The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 10: September 2012 - December 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this look though I can see some may think the cut of the dress a little matronly, but it is a really nice colour for that heat and has the orchid thing happening good for the start of the tour... compliment to host and so on and more importantly she has the hair back ... IMO she needs to take a leaf out of Mary's book get a stylist and get help with the tour robe as I do see what you all are saying re the cut

No I don't think she needs to take a leaf out of Mary's book. Majority of the time when I see Mary I think Stylist or Runway. If she's going to take notes from anyone let it be Maxima, whether it a hit or a miss Maxima personality always shine.

Princess Mary is one of the best dressed royals around, if not the absolutely best dressed. She usually looks respectable yet at the same time stylish. As for Kate's pink kimono as someone else said, I don't love it I don't hate it; it does seem to clash with her tan skin though.

i LOVE this pink modern Kimono dress, love her hairstyle, LOVEEEEEEEE the shoes and especially the earrings^^
its a nice change for her usual dresses and i like it very much.
i agree about Princess Mary, always sophisticated, respectable but fashionable and stylish, i guess now they've been together i wonder if they make contact with each other and/or give Catherine some advices!
Maxima dresses well on most of times, but i dont think her fashion is Catherine's cup of tea.
but i imagine Catherine wearing some of Mathilde's clothes and it works!

I think Kate should pick what she like and what fit her personality in term of clothes. They don't all need to look like cookie cutter clones. Maxima and Marie personalities always shine no matter what they are wearing.
They might not be stylish or people might not consider them to be stylish but they pick what they are comfortable with and as long as it professional I don't see the problem. We might not like what they wear, they might not like Mary's style. It there choice
They (Kate) doesn't need to look to Mary or ask her for advice in term of fashion.

^ohh i know, i just meant the advice in a friendly way, i have my own style but i dont mind if i have doubts sometimes and need some advice from someone older. i see no problem in that

Looking at more pictures of the Jenny Packham dress the deep v neckline is very low especially in pictures when Kate is leaning over. This is prob an instant where having a dresses or stylist would point out that at times the dress is nearly reveiling more than is appropiate. The top of the dress definitely needs to be modified - i can imagine as a bespoke piece it cost quite abit but i really hope we dont see Kate repeating this

I think Kate is always well dressed. However, if she needs any pointers she should call Mary of Denmark.

Judging from what I see from some stylist, they might have put her in more revealing, tight form fitting clothes. A stylist might have point out that but that not always the case

I think Catherine looks very sweet and innocent in the light pink kimono-style dress, and the hair is absolutely stunning. The other dress is very pretty too. I love the touches of purple.

Nice dress such a nice shade of pink are they in japan for this pic which would explain the choice of dress since the Sakura blossoms are of a similar shade of pink.

Nice dress such a nice shade of pink are they in japan for this pic which would explain the choice of dress since the Sakura blossoms are of a similar shade of pink.

They're in Singapore, not Japan. But yes, the shade of pink is quite lovely on Catherine.

I think Kate is always well dressed. However, if she needs any pointers she should call Mary of Denmark.

If she likes Mary's style (although I'd doubt very much whether she's seen much of Mary's wardrobe as there's no coverage of the Danish royals in the UK), she'd be much better to call Mary's stylist whose job it is to identify and procure Mary's clothes for her.

We have never seen any indication, apart from in the excitable elements of the Danish and Australian press, that Kate and Mary have any kind of relationship whatsoever. They've met once that we know of, that's it.

Ehh not a fan of the dress. She looked nice though.

Love the pink dress.It would have looked much better on her if it was about 2 inches longer, like CP Mary's recent organge full skirted dress. Needed to have the front tacked down as it bowed open when she bent down. Fabulous that the hair was back and off the face.
The purple dress was a nice nod to her hosts but I found the pattern disconcerting. Also, her hair hid the neckline, both front and back.

Last edited:
Regarding a stylist, as much as this source can be believed:
Kate Middleton forgoes stylist on American tour: 'I'm not a clothes horse' | Mail Online

it appears to be Kate's intention to dress herself (although undoubtedly she asks for opinions of women around her) and not to employ a stylist.

I applaud her for this, as well as the way she recycles outfits and how she frequently buys clothing that is from a previous season or otherwise discounted.

She appears to want to dress well and look nice, but not to overemphasize her appearance.

This was posted in the tour thread. First pictures of Catherine for Day 2 of the tour. She's wearing a white outfit, with her blue? wedges.

william & catherine

September 12, 2012 - Kate in a white skirt with a matching short sleeve jacket and a white belt with black wedges.

Outfit is by Alexander McQueen.

I like the suit but at the same time there is something off about it which I cant point my finger at. I dont care for the color, its a bit boring but then it works. I would've liked if she had her hair pulled back or in a ponytail for the collar of jacket to have a more effect as it was quite nice. Im not a fan of wedges for such official events, I don't care for the climate or location, its just to elegant at all. Very simple pumps would've worked well or sandal heels.

Close up ** Full view

Last edited:
Woo outfit #3 has impressed me the most. Love the color and style if the skirt and jacket. For this trip she seems to have her skirts at knee level.

dazzling said:
September 12, 2012 - Kate in a white skirt with a matching short sleeve jacket and a white belt with black wedges.

Outfit is by Alexander McQueen.

I like the suit but at the same time there is something off about it which I cant point my finger at. I dont care for the color, its a bit boring but then it works. I would've liked if she had her hair pulled back or in a ponytail for the collar of jacket to have a more effect as it was quite nice. Im not a fan of wedges for such official events, I don't care for the climate or location, its just to elegant at all. Very simple pumps would've worked well or sandal heels.

Close up ** Full view

Really like this outfit- it looks very comfortable to wear. I agree about the footwear, and as previous posters have commented this is one aspect of her daywear where she could be more interesting. Just a splash of colour would have made this outfit pretty perfect for me.

I see she has changed the length of her skirts which, with her lovely long legs, is both flatteringly modest and elegant. But, ho hum, same variations on exaggerated V-necks, same variations on floppsy moppsy hair and really boring shoes. :whistling:

Couldn't agree more with dazzling - those wedges are a very bad choice, all wrong for the outfit and the occasion and in my eyes such an inelegant eyesore that they throw the overall look off.
The skirt is a bit too full to create a nice silhouette IMO, this is actually dirndl style... and the V neckline of the top is surprisingly low. Along with the hair thrust forward, not the most practical look on a day with a lot of bending over to kids during walkabouts - see gallery below:
Getty Images - Search: SGP: The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Diamond Jubilee Tour - Day 2

I don´t like this last look. The wedges ruin it for me. I also dislike the skirt.
The pink kimono dress is lovely. Not my favourite Kate´s dress, but soft pink suits her a lot, IMO.

Kate in her second official event of the day is wearing a top and a skirt from a Singaporean label "Raoul" Top ** Skirt

Great seeing Catherine at the chances when we can. My mind becomes empty and my idea in my heart is of the plenty for she never gets it wrong fashionably. Even when there are complaints and I try to understand the many people's perspectives here, I agree with her and their decisions. Love is in the heir shall we say, for it almost always amazes me how often it feels I can rely on the presence, and assurance of these beautiful Royals. They are inviting and may they continue thriving. I like the boldness of the pink from ago and of course the ivory white. Wonderful. Good luck Will and Kate.

This was posted in the tour thread. First pictures of Catherine for Day 2 of the tour. She's wearing a white outfit, with her blue? wedges.

william & catherine

PERFECT outfit, absolutely lovely. Nevetheless is something I do not like with the shoes, I do not know what, the wedges? the height? something is wrong.

I never understood why a woman of 1.78cm (Kate) needs to wear at least 10 cm (or more) heels!! People say bad about Letizia's vertigineous heels, but at least Letizia has minimum 30 cm difference with Felipe to cover. But Kate?? When she is with her high hels near the very tall William, they both look being in another level of cloud, camparable to other "normal" people, especially the elder...

Last edited:
I like the white McQueen outfit minus the wedges that make that chic outfit kinda casual and weird. Love the second outfit. Low key and lovely. Were they visiting a school?

I actually like outfit #2 from today best so far - finally, there's no aspect of 'trying too hard' here, nothing stilted which I feel all the outfits so far had an aspect of, but instead it's simple, light and fresh.
Full view:
http://s14.postimage.org/gfg4bbe5d/Newscom_rtrlfive490818.jpg

This is a lovely outfit which she also wears very well. The print is fun, the colors work nicely as well. This seems to be a Kate dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom