The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make up too heavy hair boring lover the shoes and the bag liked the dress but am not not a fan of all that heavy beading.... thanks for all the fast posting.

Nice dress, appropriate for a new Duchess. I find her too thin but I'm showing my 44 years.

Wonderful outfit, she was really beautifully shining !

I think her overall look was marvellous but there was something not quite right. It wasn't until I saw the picture on the model that I realised that it was her hair. It was obscuring the shape and detail of the top of the dress.

So, yes, I would love to have seen her with a soft and feminine up do. I would have like to see if she carried herself any better than the model, although the model didn't have her accessories . . . . the earrings, the clutch, the shoes . . . . . . the handsome prince.

Hi Lady Catharine!

Greetings from Los Angeles!

What is the color of the BB lipstick and how much does it cost???

Thanks!

Snowball

Hi
She used/uses for her wedding Bobbi Brown in a 'gel liner' I bought it ..Its ok,,Im late 50's..so....it is a thicker liner..'art liner' is awe:whistling:some..Lighter and def better colors..

And I did buy her wedding BB blush and lipstick.. I love the Lipstick...I use to use BB cosmetics years ago and stopped..till now..:)

This is a rather personal comment~ I thought her wedding dress made her chest look funny and stand out too much~:ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply magnificent!

She is a pretty girl doing perfectly her task. Bravo!

I always the 'Who wore it better" features in magazines. Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl wore a very similar but shorter version of this dress in epsiode 20 of season 4 titled 'The Princesses and the Frog'. She wears the dress to meet a fake princess of Monaco. (Gossip Girl’s Stars Perfume Launch and Royal Connection)
Blair's Version
http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/61786.jpg
http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/wp-content/gallery/gg-4-20/61789.jpg

I think I like Catherine's version better.

I love the dress but I have to say that I think the shoes are ugly. No one needs to wear 4 inch heels or even 3 inch for that matter. There is nothing elegant about teetering along on these ridiculous stilts that the shoe industry is putting out there. If you watch women walk in these heels, their ankles are wobbling, their posture is thrown off and when they are standing still, their legs start to bend at the knee the opposite direction than they are supposed to bend. One of these days, someone is going to suffer a severe injury when they "fall off" their shoes and then maybe some sanity will return to shoes.

She looked gorgeous. Kate can pull of the sparkly, soft, girly look very well.

I am also in love with her shoes. And her hair. I'm glad she finally wore a more high end designer. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

{edit}She is probably having PR-people chosing her dresses right now, but I reall hope that she will develop some style of her own, she is probably scared to make a mistake which is understandable, but right now she looks like a mannequin, not like a real person with a sense for style.

I love the dress but I have to say that I think the shoes are ugly. No one needs to wear 4 inch heels or even 3 inch for that matter. There is nothing elegant about teetering along on these ridiculous stilts that the shoe industry is putting out there. If you watch women walk in these heels, their ankles are wobbling, their posture is thrown off and when they are standing still, their legs start to bend at the knee the opposite direction than they are supposed to bend. One of these days, someone is going to suffer a severe injury when they "fall off" their shoes and then maybe some sanity will return to shoes.

I would have to agree with you here. I don't wear any kind of heels (balance issues), and plan to keep it that way because I'm terrified of breaking my neck. Catherine is tall as is, so there's no need for such hight. I think two inch heels (or lower) would have been fine.

I, for once, like the makeup. It was a evening event so the darker shades in the eyes worked for me.
{edit}

I liked the gown better on Catherine than on the model.

I love the Jenny Packman dress{edit} Adore the L K Bennett shoes as they bring youth and fun to the outfit and the Prada clutch is also great. All in all a good outing for Kate

Overall, Kate looked very beautiful. The shoes? They are evening shoes...nothing special in my book.

I loved this dress when I saw it posted in another thread. Very wearable -- on the runway and off.

Last edited:
i wouldn't have liked this dress on other person. it is by far something that would strike me as elegant on a shop: the cut is excellent but the glitter is something i would probably imagine on jenny lo rather than on a royal.
however, kate manages to make it look great. she certainly makes everything look a million dollars!
the shoes are lovely...
i can't wait to see what she chooses for trooping the colour!

Well, I think she is awfully thin. Five pounds more and she would look beautiful. She is probably having PR-people chosing her dresses right now, but I reall hope that she will develop some style of her own, she is probably scared to make a mistake which is understandable, but right now she looks like a mannequin, not like a real person with a sense for style.

What brings you to this conclusion? Why would you think that she had not chosen the dress herself?

This dress is wonderful and looks good on Kate but she is too skinny IMO and unfortunately this gown shows it. But the color and details are gorgeous, whole looks is fresh and youthful. I like accessories too. The make-up is a little too heavy (especially the blush), the hair is to die for-long and healthy-looking.
Overall really good, I like the fact that she is promoting British designers.
Can't wait to see her at the Trooping and Canadian tour.

Love the gown on Catherine, its a different style that what we are used to and bodes well for her future. Wearing her hair down was smart and very youthful and all the accessories pulled everything together. She is incredibly thin! but its still the honeymoon phase so I'm not to worried about it just yet. Now for the eyeliner, I remember one poster saying once that he thought it was tattooed on because its always there and in a perfect shape around the eye. Tattooed makeup seems highly unlike Catherine but who knows, does anyone actually have any recent pics of her without eyeliner?

I love that Jenny Packham dress!Finally an outfit that I love out of her.

So tomorrow should be a fun day. What color you think she'll be wearing?
A bright and bold one would be nice, however taking into account that the real focus is HM, I'm predicting something more on the subdue side (hope I'm wrong)

Beautiful dress, demure, glamorous, and subtly sexy at the same time, and that's not an easy balance to achieve. She has quite good taste in that respect and always has.

I like the shoes, too. I realize that many people have a problem with very high heels, and there have been times when the Duchess has worn very high heels and a too-short hemlength, but with a long dress that's not an issue.

Could we PLEASE avoid discussions about weight here? There must be another section in which members could discuss them if they feel it's necessary. I've brought this up before, the fact that this is a fashion forum, not one for debating so-and-so's thinness or for mentioning some tabloid's claim that Prince William wants his wife to be "as thin as possible". We all know how "reliable" the tabloids are.

We're supposed to be talking about clothes. Let's stick to that subject, please.

I don't think the eyeliner is permanent, she just likes wearing a lot of it. While I do think she can go a little heavy with the eyeliner sometimes, I did actually like her makeup for this event.

Lots of people referred to pictures of her without eyeliner...I don't recall ever seeing it...can you post some links so I can see how she looks without it? TIA.

I've seen a few photos of her without eyeliner, but I can't seem to find them now. Here are a few where the eyeliner isn't so heavy.

Kate Middleton: Just Jared
Kate and Pippa tumblr- #1
Kate and Pippa tumblr-#2
Kate and Pippa tumblr-#3

I'm looking forward to seeing what she wears this weekend. We've got 3 events right? Polo, Trooping of the Colour and Order of the Garter.

Last edited:
I don't think the eyeliner is permanent, she just likes wearing a lot of it. While I do think she can go a little heavy with the eyeliner sometimes, I did actually her makeup for this event.

I've seen a few photos of her without eyeliner, but I can't seem to find them now. Here are a few where the eyeliner isn't so heavy.

Kate Middleton: Just Jared
Kate and Pippa tumblr- #1
Kate and Pippa tumblr-#2
Kate and Pippa tumblr-#3

I'm looking forward to seeing what she wears this weekend. We've got 3 events right? Polo, Trooping of the Color and Order of the Garter.
Tnks for all of the pics, Soap ;)

Well there is also the Royal Ascot which we can hope Catherine will attend. Diarist have said that there is a buzz around this. Any chance to see her sporting a nice chapeau has my approval :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom