The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 9: April 2018 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a dressing gown to me and far too busy. But I love her necklace, earrings, & wrap.

The Countess of Wessex opened the Centenary Lodge at Aldershot today, June 14:

** Full view **

Agree the gown is too busy for Sophie it engulfs her.

Yesterday's look was great - polished & professional.

Sophie looked lovely. A great professional look. I like the colours in particular.

This dress looks great on her, and I love her hat and hair. The horse print, to me, makes the dress a little more casual than a different print would, so maybe too casual for this occasion. But a different print would be fine, so it's probably just my mind being crazy. IOW, a typical Monday!! ?

:previous: She looks absolutely adorable with her "in style" hat. The first time she wore this in 2015 all I could see was horses, then I decided it was a black pattern and now it really works for me.

There is something very 'Dix-Huitième Siècle' [Eighteenth Century] about this look - The Hat, the Neckline and even the print [from a distance] looks like Toile de Jouy.

I [deeply] approve.

If only the black mess weren’t on the sleeves. Or if only she’d paired that dress and it’s sleeves with a bolder hat that tied in the black. As it is there’s a softness to the hat (admittedly, almost entirely because of its colors) that fights with the...stuff on the dress.

^Its a black frogging applique up the sleeves, which ties in with the Black netting on her hat.. I think it just doesn't 'read' that way in photographs..

If only the black mess weren’t on the sleeves. Or if only she’d paired that dress and it’s sleeves with a bolder hat that tied in the black. As it is there’s a softness to the hat (admittedly, almost entirely because of its colors) that fights with the...stuff on the dress.

The black netting trim on Sophie's hat co-ordinates with the black trim on the sleeves of her dress.

To me this classic Sophie. I like it.

LaRae

the posted images above look great. I saw a photo from the front where the two pleats wing out and make her hips look very wide, a terrible choice

No crazy about the sleeve otherwise love the colour on her and the hat .. I love a wider brim

EW again. Obvious she still part of the royal fold.

For some reason, I'm really digging this outfit. Love the color and the fact that it's a jumpsuit is crazy good! And the hat is freaking fabulous!

I like the color, and I like the hat. Beyond that, the split skirt is too wide and not especially flattering, the blouson makes her upper torso look short, and the black detail on the sleeves is theatrical, heavy, and a little random.

Not her worst, but not her best. And to give credit where it is due, the Countess really knows how to choose a hat.

When I first looked at this outfit I wasn't overly crazy about it but I love, love, love the hat. Girl knows how to pick 'em when it comes to headwear. However, the more I look at the outfit as a whole the more I'm liking it. The color is beautiful and looks lovely on Sophie and I'm loving the more contemporary look of the jumpsuit. The black detailing on the sleeves is kind of take it or leave it for me and I would agree that the torso area does make her look shorter there than she is but overall it's a winner.

I think it's great color on her and it photographs really well in this kind of venue. A smart choice, even if not a favorite when we pick it apart?

I really do like the color on her, but the black in the sleeves looks clumsy to me. And the hat...something’s just off. It’s almost good, but somehow sad and weighed down. Perhaps if it were just worn at a different angle I could see what some of you are enjoying about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom