The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I think she looks lovely in both dresses. Perfectly appropriate, British designers, easy to wear in a hot and humid island climate. William's pink shirt is certainly interesting.
exactly - and I like that both have some structure to them, they dont fall limp in the humidity. both served their purpose well - the solid bright yellow dress allowed her to stand out during the village tours and the navy dress was a lovely backdrop to the native necklaces showing them beautifully.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

i must be the only one who LOVED the arrival dress yesterday. i absolutely loved the whole look, the dress was so pretty and had a beautiful islandy cut, although the shoes are recycled often in this trip, i loved them with the dress and specially with the hat (LOVED the hat, its so feminine, delicate and had that nostalic feel). loved the hairstyle and earrings, and she showed her beautifuly and tanned legs (she always did, but this dress made them look with a pettier color, maybe its because of the dress color)

Old 09-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Prabal Gurung dress

For those who loved the purple and white print Prabal Gurung dress which the Duchess wore in Singapore: Beginning at noon PDT today, this dress (or at least one very similar) will be sold on myhabit.com. I have bought things from this site before at amazing discounts, and registration is easy- just your email addy and a password.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
September 17, 2012 - Kate in a yellow dress by Jager.

This is my least favorite dress on the tour. The cut looks fine to me so does the color but the fabric seems a bit too stiff, it has that plastic feeling to it.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up
I love the yellow dress. Kate brought/is sunshine literally in more than one sense of the word.
( BTW, your 2nd link did not work.)
Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

the yellow dress is OK, nothing more and less than that. but i love the navy dress, its really pretty, and the shoes blend well with it.

but she didnt do her hair, even her usual long curls, it was natural and wavy. not that i complain to much, with the yellow dress looks fine but she needed another hairstyle with the wavy dress and to show off a bit more her gift necklace.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Good pix on this site

MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD
Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

She is always very elegant but at the same time very low profile and I think that is what Kate wants to be...that green dress is a very normal dress...all dresses are not too mucht...except for that Disney Dress...I do love the pink dress that was an offer!! she looks very nice with it!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Was it just me, or did it look like the Duchess had very light makeup this afternoon? In any case she looked cute with her curly hair!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Really dislike the pink dress. Not a fan of the print, colors, or the wedges. Though, her hair looks great! I love the yellow dress! She looks very classic and elegant in it. I love the color and cut. I also love the navy dress. Again, great color and cut but, not a great hairstyle with it.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Was it just me, or did it look like the Duchess had very light makeup this afternoon? In any case she looked cute with her curly hair!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5-ylH25Y22...1AT4u0qKwx.jpg

Yes! I agree! You can actually see her skin (esp her forehead) and her curly hair; it's like the "real" Kate is showing through and I like it given the tropical location. She really is a natural beauty!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5-ylH25Y22...1AT4u0qKwx.jpg

Yes! I agree! You can actually see her skin (esp her forehead) and her curly hair; it's like the "real" Kate is showing through and I like it given the tropical location. She really is a natural beauty!
Does look lighter, less brows and now I see that the dress is eyelet again,
another fave of mine.
Nothing to be done with hair in that heat and humidity, hers seems to be au natural.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just have no words for how much I dislike the yellow and I love the blue.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Courtier

So far I liked what she wore on this trip. Catherine's style is quite low profile - though I too agree that the printed dress was way too expensive. However, I think she preferes simple cuts, simple colours and styles. And she was dressed quite appropriate in all the engagments. Thumbs up. She is doing quite well.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Count me as one who loves both dresses from today. The yellow safari dress is lovely IMO. It does what a safari dress is supposed to do keep the wearer cool and crisp in a hot and humid. I especially love the lively bright yellow. I loooovvve the blue dress. It's the perfect little summer dress, and for one those blue wedge shoes are a perfect pairing for the terrain and a match for the dress.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2

exactly - and I like that both have some structure to them, they dont fall limp in the humidity. both served their purpose well - the solid bright yellow dress allowed her to stand out during the village tours and the navy dress was a lovely backdrop to the native necklaces showing them beautifully.
I totally agree.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Majesty

i love both dresses; yellow looked nice and airy, bright and cheerful (appropriate, since the person wearing it seems to brings smiles wherever she goes ). I love the navy dress too. Don't care for the wedges, but I can see where they would probably be preferable to heels or flats. Wills in a dark pink shirt tells us that only real men can wear pink, and look good doing it .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love both the yellow and navy dress. Kate's been looking very good on this trip.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Love the last photos, a natural beauty.
We are very fortunate to have this lovely lady
at Williams side.
What a beautiful couple.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Commoner

Kate's hair is becoming boring. The hair should be put up. Seems we can never see the top part of any dress she wears.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Serene Highness

Actually, I noticed her hair looks like its having a problem with the humidity. Its looking a little frizzy. I think she should have worn her hair up as much as possible in order to avoid the dreaded frizz mop.

Tags
daytime fashion, duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge's daytime fashion, fashion, kate, kate middleton, kate middleton fashion