The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that the bright yellow suits Catherine better than the primrose yellow she's worn on occasion. However, I don't like yellow in general; and so I don't like that yellow dress! The navy is pretty.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

September 18, 2012 - Kate in a new yellow dress.

I like this dress but I don't think the sleeves style fits the dress. IMO the sleeves should've been a bit tighter. Great to see her hair pulled up. Works well with this dress.

Full view

Old 09-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I really like this dress (even though it's yellow) although I know what you mean about the sleeves, Dazzling.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Aristocracy

Ok I like this dress and the navy one from earlier. I do love her hair like this, nice for a change of pace and I can really see the dress.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling

I like this dress but I don't think the sleeves style fits the dress. IMO the sleeves should've been a bit tighter. Great to see her hair pulled up. Works well with this dress.

Full view
I like the colour, in the sense that Catherine's not wearing pink or blue. But the dress doesn't suit her especially with those sleeves.
The only dress I think I have likes on this tour is the strapless party dress.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am over these dresses for me so far the Mulberry is the best otherwise really just too cutesy too boring IMO though I have liked the shoes but not necessarliy with the outfits.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

To wear clunky sandal wedges with this dress and with an up-do is all wrong.
In this case, open hair would have balanced the too-wide sleeves, overall the dress really doesn’t suit her though – it looks nicely made but would look better on someone younger, more petite and less skinny.
Full view:
http://s11.postimage.org/902zou1bn/P...iamond_k_Z.jpg
Old 09-18-2012, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

This dress is lovely. It needs to be about an inch and a half longer and I don't like those chunky shoes with it. They make her legs look scrawny, but she still looks lovely.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
To wear clunky sandal wedges with this dress and with an up-do is all wrong.
In this case, open hair would have balanced the too-wide sleeves, overall the dress really doesn’t suit her though – it looks nicely made but would look better on someone younger, more petite and less skinny.
Full view:
http://s11.postimage.org/902zou1bn/P...iamond_k_Z.jpg
Yes I agree. It is a lovely dress, but doesn't really work for her. I think it is very evident on this tour that she is doing her own thing. Sometimes it works wonderfully, but there are some things she doesn't get right. I personally like the fact that she hasn't got a stylist. Overall I think she has managed the heat, the nature of her engagements and showing respect to her hosts very well. I really don't get the comments that are still appearing concerning her hair - seems to me she has worn it up or off her face on a considerable number of occasions.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes I agree. It is a lovely dress, but doesn't really work for her. I think it is very evident on this tour that she is doing her own thing. Sometimes it works wonderfully, but there are some things she doesn't get right. I personally like the fact that she hasn't got a stylist. Overall I think she has managed the heat, the nature of her engagements and showing respect to her hosts very well. I really don't get the comments that are still appearing concerning her hair - seems to me she has worn it up or off her face on a considerable number of occasions.
Quite true that she seems to do what she wants. First thing that comes to mind when going to an island/resort is to wear wedges. I don't get why she couldn't wear lovely flat shoes/sandals instead of heels and wedges. I would also think it would be more comfortable.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Courtier

Love the dress, especially the pale butter shade. However it could be a slightly longer to give it the elegance that it lacks. The chunky wedge sandals are definitely not flattering on Kate. Simple sandals might have been a better option. A smart wide brimmed hat might also have worked with this look.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to agree with some of you. The dress doesn't suit Catherine. I think that the color is wonderful, but the cut/style of the dress is too old/retro. I also have to admit, I love wedges but I don't care for them with this dress.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I actually really like the yellow dress. It has a bit of a retro feel. The only thing I would change are the shoes. Some cute ballet flats would have looked much better with this dress.

I love the dress she wore later in the day.
Catherine Duchess Of Cambridge Dances With The Ladies At
Old 09-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar
I actually really like the yellow dress. It has a bit of a retro feel. The only thing I would change are the shoes. Some cute ballet flats would have looked much better with this dress.

I totally agree. If you notice, the sleeves on the yellow dress have a cute lacy pattern, so the sleeves are meant to highlight the upper body and give more texture to the look.

Again, why all the hate with the wedges? From the side, they actually elongate her leg, and the gentle slope of the shoe actually makes her leg look toned but not strained from the front (which sometimes happens with heels).
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

The yellow eyelet dress really just doesn't suit her for all the reasons posters have listed.
The wedges are way to much volume for such a light, short dress, it just doesn't balance.
The one image of the long dress is fantastic! Hope to see more. Thanks to all for posting.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

Full view
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post

I love the yellow dress.
I also love the long dress, though it does'nt beat Malaysia. Some better pics, and a designer ID of this dress would be nice.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Majesty

I like both dresses. They suit Catherine quite well. The longer one reminds me of a traditional Russian or Ukrainian outfit. However, it appears to look smashing on her.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I like both dresses. They suit Catherine quite well. The longer one reminds me of a traditional Russian or Ukrainian outfit. However, it appears to look smashing on her.
What? no pics of Kate in her wet suit snorkeling?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

Full view
It's a very lovely and beautiful dress. I think the color and the details are beautiful. But, I agree, it would have looked better with the sleeves tighter. Though, it would also looked better sleeveless to me. The hair style is great also but, I really dislike the shoes.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I love the yellow dress.
I also love the long dress, though it does'nt beat Malaysia. Some better pics, and a designer ID of this dress would be nice.
The long dress is by Temperley.

Kate is a Bit Boho in Tuvalu as The Duke & Duchess Dance the Night Away » What Kate Wore

Tags
daytime fashion, duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge's daytime fashion, fashion, kate, kate middleton, kate middleton fashion