The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Opaque black hose have been the height of chic here in NYC for several years. I like them, especially on someone as long-legged as Catherine. My problem with her outfit is that the skirt was much too short and the skirt was not as flattering on her frame.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
She looks nice and elegant. Wish there were more photos.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
She really is a plain girl. Even high fashion designer clothes doesn't help...she always looks bland.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
She never attended the service for Williams nanny, she went straight from Newcastle to London and then out for the evening. That's why there was such a big hoohaa about her doing her first solo engagement so well.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Inspirational story of how Kate's stunning dress helped Indian sex trafficking victims | Mail Online
Old 10-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I almost didn't post this because I think KL usually sounds like such an old poop - but what the heck?

Karl Lagerfeld has praised The Duchess of Cambridge's high street fashion choices - hellomagazine.com

Though the headlines read like a complement, somehow, I sense his snark coming though.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
She really is a plain girl. Even high fashion designer clothes doesn't help...she always looks bland.
If Kate is 'plain' then there's not much hope for the rest of us.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
If Kate is 'plain' then there's not much hope for the rest of us.
I think describing anyone as plain is cruel and at the very least rather rude and undignified. I'm quite sure the wrong word has been used in reference to the Duchess of Cambridge and I am even more certain that every woman has her own charms and beauty of which she should be proud. However I'd be quite happy to describe Williams shirts and ties as plain.....
Old 10-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I think describing anyone as plain is cruel and at the very least rather rude and undignified. I'm quite sure the wrong word has been used in reference to the Duchess of Cambridge and I am even more certain that every woman has her own charms and beauty of which she should be proud. However I'd be quite happy to describe Williams shirts and ties as plain.....
Thanks - you mean Willaim's 5 ties and two color choices for dress shirts, don't you?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
HRH has a timeless quality to her. A young modern well educated princess, that also respects the traditions of the family and institution she belongs to and represents. IMO HRH has the most beautiful smile in the world Catherine is many things but 'plain' she most certainly isn't.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

If Catherine is "plain" then an awful lot of women should probably put a paper bag over their heads before they leave the house each day so they don't scare the children and dogs.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Serene Highness

Have to agree with that one. Catherine is hardly plain in my opinion. She is quite a lovely young woman with grace and elegance. She is definitely not unfortunate looking.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I congratulate the Duchess on having avoided the celebrity/runway look. She is making a point of not being a fashionista. She looks lovely and happy.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am wondering if what you are really saying is not that she is ugly but rather that Catherine is not a noted beauty a la Princess Grace, or fabulously photogenic like Princess Diana, both of whom would have looked fabulous in a sack, but is rather an attractive woman who is striving to establish her personal style, with somewhat mixed results . . . to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I congratulate the Duchess on having avoided the celebrity/runway look. She is making a point of not being a fashionista. She looks lovely and happy.
Unfortunately this is absolutely not the case! Whatever Catherine's personal beliefs nothing is going to alter the fact that If Catherine wears it, It is in style and whether it is High Street or Haute Couture, if she wears it, they will rerun and re-release it. In that respect she is the ultimate fashionista! Love or loathe her personal style, she is starting to set what is in fashion!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am wondering if what you are really saying is not that she is ugly but rather that Catherine is not a noted beauty a la Princess Grace, or fabulously photogenic like Princess Diana,!
Hahaha! If I was to ask my friends who is the the most beautiful of the three, Catherine would win hands down. Maybe its a generational thing , I don't know but in my peer group of 20 somethings, Di Spencer and Grace Kelly wouldn't make the top top five. CP Mary even rates higher than Spencer and Kelly.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I think "plain" meant no charisma or "it" what of often defines people who get the coverage the dutchess gets.
She's an ordinary girl who married Prince William, thats all.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think "plain" meant no charisma or "it" what of often defines people who get the coverage the dutchess gets.
She's an ordinary girl who married Prince William, thats all.
A beautiful and intelligent girl who married a Prince
Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl

A beautiful and intelligent girl who married a Prince
Opinions differ, I agree with DOM I see nothing interesting about Catherine.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Opinions differ, I agree with DOM I see nothing interesting about Catherine.
Opinions do differ and everyone including you has their favourite princess. Life goes on.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Royal Highness

As this is a fashion thread I think it's okay for folks to express a view that they find her style unremarkable, but I hope we're not going to get into trading comments about her personality now.

Tags
daytime fashion, duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge's daytime fashion, fashion, kate, kate middleton, kate middleton fashion