The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The skirt is a tad bit short but she looks really nice.

She looks really lovely. Classy and youthful at the same time. Love the hair and the hat....and her tan legs are to die for. I do wonder if the jacket would have looked better with three-quarter length sleeves...

Mia_mae said:
Did anyone notice her hair color is different or is it just me?

Maybe a bit lighter bc she's been in the sun for her honeymoon?

monic said:
That's a great hat, thank you MRSJ! :)

You're welcome. I posted more in their current events thread :) I always find the greatest photos on TRF's instead of the papers/magazines because we have awesome posters!

Last edited:
her hair color is a warm shade. looks more reddish..look at the muscles in her calves. HRH William looks thinner...

I like the Derby look, with the exception of the fact that the skirt is just a touch too short. With heels that high, an inch longer would have resulted in a more proportionate look.

As for whether the skirt and jacket are different shades, I think what we're seeing is actually different fabric densities. It's not uncommon even for very expensive designers to pair a thin, floaty skirt/dress with a heavier jacket. I've always rather liked the look.

The hat is killingly chic, and wearing her hair up with it was exactly the right choice.

I loved Catherine's hat a lot, but I was unsure of the entire ensemble. I adored her shoes, however.

Loved the look ... especially the new hair style. Only makes me wish that she had worn her hair in this style for the wedding --- would have made a perfect topper for the perfect dress :)

Catherine looks really pretty, I like more the jacket that the skirt. The shoes are good. She looks lovely with the hair pulled up. The hat is very pretty.

Catherine looks older with her hair up. Perhaps today she was trying for a more mature/sophisticated look. Not bad at all.

Someone on the Fashion Spot noticed that Kate's shoes were from L.K. Bennett London.

Sledge2 Court Taupe L.K.Bennett

I like her hair in this style and the color does appear to be a little lighter.

Adore the hat and her hair up in a smart bun - jury for me is out on the outfit. The Reiss dress is lovely but just not sure if it was right at the Derby and the jacket is smart but is abit heavy for the floaty chiffon aspect of the dress. It is a good investment jacket and hopefully she will be able to wear it with other outifts. Shoes are great (Sophie and Eugenie have the same pair - both wore them at Easter) L K Bennett shoes are great and so comfy to wear and not expensive.

I like everything about the outfit but the hat. Really like her hairdo.

Not crazy about this outfit I like the idea of it but maybe it is the colour BUT her hair is out of her face and it is quite cute with the bun to the side. Shoes are nothing special and the bag is okay.
I have to agree with you LadyMac... I find the skirt way too short.The hair out of Catherine's face is different for a change and quite becoming as it shows her features more.

:previous: As a first formal outing as Duchess of Cambridge I think she has done very well. I loves the white contrasted with the neutral hat clutch and (divine) shoes.

However, I think the dress is a little too short even though it is obvious that she has very long legs and it was not in the least vulgar. The chiffon type material in the skirt is also something that needs to be avoided for open air appearances as she is at the mercy of the elements and we do not want any "wardrobe malfunctions".

I loved her up-do and over time she will finesse the "finish" required, but the style was lovely and suited her chapeau. Perhaps Zara could give her a few hints on how to achieve the shine immaculate finish desired.

Overall an A for a first outing and for having the confidence to use an up-do, which is something that neither of the York girls have yet even attempted.

:previous: As a first formal outing as Duchess of Cambridge I think she has done very well. I loves the white contrasted with the neutral hat clutch and (divine) shoes.

However, I think the dress is a little too short even though it is obvious that she has very long legs and it was not in the least vulgar. The chiffon type material in the skirt is also something that needs to be avoided for open air appearances as she is at the mercy of the elements and we do not want any "wardrobe malfunctions".

I loved her up-do and over time she will finesse the "finish" required, but the style was lovely and suited her chapeau. Perhaps Zara could give her a few hints on how to achieve the shine immaculate finish desired.

Overall an A for a first outing and for having the confidence to use an up-do, which is something that neither of the York girls have yet even attempted.
Nice summary. I agree with you that DofC II(the younger) looked smashing.Very lovely, youthful and well put together.

The York princesses are in a very different position than DofC II. I actually like many of the outfits the rest of the posters have fits about. They are individualists and somewhat eccentric in their choices and I like that. I would bet that the queen has fun with their choices as well or they would not be as experimental as they are. They appear to have a close relationship with their grand mother and would most certainly not upset her. I rather look at the York princesses than other young royal women looking like young versions of older matrons.

Outfit of Kate yesterday: jacket and skirt from Ralf Laurent, Hat from Issa and shoes from Reiss

:previous: It's only the lack of up-dos that I bemoan with the York girls. They have so many "Hat" fixtures and no experimentation in the area of hair.

As to the rest, they continue to provide an endless supply of shock, approval, dismay and good old fashioned green-eyed jealousy. I love the way they approach fashion. Hell, I even liked Beatrice' wedding hat! :D

She looks beautiful! The skirt could have been just a little longer, but her legs are gorgeous. Love this outfit!

UPDATED: It’s Another Reiss Dress for Kate at the Epsom Derby + LK Bennett Accessories » What Kate Wore

What Kate Wore-

I guess it's a Reis dress and sweater .....explains why it didn't seem to match

A poster within the article mentions seeing a price tag hanging from the clutch purse - I looked and in one photo there does appear to be something hanging from the clutch, but only in one picture. Keys? :huh: The idea that it would be the price tags seems sooo odd - but it shows up in only that one photo and is clearly not there in the others.

Anyone else see the same thing? Price tags?

The tags are name and so on for hte members or Royal enclosure either pin on or taf like is usual ....not the price type though.

The tags are name and so on for the members or Royal enclosure either pin on or tag like is usual ....not the price type though.

Thank you, bertie. :flowers:

It was such a puzzle - and for such a meticulous dresser like Kate, perplexing that she would let something like that slip by her.

I thought the DOC looked stunning. As for the York girls ....as per usual, imo, just short of disaster. Eugenie's clothes just never seem to fit correctly.

The Duchess turned up very elegant. The total outfit would be much better if the jacket contrasted the white of the dress rather than the ivory which in some way took something away.
All in all she is finding her style and does a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom