The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was the perfect choice, chosen to complement George's Christening robe.
They'll make a lovely picture.

I think everyone will, since most of the participants were wearing blue or cream.

Beautiful dress, beautiful hat, lovely hairstyle....perfection. I feel like she got the length of the skirt just right for once (usually her skirts are just a bit too short). I really love the cream colour and she looks good in it, but I think a darker shade would have worked better for photos.

Still, she looks glowing and gorgeous and elegant. :flowers:
Kate looked great but I have never liked the frou frou and at anybody's neck however Kate will be the exception.
I agree on the length which should come down now and has. Fabulous!

I think Kate looked very pretty and elegant. I love the hat and the skirt and I think it's a nice touch that it matches what the baby is wearing. Especially love how she wore her hair.

What I do like most is the matching colours on both mother and son outfits....and Kate look wonderful!

Really good outfit for Kate, first one for a long time that I like on her.

Not really a fan of ruffles and peplums, but she was glowing and the color was pretty. I'm not crazy about her hat, but it is her style. A very happy occasion!

Catherine is quite slim and not "hippy" therefore she wears the peplum style quite well. I thought she looked lovely. I am looking forward to see the pictures.

IMO Kate looked wonderful at her son's christening, a very Kate look. I like the jacket and skirt, the colour, her hat and her hairstyle (not everything is hanging in front, yay)
Just not a fan of her shoes, but I can't remember if I ever saw her in shoes that I like (don't like platforms).

Last edited:
The McQueen was pure perfection and the hat was OK. Overall she looked very good, despite those LK Bennett pumps I hate...

I loved what Kate wore to the christening. The colour suited her well, and the style of the dress looked great on her. She surely has the body to wear peplum.
Her appearance was elegant, with style and class.

Also loved the hat, those small hats look great on Kate and suit her well.

The McQueen was pure perfection and the hat was OK. Overall she looked very good, despite those LK Bennett pumps I hate...

Why do you hate them?

They seem understated and appropriate; not as pricey as ,say, Jimmy Choo...

I dislike them as well, they just look bad. We have an LK Bennett where I work and they have much better shoes than these.

Why do you hate them?

I dislike them as well, they just look bad. We have an LK Bennett where I work and they have much better shoes than these.

I agree, those pumps are perfectly acceptable. They match well, are broadly on-trend, so I see absolutely no reason for Catherine to not continue to reuse them till either they start to look less than pristine, or until trends change materially.

Why do you hate them?

Let's clarify I don't think they are inappropriate. I just don't like them, for a variety of reasons: the platform - while it probably makes them more confortable, it also makes them less elegant, IMO, more casual-looking, I would have chosen different nude pumps for a christening and for most of the events she attends; the shade of nude - a nude pump to look good (and to have the nude effect) needs to be as close as possible to your skin colour (like choosing a foundation for your make up), that's why there are many different nude pumps from the same brand. This particular shade of nude is too "white" for Kate, specially when she is a bit more tanned, and thus, don't blend in with her feet (ie, don't have a nude effect), they stand out, and that doesn't look good.
Of course, my "hate" (please, do NOT take the hate word too serious) is intensified by the fact that she wears them everywhere, even when they don't go with her outfit (I don't follow the trend that nude pumps go well with everything).

This said, I think she could have chosen far better shoes, far better nude pumps, even from L.K. Bennett

Sits back in complete disbelief!

I really like the silhouette of the dress and I love that pastel color, glad she didn't go with blue.

I like the shoes, they are very pretty, elegant and very useful to match with other clothes.

Are those the LK Bennett pumps or the Prada pumps? Either way I love them! Nothing wrong with a comfy pair of shoes esp for a woman who just had a baby.

Are those the LK Bennett pumps or the Prada pumps? Either way I love them! Nothing wrong with a comfy pair of shoes esp for a woman who just had a baby.

They were identified by whatkatewore.com as the Park Avenue style by Russell and Bromley.

Nit picking over shoes, the ones we know she will wear. Reminds me of the comment made a while ago "wrong shade of white".

I was asked why I didn't like them, and I answered. Just that.

It's a very nice and casual look. Great for shopping!

She appears to be wearing the same pair of earrings she wore to George's christening. How she must love them.

Love the casual outfit!

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, looked lovely.The ensemble is appropriate.

It is indeed both appropriate and lovely. I love the blouse and the necklace. So pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom