The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree about the hair. Her hair is beautiful, imo.
Actually it is the current trendy style, if you look at the pictures of most of the young actresses in Hollywood.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post
Yes, you may.
Her hair is messy and messed up, it looks unhealthy. She should change her hairstyle - she would look more mature.
Unhealthy?
Freewheeling? - yes
Casual - yes
Tumbling - yes
Tousled - yup
Imperfect - messy - non-traditional - sure, if you think so
Not sprayed with laqueur within an inch of its life - yes

But unhealthy - No

Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Really dislike the whole look, can't really abide black opaque tights on grown women. The skirt is too short also, imo.
Do love the jacket, it appears soft and cosy.
Her eyemakeup seems to have lightened up.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Yet others criticize the Duchess for looking older than her years. She has lots of years ahead of her to look mature.

Quote:
Yes, you may.
Her hair is messy and messed up, it looks unhealthy. She should change her hairstyle - she would look more mature.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Majesty

Perhaps nude stockings would have looked better. I don't like the ruffles or whatever that is on the skirt. Otherwise, I don't mind the look.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Nobility

Love the colour. I really like the top half of the outfit. The cut of the jacket is nice.

I don't though like the skirt as the length looks odd. I also don't like the opaque tights. I hope she isn't going to become like Mette-marit and wear them all winter long.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathl29 View Post
Love the colour. I really like the top half of the outfit. The cut of the jacket is nice.

I don't though like the skirt as the length looks odd. I also don't like the opaque tights. I hope she isn't going to become like Mette-marit and wear them all winter long.
My thoughts exactly
Old 10-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The skirt's too short and the shape of the skirt is wrong for her figure type. She's relatively narrow through her hips. The kicky hem would have worked if it were a few inches longer.

Her hair looks lovely today.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes, you may.
Her hair is certainly not unhealthy; it shines and has a great look to it. Where and what do you see what is unhealthy?

As to her looking more mature, isn't she already criticized she looks older than her age? How much more mature you want her to look?

Also, I cannot help but asking: where do you see messed up hair? It basically sits straight with the curls at the bottom, nothing sticks out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge during a visit to Middle Temple on October 8, 2012 in London, England.

- Complete outfit 1 - Complete outfit 2 - Side view - Close up
- Hairstyle - Makeup

This has to be my least favourite of Kate's outfits ever.
I'm not particularly fond of the skirt suit, and certainly not with those tights and especially the print or lace top.

A definite miss for me.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the outfit. I think skirt suits are nice and elegant. The color is very nice. I think the lace top works with the outfit. The only thing I don't like is the black stockings. Overall, she looks lovely.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Royal Highness

Agree with you. Plus the skirt was too short. Okay, that's today's fashion but I wish Catherine would project a bit more glamour instead of girlie glitz.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good lord u sound like a bunch of school marms scolding a girl for daring to not wear her skirts below the knee.
I don't like the black stockings, like someone else said it looks strange on a grown woman, it especially clashes with the shoes. I think if a woman wants to wear black stockings they should be sheer.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 10-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Good lord u sound like a bunch of school marms scolding a girl for daring to not wear her skirts below the knee.
I don't like the black stockings, like someone else said it looks strange on a grown woman, it especially clashes with the shoes. I think if a woman wants to wear black stockings they should be sheer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Really dislike the whole look, can't really abide black opaque tights on grown women. The skirt is too short also, imo.
Do love the jacket, it appears soft and cosy.
Her eyemakeup seems to have lightened up.
Re dark tights, they seem to be the rage in London the last 2 winters, and you see a very large number of office going women of all ages in them. Personally, I prefer sheer, but this seems to be on-trend here
Old 10-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge during a visit to Middle Temple on October 8, 2012 in London, England.

- Complete outfit 1 - Complete outfit 2 - Side view - Close up
- Hairstyle - Makeup
Fit, fit and thrice fit! HRH is just amazing!!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The outfit's nice, suits her well. But it's not my taste, she looks so much older than 30.

She's wearing a dress by Reiss today.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Thats a lovely shade of burgundy and thats a lovely cut of the suit but unfortunately its ways too short IMO.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is only three inches above the knee.

As for the tights, people made fun of her before for wearing nude tights and now they don't like the opaque ones either! Is she supposed to go bare-legged in winter?

I think the opaque are a great choice; she is most likely trying to silence the critics who will say her skirt is too short!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Count me into the miss-camp, too. Lovely colour but the skirt is far too short. A lace shirt underneath???
Thick black stockings - ick!
I dont think anyone denies that Kate has beautiful hear but the way is worn is just terrible. Hiding behind a wall of hair.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hang on, is it just me who sees a difference between stockings and tights?

The UK is freezing at the moment, beautiful sunshine though. Tights are a must!

Green Reiss coat with her standard black boats for today's outing. It's still cold so I don't mind the coat look.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Re dark tights, they seem to be the rage in London the last 2 winters, and you see a very large number of office going women of all ages in them. Personally, I prefer sheer, but this seems to be on-trend here
haha somewhat strange...if its sheer then its often like: ehhh stockings..soo granny..and if its opaque its oh noo... why that!!??
haha no worry i´m exagarating...but agree seems trendy right now...and considering weather she might be well of wearing tights

nothing wrong for me.
...just my cup o tea..

thank you

Tags
daytime fashion, duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge's daytime fashion, fashion, kate, kate middleton, kate middleton fashion