave it some movement against the jacket. But at least it was modest and not something with low neckline like what Diana was wearing for William's Christening or what Denmark's CPcess Mary was wearing during Prince Christian and Princess Isabella's christening.

Ive looked at pictures from the previous christenings you mention and I haven't a clue what you mean. It all looks absolutely fine and not immodest.

well, we just cant expect anything but perfection from kate. she looks flawless.

and little george has really grown up so much! i hope we get to see him more and more to not miss out!

I'm not so keen on the hat and at first I wasn't so sure about the frills on her coat, but now I think they're OK. In general, Catherine looks lovely.

The Duchess looks absolutely lovely - a typical Catherine outfit and silhouette for a special event with her trademark style hat. The design is very clever and the ruffle on the jacket reflects the design of the christening gown too !

Really not my fave. Sorry! I do like the color and the style of the outfit, the hair is just awful to me as is the hat.

I think the outfit is very elegant. I wasn't keen on the ruffle in the front, but it grew on me. Catherine looks so very happy.

She looked beautiful! Very elegant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom