The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
She is just perfect, with the perfect dress, accessories and herself as beautiful as ever !
Seeing Catherine in Buckingham Palace meeting President Obama and the First Lady with such easy grace, Carole and Michael Middleton must be very proud of her

Old 05-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Nobility

she is right in her choice of colour because you have to think tha twhen youmeet michèle obama you never know whch colour she is going to wear so to avoid any clash better to stick to neutral colour? Orucess Mary wore deep grey for example and she was right because Michele wore that day Yellow vibrant.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittoria View Post
I'd seen that dress on the Reiss site and liked it, but I agree with other posters that the color is rather "blah". I think it would work nicely in red, and the Duchess wears red well.
Yes! that's the first thing I though. When I saw this photo of Dita Von Teese http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5025/...e150045a19.jpg I couldn't help but wish Catherine had worn it. With the blue from the ring it would've given a little americana feeling to the ensemble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I like the Duchess' dress (I'm starting to warm up towards nude colors after believing its a blah color) but doesn't she look too thin here? Her arms are like toothpicks! Granted, she has a nice tan and tans can make you look thinner.

Sorry for being off-topic, but I hope Catherine puts on a bit of weight now that her wedding is over.
Sonjapearl, she does. I'm trying to loose a few so perhaps she could take some of mine :P
seriously, maybe it was because of the wedding but I do hope she realized how beautiful she already was and put on a bit of weight.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
she is right in her choice of colour because you have to think tha twhen youmeet michèle obama you never know whch colour she is going to wear so to avoid any clash better to stick to neutral colour? Orucess Mary wore deep grey for example and she was right because Michele wore that day Yellow vibrant.
I would disagree, because Michelle Obama could've worn the same color and the two ladies wouldn't have known. I think they wear what they want and hope not to clash or be in similar styles. Catherine seems to stick to neutral colors and classic styles. I don't think Catherine would attend such events in bold color & prints. Michelle Obama is known for the opposite, prints, colors & mix & match.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Kate looks lovely..Her style is impeccable..Much more well dressed then the'other'female
"Other female" OMG!!!

Kate is absolutely lovely, but I liked also Mrs Obama's dress. Another style, but nice also.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Moderator Emeritus

What a lovely dress on Kate. She looked really elegant. Hopefully she'll also try some lovely updo hairdos in the future too, instead of always wearing her her down.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:20 AM

I agree about seeing her with updo's~ I think she would have look so much more sophisticated with her hair up on her wedding day~ I think her hair down took away from the dress~ I also think she looks so much thinner with her hair down, does anyone agree?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she should more tan...after her honeymoon in Seychelles...but we all agreed on this she looks lovely, that dress, that hair, she is very beautiful in this event!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I think she should more tan...after her honeymoon in Seychelles...but we all agreed on this she looks lovely, that dress, that hair, she is very beautiful in this event!
Agree, she is very lovely.

Regarding the tan, maybe she protects her skin and does not expose it toomuch.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice dress, I wish she would keep her hands out of her hair, really tacky.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies
Totally agree.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Compared to Michelle, she looked very chic. (It's Michelle's style so can't hate) but put it on somebody else in another decor, and that dress is vanilla.

Would not pay over 100 bucks for that. Anyway, I wish she put her hair up, would make the outfit fresher.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Kate looks lovely..Her style is impeccable..Much more well dressed then the'other'female
How can you call your first lady the "other female"?

Catherine looked safe yesterday - boring, predictable and safe. I hate it that people have probably gone out to buy this dress for the simple reason that Catherine wore it. The girl needs to do something with her hair - she looked so awkward in that room.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post

Maybe she, like me, can't believe her luck in having such a great head of hair! How I envy her!

But seriously, I think she was maybe just a tad bit nervous....
Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

awkard? well let's remind the settings:
- hey this are 2 people that you have never met, talk while we stand here and take pictures.
IMO, she seemed poised.

Awkward would it be if they were braiding each other's hair and exchanging phone numbers :P

So far no details about the necklace? pity!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Maybe she, like me, can't believe her luck in having such a great head of hair! How I envy her!

But seriously, I think she was maybe just a tad bit nervous....
I am sure Catherine was a bit nervous. Its not often one gets to meet the President of the US. Lets not forget, it was also her first engagement as member of the royal family.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

How can you call your first lady the "other female"?.
Yeah I don't understand that other...perhaps the person has a hard time calling her The First Lady.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
How can you call your first lady the "other female"?

Catherine looked safe yesterday - boring, predictable and safe. I hate it that people have probably gone out to buy this dress for the simple reason that Catherine wore it. The girl needs to do something with her hair - she looked so awkward in that room.
Its best not to go there. Lately in the States we have had a hard being civil to people whose political opinions are different that ours. That goes with calling people by their correct titles. Its a problem that both parties share, and its a real shame IMO.

In regards to people buying Catherine's clothes...I can understand the concept. Haven't you ever seen a character, a movie star and/or model wearing something that you like. And you buy it? Why not Catherine?

She is doing ONE of the essential elements to her new position. Supporting and promoting British fashions. So people are now going to the Reiss site and buying the dress because they liked it. And while they are there, they might see something else they like. And buy that. And maybe, Reiss will be a site that they always go to because they like their style and prices.

And suddenly, Reiss is having a good sale day, week, month or year. And they might hire more people or keep the people they have working for them. All in all....good for the British economy.

IMO the real problem is that bodies differ, so it not might work for everyone.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Nobility

Kate wore exactly the same kind of dresses all princesses wears at the moment, Victoria and Mary, for exemple. Maxima wears a lot this beige colour. Is she safe, boring and predictable for this reason? I dont think so. It's just the begining for Kate. Of course she is safe now, as was mary at the begining, and do you remember Mette Marit at her debut? just check the photos to see what she looked like... This dress is beautiful and this colour suits to kate very well and complement her tanned skin; this beige is THE spring colour in Paris at the moment with the purple. So no it's not boring.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Good points Rosapru.

I remember MM very well. Not impressed with her dress sense in the beginning at ALL. And as she became comfortable in role (along with Letizia, Mary, Maxima, etc.) she started to show a little personality. Of course, this could be Catherine's personality. No one has ever claimed Mathilde was a fashion trendsetter...but she dresses oh so nicely IMO. Classic. Elegant.

Closed Thread