The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Definitely seems like an empty title. Essentially thry are just calling her the best dressed because she is Kate, because she is the most popular.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the feverish accolades are definitely flowing in; I wonder what Kate is wearing right now?

Old 08-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Royal Highness

Something very comfortable I hope.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Something very comfortable I hope.
and also something very washable.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

These lists have more to do with star power and selling the magazine than anything else. Just a waste of ink.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, the feverish accolades are definitely flowing in; I wonder what Kate is wearing right now?
More than likely, she's making a fashion statement in hip, ratty t-shirt, and nice, comfy pj pants, topped off with a pair of fuzzy slippers . Can you imagine if she was actually spotted in something like that? There would be a huge army of people who would simply have a coronary .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I think this award is good. It says yes to the sort of maternity wear that is comfortable, loose but not baggy. Stylish but not lycra or leggings.

Good news.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Definitely seems like an empty title. Essentially they are just calling her the best dressed because she is Kate, because she is the most popular.
yes, it does seem circular. She sells magazines and is pretty. Best-dressed? Within her class of one or two, yes.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post

More than likely, she's making a fashion statement in hip, ratty t-shirt, and nice, comfy pj pants, topped off with a pair of fuzzy slippers . Can you imagine if she was actually spotted in something like that? There would be a huge army of people who would simply have a coronary .
Or the magazines would continue their blind praise and say how fashion forward her sweats are.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What a great idea; maybe I'll send Kate my ratty housedress and see it make a fashion statement!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

This type of "award" for Kate is what turns her more into a celebrity. I know she didn't ask for it, but it's something she'll have to put up with.

If I were Kate, I'd be seen wearing BofB's ratty housedress, just because. (Although I doubt it's terribly ratty). I got rid of my very ratty things some time ago, but I do have some very odd things Kate could try wearing and see if she pulls them off.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^What a great experiment; let's just pack up our stuff and entice Kate to wear them and see if she'll win more accolades. I hope to see her modeling my pink polka-dot housedress sometime soon. I don't mind if Georgie spits up on it, either.

Seriously, it's really a case of "the golden touch." Everything she wears is so much in demand and admired that even if it's the mundane, it's just so fashion forward.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
^^^What a great experiment; let's just pack up our stuff and entice Kate to wear them and see if she'll win more accolades. I hope to see her modeling my pink polka-dot housedress sometime soon. I don't mind if Georgie spits up on it, either.

Seriously, it's really a case of "the golden touch." Everything she wears is so much in demand and admired that even if it's the mundane, it's just so fashion forward.
I'll send her my odds and ends. She'll be getting two awards at once when she comes out in those stunning numbers.

No need to thank me, Kate.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Serene Highness

It's awful to say that I wish she'd go out more; I remember being determined to appear outside my house at least once a day, starting one week after the birth of my first child, for fear I'd get out of the habit (as so many do).

I was enjoying seeing her go shopping or make a public appearance and while I'd to see Kate resume public appearances (wearing anyone's housedress or not), I surely would like to see her go shopping for something. Grocery shopping. Anything. As long as we get a quick snapshot of her.

She is so radiant when she smiles, it cheers me up immensely.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate was hardly photographed before the baby. She kept her nose down in Anglessey; she's doing the same thing now just in Buckleberry. She can't go out much especially if she doesn't want to be photographed. I suspect if Georgr is going for walks its with some anonymous person who no one will look twice at while caring a baby.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Courtier

The dress in these pictures today at her parents is from Seraphine.... fast id and update on the website
Maternity Clothes - Stylish clothing for pregnancy | Seraphine
Old 08-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Majesty

I really like the color of the dress. It suits Catherine quite nicely. From what I can see, the top fits her well too. Nice choice.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I really like the color of the dress. It suits Catherine quite nicely. From what I can see, the top fits her well too. Nice choice.
Agreed. I thought it was lovely.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Great color and Catherine looks wonderful. So how fast did this dress sell out now?
Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The purple dress is very beautiful. Great color and style. Perfect choice. Catherine looked very beautiful.

Tags
catherine middleton style, duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge style, duchess of cambridge's daytime fashion, fashion, kate middleton, kate middleton fashion, style