The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mermaid1962, I like her style, too. I hope she doesn't change it much, because it's very much my own, which is one of the reasons I've followed her fashion and style choices. She gives me good ideas that are not too expensive or too "high fashion".

But I wasn't suggesting a parka in place of the green shawl. I had in mind a simple, but nicely tailored, jacket with the jeans and flats for the grocery store run.

I love her dress. She looks so "official" now. Lovely couples

I really like the dress too. Glad to see her in something other than the usual blue.

Kate's dress is by Reiss
Lovely dress, cut & detailing, Kate managed to pull it off really well. It would've been great if it was another color as it seems a bit too old for her but its a classic piece in the camel color IMO.

The camel colour that Catherine wore today is very fashionable at the moment - Sophie Wessex and Princess Maxima from the Netherlands wore a similar colour at the wedding at BP last month.

I am also really pleased that she is continuing to wear "high street" brands. That really is a great endorsement for mainstream British brands. Thats a £175 well spent!

Lovely dress the best choice for the ocassion and for her, I really love the dress, she is lovely...I think we can say that the Duchess is dress as an English women and the 1st.lady is dress an an American women ;-))) We all agree on this for the first time...Catherine is lovely here!!!

A love her hair, that wild thing...of course it is a very well treat hair and it has to be...

I like the dress but not so excited about the color....with Kate's tan its clashing IMO. It would have been nice in coral or blue (I know she wears it a lot).

That being said...its a great dress..and Reiss must be excited about this! Sales will improve on this particular dress.

The dress is lovely and suits her a lot. But I don't like the shoes very much.

She looks lovely, tanned and relaxed.

Yes she looks a little thin but I think she has a small frame with narrow hips so if she looses a few pounds it really shows. But I think she looks healthy and happy.

The dress is beautiful and Kate looks good but it´s quite shocking how much she has lost weight in the last 6 months.

I LOVE that beige outfit with black accessories...wonderful!:)

Have to agree with LadyFinn...the weight loss is dramatic and even a little unflattering...it ages her a bit, imo.

She looks very stylish. I have to be honest I am not familiar with the Reiss namebrand is it very popular?

Kate looks great. This dress really suits her.

That being said...its a great dress..and Reiss must be excited about this! Sales will improve on this particular dress.
The Reiss website just crashed, so it seems sales will definitely improve. Lol.

Last edited:

I love the look. Elegant dress, beautiful shoes and purse, great tan. She look very stylish. Great job!

Cathine during a meeting with Obama and his wife.
Lovely dress with black purse and shoes
Catherine, hertogin van cambridge 24/05/2011 - Fashion of royals

I find the dress rather plain and boring to be honest and I agree with Zonk, it clashes with her tan. But all in all the outfit is okay, if she'd only do something with her hair and make up... I think she's a naturally slim girl, but I hope she stops dieting as she already looks quite haggard and not very feminine. I wish I could have said something more positive, but that's what I see.

Kate looks great. This dress really suits her.

The Reiss website just crashed, so it seems sales will definitely improve. Lol.

Yeah I can't get into the Men's section lol

I like the dress, is nothing OMG! but then technically she's not the one to welcome them. The spotlight should be on the Obamas and QEII and Prince Phillip.

What I'm interested is the necklace. anyone knows where is is from?

Last edited:
Kate looks lovely..Her style is impeccable..Much more well dressed then the'other'female

I'm not sure who makes the necklace, but you can see a better glimpse of it in a few of these photos.

Prince William and Catherine meet President Obama and First Lady Michelle- Lainey Gossip

Yeah I can't get into the Men's section lol

It look like they're working on it, so hopefully you'll be able to access it soon. :)

Reiss
Due to unprecedented demand, Shola mania has crashed our website! We are endeavouring to bring the Reiss brand back to you ASAP!
21 minutes ago via web

Last edited:
Kate looks lovely..Her style is impeccable..Much more well dressed then the'other'female

The "other" female is the First Lady of the U.S. Michelle Obama...and I for one am very proud and grateful that she is.

But she did not look good in that outfit, that I agree with.:ermm:

Reiss will be loving this plugging! It is a beautiful dress and looks so well against her nice new tan. Catherine's hair is stunning. :D Beautiful choice for a first Royal engagement as HRH. :D

Love the dress - dont think there was any particular need for the tiny black pointless clutch mind you

she looks cute and very stylish. her hair...it's not that bad!!!! i like the whole style. i'll give her a 9.8

Love the dress - dont think there was any particular need for the tiny black pointless clutch mind you

Perhaps it's more about holding something so your hands are not free. I do the same when in meetings. I have to have something in hand to help with the nerves. Don't know why but it works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom