The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 6: January 2014 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks amazing, does anyone know where these pics were taken?

Wow. Beautiful photos of the Countess!!!

I love the blue dress, it's stunning. The red Pilotto dress is nice, but I'm not a fan of the other ensemble. Bagshot Park is beautiful, especially the main entrance. I remember photos of Edward taken a few years ago and I'm sure they were in Bagshot Park as the blue room looks familiar.

I dont understand wearing a dress with crystals. Buy a plain dress and use your real jewels to embellish...IMO of course.

I really don't think the dress does much for her. Black is not a good color on her and the length makes her legs look short and thick. Also, not into costume jewels if you have got the real thing, or could maybe borrow?

The Countess of Wessex wearing three outfits for a Harper's Bazaar interview. Her blue dress is by Emilia Wickstead. My favourite outfit is her blue dress, I don't mind her red dress (but am not a fan of the orange belt) and my least favourite is her white coat and printed dress. Overall, Sophie looks very elegant and stylish:

Blue Emilia Wickstead ~ Printed dress with white coat ~ Red dress with orange belt

My favorite is the blue dress. Very beautiful!

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Outfit of the Day: February 11

Sophie looks wonderful! I love the classic design, the jewel, and the cut. This is one of her best looks.
She's 50 and fabulous. I really love how she embraces change. From the almost austere black midi sheath relieved only by a crystal and pearl shoulder embellishment to that beautifully romantic blue flared lace midi dress, Sophie shows she's not stuck in any groove, fashion or otherwise. She just knows what she likes, wears what she likes and is both elegant and fashionable.

I like her attention to detail. Her hair, while being shoulder length, is soft and fine and Sophie is just as likely to turn up with her hair in little waves (as with the blue dress), or in a classic chignon (as with the black sheath). The point is, she seems to match her hair to her style for the day. She's not a die-hard updo every day, nor is she "I want to be freeeeee" with her hair all over the place every day. Because every day is different and she rings the changes like the official BRF "accidental" fashionista she is.

I use the term accidental because Sophie never set out to be a clothes horse, it just seems that over time she has tweaked her royal wardrobe to perfection, be it a country show, a children's activity, ribbon cutting, or flying the royal fashion flag as one half of the BRF's official "go to" couple for European royal baptisms, weddings and other sundry royal anniversaries. Daywear with hats and classic accessories, or gala gowns and tiaras, Sophie's got it covered and manages to look happy, smiling and engaged whatever the occasion.

Sophie is not noted for any particular style or trend because she really is the total package, just Sophie being herself. Come to think of it, I think HM and PoE should give her another tiara just for looking so darned fine!

Except for the sag in the hem, love it!

This is actually a really nice outfit. The only thing I don't like is the weird hemline. It would have looked so much better if the hem were even.

I really like the outfit yes agree the hem is odd but I don't think it makes a huge effect on the general charm of the look. Love the hat

I don't like the design of the dress or the hat.

The hanging hem is the only thing I dislike about this look. Otherwise Sophie looks quite nice.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I loved Sophie's look today and the dress is beautiful. It's very similar to one she wore in Canada last September by the same designer (De le Renta. I also loved her hat today and her shoes. I thought it was risky for her to wear black and white but she made it look classic.

Sophie looked terrific. She is an inspiration for those of us over 50.

2, 2 10 pounds - for that- not worth it!:ohmy:

I think Sophie looked wonderful today, loved the dress and adored the updo and hat. The jury is still out on the hem of the dress - not really feeling the love there! But while her accessories were terrific . . . . then came the elephant in the room, the black cardi with the top button done up and I am certain I will never feel the love there! But overall she looked amazingly 'soft' for someone wearing something as 'sharp' as black and white and needless to say, Sophie did Edward proud.

As to comments about the cost of her dress? I think it's a shame that these questions are increasingly creeping into common usage on the fashion threads and instead of looking at an ensemble and saying someone looks lovely, OMG what was she thinking, so elegant, ill fitting, well suited, or whatever, we have a new criteria of "value for money".

Don't get me wrong, but cost and value for money is a very subjective notion on a very personal level. What I on my income consider value for money would be seen as rubbish to those of greater (designer stlye) income or considered spendthrift by someone on a lower, fixed income. It just plain takes the gilt off the gingerbread and the fun out of the discussion.

Commenting on ensembles that I could never hope to aspire to own or waxing lyrical about someones latest millinery masterpiece or monstrosity, regardless of the cost, shoud be pure, unadulterated, fun because, let's face it, relatively few of us would have the occasions to wear most of it so cost really isn't a factor. :flowers:

Other than the sagging hemline I think she looked lovely! I especially like the hairstyle and hat.

I think Sophie looked wonderful today, loved the dress and adored the updo and hat. The jury is still out on the hem of the dress - not really feeling the love there! But while her accessories were terrific . . . . then came the elephant in the room, the black cardi with the top button done up and I am certain I will never feel the love there! But overall she looked amazingly 'soft' for someone wearing something as 'sharp' as black and white and needless to say, Sophie did Edward proud.

As to comments about the cost of her dress? I think it's a shame that these questions are increasingly creeping into common usage on the fashion threads and instead of looking at an ensemble and saying someone looks lovely, OMG what was she thinking, so elegant, ill fitting, well suited, or whatever, we have a new criteria of "value for money".

Don't get me wrong, but cost and value for money is a very subjective notion on a very personal level. What I on my income consider value for money would be seen as rubbish to those of greater (designer stlye) income or considered spendthrift by someone on a lower, fixed income. It just plain takes the gilt off the gingerbread and the fun out of the discussion.

Commenting on ensembles that I could never hope to aspire to own or waxing lyrical about someones latest millinery masterpiece or monstrosity, regardless of the cost, shoud be pure, unadulterated, fun because, let's face it, relatively few of us would have the occasions to wear most of it so cost really isn't a factor. :flowers:
You know, I think you are right MARG. Sorry.

A cardigan is rather strange for this occasion as well. Surely a coat or a structured jacket would have been more appropriate. I remember Sophie being caught out for something like this before; i.e. wearing a cardigan or no jacket/coat when one have been appropriate.

I like her dress, asymmetrical though it was. I think that's a 'thing' now.:lol:

But while her accessories were terrific . . . . then came the elephant in the room, the black cardi with the top button done up and I am certain I will never feel the love there!

The asymmetric dress looked awkward and spoilt my impression of the look. Awkwardness of the dress was further aggravated by material pattern. I like the hat and hairstyle though.

I agree about the hem, Made my eye cross. Was told by buyer at Saks that we should really get used to this style {silly to me} as it will be shown in upscale places all over. That might be but not on this woman. A proper hem at nice length always look beautiful. As far as the price of 2210 pounds, can't comment until the fabric and linings are known. If it comes from a department store off rack, yes really high. If from a fashion house, maybe not.

This is actually a really nice outfit. The only thing I don't like is the weird hemline. It would have looked so much better if the hem were even.

I think the same. Sophie's hair is also lovely and elegant here. However, I do dislike the hat, as it's just not for me, though it does work well with the rest of the outfit.

I initially thought the extra material on the skirt was a separate sash of some sort, which might have been better as would a longer length of the hem being at the back. Nonetheless, Sophie looked radiant in every other respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom