The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Fashion and Style, Part 1

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
dazzling, JessRulz and iceflower

Last edited:
April 30, 2011 - The morning after the wedding, Kate in a blue dress matched with a lovely boxy black jacket & a black belt.

A very pretty dress, the color is lovely perfect for the season, I wished she hadn't worn black a day after her wedding (my regions tradition is to wear bright colors for a while as you are newly bride) but I did like the cut of the jacket & it did suit her..

Full view ** Close up

I felt like she shouldn't have worn black either. I'm very particular about colors and all that.

I liked her outfit a lot, the floaty chiffon type skirt was beautiful and the colour was stunning.

However, and this is a biggie . . . . never ask you husband if you look okay. The poor woman's lovely chiffon skirt was hitched higher at the back than it was at the front!

Never mind. Our Catherine is a very quick learner and I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that again.

April 30, 2011 - The morning after the wedding, Kate in a blue dress matched with a lovely boxy black jacket & a black belt.

A very pretty dress, the color is lovely perfect for the season, I wished she hadn't worn black a day after her wedding (my regions tradition is to wear bright colors for a while as you are newly bride) but I did like the cut of the jacket & it did suit her..

Full view ** Close up

I like this dress a lot, color is very nice. The jacket is really well tailored. Whole outfit very in her style.
It was nice to see them holding their hands first time in public.

I liked her outfit a lot, the floaty chiffon type skirt was beautiful and the colour was stunning.

However, and this is a biggie . . . . never ask you husband if you look okay. The poor woman's lovely chiffon skirt was hitched higher at the back than it was at the front!

Never mind. Our Catherine is a very quick learner and I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that again.

Have I missed that?

I mean she is a duchess...sorry for my mistake!

Full view ** Close up

Love the dress. She looks very nice.

Full view ** Close up

The dress is from high street spanish chain Zara and wedges from LK Bennett (the same ones she wore at the final wedding rehersal two days previous)
Kate Middleton is the people's princess as she steps out in High Street for first day as a Royal | Mail Online

I am crazy for that little blazer/jacket...perfect fit! :whistling:

The dress is nice, but seen from the back or the side it rides up slightly...the back is shorter than the front!? :sad:

However, the overall look of the outfit is very casual chic!

Boring boring boring.
The article refers to her as the people's princess. She has a long way to go b4 she truly earns that title me thinks.

Boring boring boring.
The article refers to her as the people's princess. She has a long way to go b4 she truly earns that title me thinks.

OMG...that cringe worthy phrase again..here we go again!:bang:

blujean said:
Boring boring boring.

Very very long way.

It's nice but nothing special I agree a bit boring here

The Duchess dresses appropriately for her position and I don't think it is going to change.

We are used to see Zara and Mango dress here...Zara and Mango have such lovely pieces we only must know how to choose...the dress is lovely..a casual but also elegant and chic dress...just like the Duchess is...and I hope she never changes...she must be exactly what she is and what she likes to wear...as long as she is well dress she should keep her style always!!

I think she looks lovely and young and appropriate.

I agree, she is usually well dressed, if a little conservatively. I suspect in the following years, as she geets more comfortable with her royal role, she will gain confidence and perhaps be more willing to experiment.

A nice casual look. I thought Catherine was wearing a wool cardigan instead is a wool shawl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow her hair really is amazing. I'm never cray about what she wears but I'm delighted to see her do the shopping.

I think Kate looks chic and it's a cool outfit for shopping, I love her hair straight, Her defining style moment will laways be her stunning McQueen wedding gown.

I loved the pics of her shopping I showed them to my husband and said look she is just like me except that priceless jewely she is wearing on her left hand!:ROFLMAO:
I hope that she is left in peace for the next 2 years to get used to being a member of the BRF and gets a few outings under her belt before going off on world tours.

great pictures, i am glad that she is able to carry on a normal life and a normal routine.

do you think she will use coupons? :):):) she will be my best friend if she does.

I'm so excited that they're going to make it to the West Coast this summer, as I'm visiting there in July and August - what a thrill if we get to see them in any way!

Very cute, nice, casual outfit. I like the green shawl (or is that a sweater?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom