The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply don't understand why people seem to think that one hair out of place is "untidy" or "unkempt." One can't have one's hair lacquered into place anymore for everyday wear-this isn't the 1960s anymore. ?

I simply don't understand why people seem to think that one hair out of place is "untidy" or "unkempt." One can't have one's hair lacquered into place anymore for everyday wear-this isn't the 1960s anymore. ?

I agree. I didn't like the centre parting, didn't work for her face. That said, the hair was not "untidy" or "unkept". I would say "flat" and "needs colour" better describe it.

I doubt she will do anything drastic with the hair in terms of its length anytime soon. Trim it maybe but don't see her with short hair just yet.

Well she has long hair. she parts it in the middle which is always going to lengthen her face and, if her hair is not professionally dressed it, is going to look relatively flat, two humongous sausage roll curls over her shoulder being the most she can managae as the sheer length pulls her hair straight.

She's happy with it so who are we to shake our heads. It will do no good. However, wearing a red coat with three red poppies wasn't the sharpest idea she's had and the long hair obscuring the poppies is, of course, a given. :ermm:

I'm really glad she chose to NOT wear it with the belt and the polka dotty tights. ;)

I like this coat a lot - it's very structured, with an edge. Thanks for the ID

I like the fit-and-flare shape of the coat, although we can't see it as Kate is on the balcony and only pictured from the waist up. I'm not really a fan of the quilted detail.

And I do wish she would pull her hair back, but that's beating a dead horse at this point. It's not a big deal, but I do think it would look nicer. (and I actually love her hair worn down, just not at every event)

I really like the coat and agree on the flogging a dead horse thing QC ...

I really like Catherine's coat and the fit, it also matched the hat really well. Im not a fan of the curls on the sides as I think her hair is a bit too long. Moreover, with such a lovely coat with a pattern which is tone on tone and a high collar, she should've worn her hair back or up as I find it too much going on.

I like the fit-and-flare shape of the coat, although we can't see it as Kate is on the balcony and only pictured from the waist up. I'm not really a fan of the quilted detail.

I'm on the fence about the quilting, but apart from that, I like her coat. Her hat is nice too and I don't mind her hair style, although I preferred how it was before. I love her crystal poppy brooch and wouldn't mind getting one myself.

I like her coat, the quilting adds interest without being fussy. I like the hat. I don't like the ringlets but the beret placement is good.

Last edited:
Beautiful coat, nice hairstyle. Nothing to complain about. Definitely a like from me. :)

She looked amazing today. This coat has been on my wish list ever since I saw it and it's nice to see it on her.

The outfit is sophisticated and looks great as a structured piece. I LOVE the hat, best one I've seen her wear in a Remembrance Service. The hair looks childish and the pictures of her playing with it are just annoying.

Her clothes are great today, but she looks exhausted. Wonder if the little prince has been keeping her up nights

I like the coat and also the hat. I totally agree with Lumut re her hair! it Is annoying and so ridiculous...

And I do wish she would pull her hair back, but that's beating a dead horse at this point. It's not a big deal, but I do think it would look nicer. (and I actually love her hair worn down, just not at every event)

Agree on all points. The fit of the coat is perfect.

And as beautiful as her hair is, if there was any time it should have been pulled back and contained it was at this event. The Daily Fail has taken one photo of the Duchess twirling her loose curls, and made it appear as if she spent the entire event playing with her hair.:bang:

Ridiculous, but it could have easily been avoided just like her skirts blowing up. She and her attendants should know by now that when it's windy outside more "maintenance" is required.:ermm:

I like the fit but I don't like the coat. Love the hat though.

She is just blah. Such a pretty girl but she needs a full makeover IMO.

My understanding is that some mother's decide not to dye their hair when breast feeding because of the potential risk of chemicals entering their bloodstream - albeit this is a low risk.

Kudos then to Catherine for putting baby first. It seems to me that she has her priorities right.

Good job she doesn't read blogs and messages from so called "fans".

This is true . And thanks for mentioning it ...
Also WHY do we let ourselves be sucked in by the media ... Especially the daily mail , who hates women . Why do we always have to be colouring our hair and being thin etc etc etc .... Lets be ourselves !!!!!!!!

She is just blah. Such a pretty girl but she needs a full makeover IMO.

Possibly we all need a makeover but we would rather get on and enjoy ourselves .

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not see why is all fuss about. She just tried another hairdo and we do not like it.
She was styled, groomed, with makeup and all the details in order. Her hair were DONE, we might dislike them, but they werd freashly done. Believe me these curls are not made 2 days ago, they were done just before she stepped out!
As for colouring her hair, she decided not to do it these days, but not for time reasons. It takes 5 minutes to apply a colour foam, and 25 minutes to wait for the effect, and in the meantime she can take care of baby George!

Is there video of Kate twirling her curls? I've seen twirling mentioned a couple of times, but all I see is someone brushing her hair back. Maybe I missed something....?

I like the outfit she wore today. It's appropriate for the occasion. The only thing I didn't like was the quilting on the front of the coat. Everything else was fine.

A couple of off-topic posts have been removed - please remember that this is a fashion thread! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom