The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Kate looks great. This dress really suits her.

The Reiss website just crashed, so it seems sales will definitely improve. Lol.
Yeah I can't get into the Men's section lol

Old 05-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

I like the dress, is nothing OMG! but then technically she's not the one to welcome them. The spotlight should be on the Obamas and QEII and Prince Phillip.

What I'm interested is the necklace. anyone knows where is is from?

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Nobility

Kate looks lovely..Her style is impeccable..Much more well dressed then the'other'female
Old 05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm not sure who makes the necklace, but you can see a better glimpse of it in a few of these photos.

Prince William and Catherine meet President Obama and First Lady Michelle- Lainey Gossip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Yeah I can't get into the Men's section lol
It look like they're working on it, so hopefully you'll be able to access it soon.

Quote:
Reiss
Due to unprecedented demand, Shola mania has crashed our website! We are endeavouring to bring the Reiss brand back to you ASAP!
21 minutes ago via web

Old 05-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Kate looks lovely..Her style is impeccable..Much more well dressed then the'other'female

The "other" female is the First Lady of the U.S. Michelle Obama...and I for one am very proud and grateful that she is.

But she did not look good in that outfit, that I agree with.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Courtier

I really like Kate's dress.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Reiss will be loving this plugging! It is a beautiful dress and looks so well against her nice new tan. Catherine's hair is stunning. Beautiful choice for a first Royal engagement as HRH.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Love the dress - dont think there was any particular need for the tiny black pointless clutch mind you

Old 05-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Aristocracy

she looks cute and very stylish. her hair...it's not that bad!!!! i like the whole style. i'll give her a 9.8
Old 05-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Love the dress - dont think there was any particular need for the tiny black pointless clutch mind you
Perhaps it's more about holding something so your hands are not free. I do the same when in meetings. I have to have something in hand to help with the nerves. Don't know why but it works :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Perhaps it's more about holding something so your hands are not free. I do the same when in meetings. I have to have something in hand to help with the nerves. Don't know why but it works :)
I have the same issue. if I don't have something in my hands to keep them occupied during classes/meetings/whatever, I'll start doing something that is less socially acceptable (like drumming on the table). For that reason, I keep something like a pen or paper clip in my bag/pocket book. Though Kate may have needed that clutch to hold things like make-up and phone.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I have the same issue. if I don't have something in my hands to keep them occupied during classes/meetings/whatever, I'll start doing something that is less socially acceptable (like drumming on the table). For that reason, I keep something like a pen or paper clip in my bag/pocket book. Though Kate may have needed that clutch to hold things like make-up and phone.
I am right there with you! Anything in my hand is better than nothing, I never know what to do with my hands if I have nothing to hold, how to place them? It may be a reason why she was holding the purse, but, as you mentioned, maybe she just needed a tiny something to hold a few small items, lipstick, maybe?
Old 05-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Majesty

She doesn't even look vaguely ill at ease....ICAM with everyone who posted that you would never know she is not a born aristo or Royal.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

I'd seen that dress on the Reiss site and liked it, but I agree with other posters that the color is rather "blah". I think it would work nicely in red, and the Duchess wears red well.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Majesty

i think it looks fantastic. that reiss dress looks great on her. the colour is also perfect with her honeymoon tan.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 PM

I like the Duchess' dress (I'm starting to warm up towards nude colors after believing its a blah color) but doesn't she look too thin here? Her arms are like toothpicks! Granted, she has a nice tan and tans can make you look thinner.

Sorry for being off-topic, but I hope Catherine puts on a bit of weight now that her wedding is over.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks beautiful! Very classic, simple and lovely on her.

The Queen always carries her black handbag, so why not Kate?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

She is just perfect, with the perfect dress, accessories and herself as beautiful as ever !
Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Great choice of outfit! Elegant & understated!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent

It's nice but nothing special IMO

Closed Thread