The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine's never worn a hair accessory/hat that's made her look good in my book.
I'm in almost total agreement with this when it comes to hats. But she isn't the only young British Royal who this could be said about. In this particular example, the hairstyle is also totally unsuited to the hat IMO.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's a great dress for a wedding no one would notice it and would not upstage the bride I like those hats.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
September 2012 - Kate attending a wedding in a recycled Erdem dress.

Side view ** Close up
Glad to see a full view of the dress. Catherine looks delightful, and I love the hair and hat too.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Courtier

I think she looks very nice. But I remember her at William's Order of the Garter ceremony and I still think the style of the hat at that day was one of the best we have ever seen on her. If only she would wear such a hat again, she looked terrific.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Isn't this one of the tea cozy hats? I usually don't like them, but this one looks really nice and I think this time the slant to the side actually works.
To the English, what is the weather like? The dress Kate is wearing looks so hot, but I think that's only because it is 80 degrees where I am.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I would have loved the dress if the details on the dress were not there. It would have looked better to me. Otherwise, I love the color and fit of the dress. Hairstyle looks good.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Courtier

That dress looked familiar....

When W&K were on tour and visited the mosque, I kept thinking, why does that Beulah dress look so familiar? Now I know:

http://www.newmyroyals.com/search/label/BEULAH%20LONDON

http://www.helloonline.com/brides/gallery/201110136329/nancy-shevell-looks-fabulous-over-fifty/8/
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
When W&K were on tour and visited the mosque, I kept thinking, why does that Beulah dress look so familiar? Now I know:

http://www.newmyroyals.com/search/label/BEULAH%20LONDON

http://www.helloonline.com/brides/gallery/201110136329/nancy-shevell-looks-fabulous-over-fifty/8/
Proofs that her dress is way too old-fashioned and not appropriate for a 30 year old woman. I'm sure she didnt wanted to wear something too tight to visit a mosque but the dress seems just way to big on her. But I like the color of the dress which suits her.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

The dress looks amazing, as usual. HRH never puts a foot wrong!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10

Proofs that her dress is way too old-fashioned and not appropriate for a 30 year old woman. I'm sure she didnt wanted to wear something too tight to visit a mosque but the dress seems just way to big on her. But I like the color of the dress which suits her.
I think given the setting, it is quite appropriate, and not old fashioned. I think the style of the dress is meant to fit that way, thus giving off the appearance of being too big. Yes, not my favorite look, yet the colour is pretty on her and given that she's in a mosque it's rather nice.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Serene Highness

imo it fits the occasion and honestly i have seen a lot of clothing worn by 30 somethings..imo its scary
to me its refreshing to fine someone who has a classic look about herself or nahla10 would u rather her wear nothing but trendy stuff
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I too, think it was perfect for the occasion. I do not think she would have had one single suitable dress in her wardrobe because it is, of necessity, extremely modest and intended to respect the cultural mores of the host rather than the demands of fashion.

Regardless, I actually found that it flattered her and made her look almost ethereal. I also think that Catherine is finally figuring out that "fashion" is what she is wearing and not what is on the catwalk. During that tour she managed to sport quite a few original "looks", all of which were interesting and most of which did not feature in this year's obligatory fashion bible.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Serene Highness

i love that about her, she has or is getting better about her style, much faster than her late mom n law, imo it took princess diana sometime to figure out her style
Old 10-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Gentry

The dress is perfect for the occasion. After all she could have worn a burka at the mosque to make all of you comfortable about what she wears.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Usually I *hate* pale light colors but on her it looks great. The tiny buttons give it a nice discreet touch-overall another really flawless look for her.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Duchess Catherine's look inspires 'glamorous' dressing | theSundaily

She truly is a fashion 'icon' IMO

Old 10-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well i don't know about style icon we may have to wait and see there IMO but I certainly think and I think this ... that she has made it okay for all to buy and say I got this from say Top Shop or Zara or Country Road and they are not over priced where as prior lot of the time if one wasn't wearing designer one wanted to .. she has made it all roght to do that.
I wonder when the last time we say a member of the Royal Fomily carry out an engagement in those High Street labels ... til ol' Cathy came along. And that is a good thing but icon she is not there yet IMO and has a long way to go but that is just all IMO ... but then I may know nothing about fashion as someone unkidly pointed out about most people on this thread recently.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Well Marina and Alexandra of Kent were known to shop at Marks & Spencer for day wear because it was economical.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge during a visit to Middle Temple on October 8, 2012 in London, England.

- Complete outfit 1 - Complete outfit 2 - Side view - Close up
- Hairstyle - Makeup

This has to be my least favourite of Kate's outfits ever.
I'm not particularly fond of the skirt suit, and certainly not with those tights and especially the print or lace top.

A definite miss for me.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge during a visit to Middle Temple on October 8, 2012 in London, England.

- Complete outfit 1
- Complete outfit 2
- Close up
- Hair
I thought Catherine looked quite smart at their engagement at the Middle Temple today. Her hair looked quite nice despite it having been quite a miserable day in London today, with a lot of rain earlier.

Tags
daytime fashion, duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge's daytime fashion, fashion, kate, kate middleton, kate middleton fashion