The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opaque black hose have been the height of chic here in NYC for several years. I like them, especially on someone as long-legged as Catherine. My problem with her outfit is that the skirt was much too short and the skirt was not as flattering on her frame.

Last edited:
Duke of Marmalade said:

She never attended the service for Williams nanny, she went straight from Newcastle to London and then out for the evening. That's why there was such a big hoohaa about her doing her first solo engagement so well.

If Kate is 'plain' then there's not much hope for the rest of us.

I think describing anyone as plain is cruel and at the very least rather rude and undignified. I'm quite sure the wrong word has been used in reference to the Duchess of Cambridge and I am even more certain that every woman has her own charms and beauty of which she should be proud. However I'd be quite happy to describe Williams shirts and ties as plain.....

I think describing anyone as plain is cruel and at the very least rather rude and undignified. I'm quite sure the wrong word has been used in reference to the Duchess of Cambridge and I am even more certain that every woman has her own charms and beauty of which she should be proud. However I'd be quite happy to describe Williams shirts and ties as plain.....

Thanks - you mean Willaim's 5 ties and two color choices for dress shirts, don't you? :lol::lol:

She really is a plain girl. Even high fashion designer clothes doesn't help...she always looks bland.

HRH has a timeless quality to her. A young modern well educated princess, that also respects the traditions of the family and institution she belongs to and represents. IMO HRH has the most beautiful smile in the world :) Catherine is many things but 'plain' she most certainly isn't.

If Catherine is "plain" then an awful lot of women should probably put a paper bag over their heads before they leave the house each day so they don't scare the children and dogs.

Have to agree with that one. Catherine is hardly plain in my opinion. She is quite a lovely young woman with grace and elegance. She is definitely not unfortunate looking.

I congratulate the Duchess on having avoided the celebrity/runway look. She is making a point of not being a fashionista. She looks lovely and happy.

She really is a plain girl. Even high fashion designer clothes doesn't help...she always looks bland.
I am wondering if what you are really saying is not that she is ugly but rather that Catherine is not a noted beauty a la Princess Grace, or fabulously photogenic like Princess Diana, both of whom would have looked fabulous in a sack, but is rather an attractive woman who is striving to establish her personal style, with somewhat mixed results . . . to date.

I congratulate the Duchess on having avoided the celebrity/runway look. She is making a point of not being a fashionista. She looks lovely and happy.
Unfortunately this is absolutely not the case! Whatever Catherine's personal beliefs nothing is going to alter the fact that If Catherine wears it, It is in style and whether it is High Street or Haute Couture, if she wears it, they will rerun and re-release it. In that respect she is the ultimate fashionista! Love or loathe her personal style, she is starting to set what is in fashion!

Last edited:
I am wondering if what you are really saying is not that she is ugly but rather that Catherine is not a noted beauty a la Princess Grace, or fabulously photogenic like Princess Diana,!

Hahaha! If I was to ask my friends who is the the most beautiful of the three, Catherine would win hands down. Maybe its a generational thing , I don't know but in my peer group of 20 somethings, Di Spencer and Grace Kelly wouldn't make the top top five. CP Mary even rates higher than Spencer and Kelly.

I think "plain" meant no charisma or "it" what of often defines people who get the coverage the dutchess gets.
She's an ordinary girl who married Prince William, thats all.

I think "plain" meant no charisma or "it" what of often defines people who get the coverage the dutchess gets.
She's an ordinary girl who married Prince William, thats all.

A beautiful and intelligent girl who married a Prince

Duke-of-Earl said:
A beautiful and intelligent girl who married a Prince

Opinions differ, I agree with DOM I see nothing interesting about Catherine.

As this is a fashion thread I think it's okay for folks to express a view that they find her style unremarkable, but I hope we're not going to get into trading comments about her personality now.

As this is a fashion thread I think it's okay for folks to express a view that they find her style unremarkable, but I hope we're not going to get into trading comments about her personality now.

I agree with Elly, letsrestrict this conversation to the fashion and style of the Duchess of Cambridge.

Unfortunately this is absolutely not the case! Whatever Catherine's personal beliefs nothing is going to alter the fact that If Catherine wears it, It is in style and whether it is High Street or Haute Couture, if she wears it, they will rerun and re-release it. In that respect she is the ultimate fashionista! Love or loathe her personal style, she is starting to set what is in fashion!

Perhaps the point being made is that whilst Catherine may not be a slave to fashion herself, anything she wears will be seen to be fashionable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elegant and timeless style. True to herself and not beholden to the fashion houses. For me , Catherine is the most stylish and real princess in Europe.

Elegant and timeless style. True to herself and not beholden to the fashion houses. For me , Catherine is the most stylish and real princess in Europe.

:previous: Just one man's opinion ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Further off topic posts will be deleted.

I think Diana's looks were overrated, she definitely was not beautiful as she hit her 30's. Grace Kelly has always and will always be one of the most beautiful women in the world. The only British royal who could compete with her was Margaret.
Kate is definitely not plain, if anything I would call her sister plain. What I think Kate is is a woman who doesn't need nor want to draw attention to herself.

I think Diana's looks were overrated, she definitely was not beautiful as she hit her 30's. Grace Kelly has always and will always be one of the most beautiful women in the world. The only British royal who could compete with her was Margaret.

I don't think Margaret was anything other than average.
She was fairly attractive when she was young but nothing outstanding. (The Hanover features are not symmetrical). If she hadn't been a princess no one would have looked at her twice, imo. (And a large part of the admiration came simply because she was slightly better-looking than her sister).

Diana was not classically beautiful (her features were over-large), but she did photograph like a dream.

Grace was in a different category, beautiful enough for even Hollywood standards. But she was the exception, not the rule.

I think Kate is beautiful, but again, in a typical everywoman sort of way.

Kate is a beautiful but you can't put her in the same category as Grace. Grace was in a league of her own.

4Pam said:
Kate is a beautiful but you can't put her in the same category as Grace. Grace was in a league of her own.

We also can't ignore that over time Grace has become an icon, a designation that can only be won over time.

Anyway, can we get back to Catherine's style? There's no point in comparing her to anyone else; she's not them.

:previous:
Serge said:
''The duchess is young, beautiful and has a real sense of elegance. I am very happy she wears Paule Ka, she is both a princess and a modern woman.''
Well that's just a bread and butter statement. Catherine wore one of their suits, ergo she is elegant. Pretty much the same as Karl Largerfeld's offering:

Largerfeld said:
He says of Kate, “She’s beautiful… the state of the economy in Europe, not especially in England, I think she’s perfect for that… she cannot come like a red Carpet girl, but for times being, she’s perfect.”

OK he really wants to dress her "Sexier" mother, but would settle for Catherine since she's paying the bills so, the same principle applies! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom