The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not think that Sophie is in competition with Kate or anyone else; I think that she wants to look the best that she can for herself as well as her husband. I feel that she is dressing age appropriate, that back zipper was a bit risqué but it was still age appropriate.

And in all honesty, the younger royals do dress rather maturely on a whole, except Zara. JMO!

I am so so agree with you michelleq :) I think that blue tight outfit is the best one she have ever worn - just FANTASTIC :)

I am so so agree with you michelleq :) I think that blue tight outfit is the best one she have ever worn - just FANTASTIC :)

I agree as well and personally I think she's one of the best dressed royal ladies; she dresses her age. She's dressed really well long before Catherine married into the firm.

I have seen a photo of Sophie in Mays Tattler, attending the Wheel power party. She is wearing a black evening dress and carrying a very nice evening bag in the shape of a fan. Does anyone know where the bag came from?

God I WILL always hate Sophie in trousers. I love the colour but please Edward, burn these trousers and her white trousers. Please, I will pay you.

Just terrible. She has worn this before and I hate it. She gets it right 99.9% of the time but this is just not working on too many levels. Pleaty coat which is really full length with flappy trousers and then a hat(which I really liked at Zara's wedding) which just doesn't go with the outfit. And it is all beige blerrgh

I want my Sophie back.

MMM not great does she have this in white or is that someone else... I like the coat but I agree the whole thiong is very overwhelming I love the hat though.

Catherine has the coat in white and wore it to Trooping the Colour

I like the coat not with the pants the hat is nice. I think she was over dressed for the event.

i like the coat but not the trousers; i would have preferred her to wear a fitting skirt.

Surely that can be worn without the trousers?! Or it can be altered as such. It would look lovely.

From the one picture I saw, I thought she looked great. Wonderful full skirt on the coat, big hat to match. Nothing wrong with the trousers. The color looks pinky beige to me which suits her. Maybe it's funny looking from the front, she is a little short for all this, but I loved the image I saw.

The Countess of Wessex during a visit to the Chelsea Flower Show in London on May 20, 2013 wearing a dress with a strong print and a white jacket. The hair is very nice.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

The overall look is fine. The dress is too busy to my taste.

The dress has too much going on for be to like it, but the shape suits Sophie. I like the white jacket paired with the outfit and her hairstyle was beautiful. I like that Sophie does not try to cover her freckles, it's very natural.

I think the plain white jacket kind of balances the dress out. If Sophie wore this dress by itself, it would have given me a headache, because the pattern is indeed a bit too busy. As previously stated, the shape suits Sophie.

I am tired of her jackets over dresses and her undone hair. She needs a good hairdresser.

I was just about to say that I thought Sophie had been looking very nice lately, as I think the outfit for Chelsea was great, and I don't mind the slim fitting skirts and jackets; indeed I think they are most appropriate and suit her. And I had adored the peacock arrangement she wore to church at Easter (even if it was probably more appropriate for Ascot). But then I saw the photo of her at Prince Nicolai's confirmation. Yikes! What was she thinking? That flared coat needed a slimline skirt; actually I think it needed about a yard of fabric to be removed from the flaring, but with a pencil skirt underneath it would have been OK. But not with the pants. I like her in pants, and think Kate should wear them, too - it would save her from having to worry about skirt-blowing-up mishaps - but that voluminous jacket with the pants and big hat just looked wrong on so many levels. :eek:

Though I might be tempting the fates, I will say that I am pleased she seems to has passed through the flying-saucer/cabbage/squashed birds-on-side-of-head days.

I am tired of her jackets over dresses and her undone hair. She needs a good hairdresser.

Slightly surprised by the hair comment as Sophie often wears her hair up in some elegant styles. Her recent visit to the Chelsea Flower show for example.

The dress is lovely. I like the colors and the print. The white jacket was a nice match as it didn't add anymore strong color to the outfit. The hair was really nice for a change. The only thing I which she went for was a different shade of handbag. The beige did not look good.

:previous: Yes, the beige handbag didn't even seem to match the nude heels. I don't really understand this fad for flesh-coloured shoes. It apparently makes the legs look longer, but I like shoes to match handbags and preferably also either match, or contrast with, the outfit.

I think the plain white jacket kind of balances the dress out. If Sophie wore this dress by itself, it would have given me a headache, because the pattern is indeed a bit too busy. As previously stated, the shape suits Sophie.

I agree with you! I love the look.

Love the dress the coat has a consultant gone wrong feel but all in all she looks amazing...

Slightly surprised by the hair comment as Sophie often wears her hair up in some elegant styles. Her recent visit to the Chelsea Flower show for example.
You are right about that. I think I was referring to(in my head:whistling:her pulled back hair with the white dress and black blazer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom