The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A brave show, but I'd like to see her "bloom" and "sparkle" back...

Catherine looks lovely, I really like the colour of her coat. Her hairstyle is alright, but it does look slightly untidy in some photos. I like her tights and shoes as well.

Welcome to the forums HighnessN! :wave:

The outfit is ok but the hair looks messy and untidy. Its not an excuse that Kate is a new mom, she has all opportunities to have a hairdresser come to her house etc. I know lots of working mothers who dont have such help at hand who cannot afford to come into work looking like this.

Catherine should just stay away from center parting her hair because it's not flattering on her face shape. Also, given that this appearance was apparently impromptu I think she looks okay. Not great because I think she could have dont a quick bun. Still, I think she look more tired than terrible.

Didn't like the Duchess' hair today but I will give her a pass. Everyone is entitled to a "bad hair day" once in a while, especially if they are a new mother.

My understanding is that some mother's decide not to dye their hair when breast feeding because of the potential risk of chemicals entering their bloodstream - albeit this is a low risk.

Kudos then to Catherine for putting baby first. It seems to me that she has her priorities right.

Good job she doesn't read blogs and messages from so called "fans".

Well, that lady who told an audience that we have all turned Kate into a mannequin, and was pilloried by people without basic comprehension skills was certainly correct.

I think she looks pretty today! I even like her hair. Her coat, tights, and shoes are very nice. But the dress underneath looks so short! I guess I shouldn't complain, since it was covered by the coat, but it looked a little weird to wear such a long coat over such a short dress. Anyway, I approve of the overall look.

. Catherine in her red LK Bennett coat in London today, November 7: ** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Is it me but does the top of her head look really weird? The coat is nice, the red is wonderful but it's safe and plain like usual.

Read that it's a unscheduled visit and they only stayed around 10 mins to chat with the volunteers. Maybe she felt it's not necessary to spend the time going to the salon to get her hair done.

Not an unscheduled visit, it's been known about for a few weeks.

Well, that lady who told an audience that we have all turned Kate into a mannequin, and was pilloried by people without basic comprehension skills was certainly correct.

Amen. 3 of the Uk papers have Catherine's "grey hair" on their front page. Our press is embarrassing. Security leaks, lost jobs, the reason for the poppies, escaped terrorists, economic recovery etc. not there.

She looks a little bit thrown-together, like most mothers of three-month-old babies look.

I think this is the first time she hadn't worn any earrings to an engagement which may also suggest she is less preoccupied with her public appearance. Because she has set the bar high , it's not surprising that anything less than perfect will be picked up, but I do hope this isn't the start of some kind of back lash, particularly in the media ( the Mail is already at it ). With regard to her hair, regardless whether she styles it herself or has a hairdresser come her home, it must take ages to colour/ blow dry . Common sense to lose a good few inches and generate more time for other things.

I think the biggest problem is the center part in the hair. Not a good look unless you just let the hair have body, but it looks like it was flat ironed at the root and just left way too flat.

I see no problem with the makeup.

The outfit is ok but the hair looks messy and untidy. Its not an excuse that Kate is a new mom, she has all opportunities to have a hairdresser come to her house etc. I know lots of working mothers who dont have such help at hand who cannot afford to come into work looking like this.

I disagree that the hair looks untidy-she clearly has a barrel-roll curl throughout, so it was styled. They tried the center part-it didn't work.

Hear, hear!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the first time she hadn't worn any earrings to an engagement which may also suggest she is less preoccupied with her public appearance. Because she has set the bar high , it's not surprising that anything less than perfect will be picked up, but I do hope this isn't the start of some kind of back lash, particularly in the media ( the Mail is already at it ). With regard to her hair, regardless whether she styles it herself or has a hairdresser come her home, it must take ages to colour/ blow dry . Common sense to lose a good few inches and generate more time for other things.

It is bullying of the worst kind, and bloggers and online posters are just as bad. The "anything less than perfect is not tolerable" brigade are a disgrace IMO.

We actually know nothing about how it is for her at the moment as a new mother, apart from the fact that George is "lively". Taking that as British understatement, I think he is probably v difficult indeed. Being wealthy and royal does not exclude her from all of the difficulties of the post-natal process.

I understand the colors that she wore today (red coat, black tights/shoes) are, in true Royal Family tradition of dressing to correlate with the event, representative of the colors of the poppies.

since this was an unscheduled visit, maybe she was up early with George and going about business with her hair in a pony tail when William asked her if she wanted to joing him on the short visit. She ran to brush out her hair and toss on some clothes and there you go, her lack of polish for her apperance for today's visit!

since this was an unscheduled visit, maybe she was up early with George and going about business with her hair in a pony tail when William asked her if she wanted to joing him on the short visit. She ran to brush out her hair and toss on some clothes and there you go, her lack of polish for her apperance for today's visit!

it wasn't unscheduled.

Since when? We've known about this event for at least a couple of weeks now. The only part we didn't know about was the trip to the Tube Station.

Kate does look tired, but other than trying out a hair style that didn't work, everything else is fine. Good to see her out and about again.

Have always liked this red coat - Kate looks good in bright colours.

However, since the birth (as to be expected) her hair has lost its bounce and gloss. It also have got too long and is overwhelming Kate. Not a fan of the blonde highlights through it. Much prefer Kate with her more natural darker hair.

I do like this outfit, which is very appropriate for the occassion and it being Autumn too. For the first time, I am a little taken aback by HRH's hair today, which is normally beautifully styled and (obviously from these pictures) coloured in an appropriate regal shade. I do not believe for one moment that she has no time for it to be done in the usual manner - that is one of the reasons one has a nanny for one's baby!

Sorry if someone else has replied. It's her center part, her hair is going grey and the blowout is not the best. (see the article in the DM for more on the hair bit).
I believe Kate has colored her hair for years. Coloring hair often makes it appear fuller - you are depositing color into the hair shaft and that can plump it.
It seems the Duchess is not currently coloring her hair. She has grey roots and flat head. Some people believe that the dye can be carried into mum's breast milk. In that case - I give her gold stars for being so conscious of her baby's health.
I really do suggest we quite carping about it, because the Duchess will make her own decisions about baby - as we have seen. As long as she is erring on the side of taking care with George, I'm fine with her looking like one of Macbeth's witches - because who am I to say?
The tabloids have sent years describing her $200 blowouts. Now, she's a beautiful, if more natural woman and seems to be a very attentive mum. Even if her roots are showing and she has flathead, I vote for the good mum Kate.

I disagree. I want the Duchess of Cambridge to look like Kate-married-to-Wills.
I NEVER want her to have hair sprayed into place, all neat and tidy. That works for other members of the RF, but will not do for people of this generation.
She spent the end of her pregnancy floating in her parents pool and the sun bleached her hair. Sorry that's untidy, but get over it. She is not coloring her hair for whatever reason (probably a sound reason, because the woman is so solid and normal that I can't think of many people that are as solid and normal as she is). Get over that.
It's her hair, not ours. Get over it.

Love the outfit. Cannot say I am crazy about the hair, but she is a new mum, and she has a heart of gold, so who cares about hair?

And you voiced my thoughts! The whole superficial approach to Catherine from some corners is making me a bit annoyed. No one is perfect, so get over it. More than likely, she spent as much time with her son as she could before leaving/getting ready, so there's no need to go all up in arms about her hair. It looks clean, and brushed, so in my book, she's fine.

Lovely coat and a lovely colour but I find it a bit too long for her, shoulve been at least 2 inches shorter. The hair style was all wrong and didn't suit her IMO, the middle parting doesn't work on her (doesn't suit everyone).

The color of the coat is lovely but the coat is very long, maybe she should have worn them with her boots. And why didn't she have a clutch with her? Her hair and her make up don't look good at all.

I don't see where her hair looks messy or untidy. She looks fine to me smiling and happy . She is a woman royal or not and will try things maybe the part doesn't work but she is trying.

Her hair looked like this at the previous evening engagement too. I commented on it asking maybe she's lost a lot of hair after giving birth and/or lost the curl? My grandmother lost her curly hair after giving birth.
She is not like other new mothers, she can have a hairdresser visit. A nice, easier cut would help her if she wants to do it herself.

The red coat is fine the hair is a mess as usual IMO...

I don't think she looks exhausted at all. She just needs a hair cut. She looks great in red. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom