The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much like the outfit that Catherine wore today - nice and casual and a great fit! However, being an old fashioned stick-in-the-mud, I would have preferred Catherine to have changed into sports wear to play volley ball! Imagine the Queen turning up to an event in a nice dress with matching coat and hat, then suddenly launching herself into aggressive physical exercise with a ball! It's the sort of thing one might expect from British prime-ministers or London mayors lol!

I think she should have worn some kind of body-suit under the jacket. That way she wouldn't have exposed her mid-riff.:flowers:

I very much like the outfit that Catherine wore today - nice and casual and a great fit! However, being an old fashioned stick-in-the-mud, I would have preferred Catherine to have changed into sports wear to play volley ball!

I think she should have worn some kind of body-suit under the jacket. That way she wouldn't have exposed her mid-riff.:flowers:

Oh who cares. That's what humans look like playing sports. No big deal at all.

You are spot on, Hermione. There are more important things to worry about. :)

Something different, at any rate. This was a startlingly revealing outfit, in the circumstances, for a woman of her position, in public.

Oh who cares. That's what humans look like playing sports. No big deal at all.

I agree.

Well, I doubt many humans play sports while wearing wedges, but that's not the point. Catherine has shown many times that she's a woman who is comfortable in her body, and I think if she had really been bothered by the idea of accidentally flashing a bit of skin she would have worn a different outfit or a longer top or what have you. It is no longer the 19-whatevers, and I would hope that we've evolved as a species enough to no longer be scandalized by a flash of midriff.

Something different, at any rate. This was a startlingly revealing outfit, in the circumstances, for a woman of her position, in public.

What's so startlingly revealing about her outfit?

As for her stomach being exposed, how come male royals aren't held to the same standard? I've seen William and Harry's stomach during sporting activities and I don't recall anyone batting an eye.

One of the reporters noted that her participation in the volleyball game (which only lasted about 90 seconds), wasn't planned - it was an impromptu thing. She was there to just meet and talk to the kids involved, so I can see why she didn't wear a body-suit, trainers, different jeans, etc. She even remarked that the next time she comes, she'd be sure to bring her trainers.

Last edited:

No is wasnt a bit of waist line is nothing compared to the cleavage on display by some of the most senior royals of Europe. This is a nonsense statement IMO. y

No is wasnt a bit of waist line is nothing compared to the cleavage on display by some of the most senior royals of Europe. This is a nonsense statement IMO. y

Thank you!! The way some are going on about this, you'd think one of those ding a ling Kardashians had yet again had another "accidental" Fashion Malfunction. Or that Charlene had worn another questionable ensemble while on duty as Princess Consort of Monaco.

We saw a quick flash of Kate's tummy while playing an unplanned game of Volleyball. Nothing more. No big deal.

And I bet it was really fun for the kids that she jumped in and played with them for a bit and really got involved. We like our royals warm and spontaneous- so why criticize when they act that way?

I agree - people are acting ridiculous

I think she looked smashing! The wedgies have got to go, but otherwise, an A! :flowers:

This is just getting ridiculous, you saw a flash of her belly for cryin out loud! You didn't see her butt or breast. I wouldnt be surprised if the people complaining about her stomach also have a problem with her ankle showing. Oh it's so risqué.
Apart from the ridiculous bruha about her stomach, I think the outfit is nice but nothing much. She was clearly going for casual but not too casual.

I hate the skinny jeans, I hate the wedges with them. It's such a cheap look. But Kate herself looks lovely and happy, and her hair is gorgeous. I just wish she would slightly looser pants and lower heels.

What saddens me about all this fuss in the media about Kate's apparent inappropriate outfit ( see the various pics of her exposed flesh) is that she may begin to have second thoughts about joining in with activities or to wear something that makes it impractical to do so if this is the only way such events are reported. The most important aspect of the visit is that she was what she brought to the visit in terms of spontaneity and warmth.

I don't find anything scandalous about this casual outfit. She looked cool, IMO.

It was a sporting charity and scheme she was attending and thus her casual outfit was appropriate. The only thing that was out of place was her wedges - she should have worn flat shoes as im sure she was aware that joining in some activities might happen. Personally I would have preferred to see her hair caught back - since the birth it hasn't quite looked right. Other than a smart causal choice for a young royal

It was a sporting charity and scheme she was attending and thus her casual outfit was appropriate. The only thing that was out of place was her wedges - she should have worn flat shoes as im sure she was aware that joining in some activities might happen. Personally I would have preferred to see her hair caught back - since the birth it hasn't quite looked right. Other than a smart causal choice for a young royal

I think it's a case of it looks different to some observers. For post- pregnancy women it can take a while for things to return to how things were before. Sometimes they never do. I have friends who's hair became thinner, duller, even fell out! Just because her body seems to be back to how it was, doesn't mean everything is.

I think it's a case of it looks different to some observers. For post- pregnancy women it can take a while for things to return to how things were before. Sometimes they never do. I have friends who's hair became thinner, duller, even fell out! Just because her body seems to be back to how it was, doesn't mean everything is.
I remember that Sarah Duchess of York had so much trouble with her hair after Princess Eugenie was born she cut more than a foot off of it at the suggestion of her hairdresser. (She reportedly later regretted it.) Most people don't realize that your hair enters a "resting" period when you're pregnant and fewer hairs are shed. After the baby is born, most of the hairs that were supposed to fall out over the several months of the pregnancy start to fall out all at once. It's perfectly natural but can take many women by surprise.:ohmy:

I can hear the sound of knives being sharpened for tomorrow. :lol:

Can you expound on what you think looks so terrible? I don't get this at all.

I would like to know that as well.

I have noticed a weird tendency in this Forum: if any royal woman has hair longer than the shoulder length, there will be majority voices saying "she needs a cut", "her hair is awful", "her hair is way too long", etc..

What is so wrong with long hair?

I, personally, hope Kate will not cut her hair any shorter as she looks amazing with her long hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom