The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the colour I love the jewels but i have to say I don't like the skirt ...

I can't think of anything that I like about that dress - colour is awful, style is ghastly, the whole thing is simply hideous.

However it is no worse then the rest of the appaling dresses that were worn for this function. It would have to be the worst collection of royal ladies in one place at one time I have seen I think forever.

I don't think there was a single lady there who looked good.

I do wish she had chosen a different colour, the dark colour does not reallly suit her. She does however get top marks simply because she is smiling, haha!

The close up pic of Sophie sat at the banquet suggests the gown is a lighter, more flattering shade. I would like to see a further full view of the gown as the one we have so far probably doesn't show it at its best- we need a still shot. I think Sophie looks very good in off shoulder gowns. I was just looking at a few shots of her at previous tiara events from a couple of years back and boy has she raised her game.

Attachments

• Sophie.jpg
    Sophie.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 316
  • Sophie2.jpg
    Sophie2.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
:previous:
Both look amazing :) especially Sophie :flowers:

I love this dress, the 50's style is beautiful and her shoes are sexy.

That dress is horrible and so is the hat, what is that horse print all about?

Sophie at the wedding reception:

Full View

The dress is beautiful but, I don't like the color on her. Not very flattering.
I completely agree-another color would make a great difference for Sophie . This one is boring, dull and unflattering.

I do wish she had chosen a different colour, the dark colour does not reallly suit her. She does however get top marks simply because she is smiling, haha!

The dress is a nice contrast to all those glittering ones, imo.
It may seem a bit drab but at least it doesn't compete with the jewels.

Huge disappointment today. This dress is so retro and even makes her look underdressed for such an important wedding. I'm not too fond of the weird fascinator either. :ermm:

I like this dress but not sure it was the best choice for a wedding. It would have been perfect for a different occasion.

I liked very much Sophie's dress at the wedding reception.
The print on the dress wore at the church ceremony looked like toile de jouy, so not very appropriate for a wedding. But the dress is beautiful and would have looked adorable in another kind of event.

Sophie at the wedding reception:

Full View

The dress is beautiful but, I don't like the color on her. Not very flattering.

I love the one-shoulder grey gown on Sophie! Great choice!

lol :lol: Fandesacs2003, you just reminded me... Grace Kelly's cabbage rose dress was her least favourite!!! :D:p

While I like the style of Sophie's dress for the wedding, I not sure about the horse print. It seems a bit odd. I didn't notice the horses at first. It just seemed to be black splotches until you look at it more closely. Her dress from the evening gala was lovely.

Sophie's fabulous necklace and tiara borrowed from HM made up for the dress which looked just ok
Agree she looked underdressed for the church. Need to be quite slim to carry off a Dior new look which would have been fine, in a more sumptuous fabric, longer, and no print.
Don't like any kind of black at weddings, old fashioned I guess.

With such a hat, I don't think she was underdressed! Actually, from the two photos, she seemes to have carried off the look superbly well ( even if it's not to everyone's taste). I agree the print is a little strange, but she seems to have a liking for such fabric, remember her frock for the Monaco Grand prix.

Sophie can enjoy a bit a quirkiness every now an then in her day dresses. I liked that her church wedding dress showed her spunky side balanced by that great hat (my favorite of the day out of all those hats).

I adored her dress last night - soft without being yet another nudeish color. The aquas looked great with that grey-taupe and her coloring. Sophie likes Aqua and I am always happy for her when she wears it. Every girl should have colored stones they dote on!

Don't like the print of the dress. That hat is awful!

Don't care for the religious ceremony dress, but love the cut of the reception dress. Maybe not so much the color, but the cut is wonderful.

I took a closer look and finally noticed the horses print. Well, I don't mind that actually. In general, I find these lady-like, 50's type of dresses so retro and blah... :yuk: I understand that since she bought it, she wanted to wear it somewhere. She chose the wrong occasion, IMO. I see no real quirkiness or rebellion here, sorry.

I love this dress, it is by Emilia Wickstead though apparently it is a bespoke version, as it is different to the variations on Wickstead's side. The sleeves are different, and the front version of Sophie's is different. It is a beautiful design I think, very 1950's. The shape suits Sophie and it makes her waist look REALLY small. Beautiful hat choice, and those Jimmy Choo heels are to die for.

Once again she looked awful. She normally looks good but at this wedding she was off both days.

I love this dress, it is by Emilia Wickstead though apparently it is a bespoke version, as it is different to the variations on Wickstead's side. The sleeves are different, and the front version of Sophie's is different. It is a beautiful design I think, very 1950's. The shape suits Sophie and it makes her waist look REALLY small. Beautiful hat choice, and those Jimmy Choo heels are to die for.
I agree. I thought she was a winner both last night and today. Certainly more chic than some of the ladies who are better known as royal fashion plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom