The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine has the coat in white and wore it to Trooping the Colour

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Courtier

I like the coat not with the pants the hat is nice. I think she was over dressed for the event.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

i like the coat but not the trousers; i would have preferred her to wear a fitting skirt.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Surely that can be worn without the trousers?! Or it can be altered as such. It would look lovely.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
May 9, 2013 - Sophie in a white dress matched with black jacket.

Full view ** Hair
This is not a good look. A dress with the coat would have looked better.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

From the one picture I saw, I thought she looked great. Wonderful full skirt on the coat, big hat to match. Nothing wrong with the trousers. The color looks pinky beige to me which suits her. Maybe it's funny looking from the front, she is a little short for all this, but I loved the image I saw.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Countess of Wessex during a visit to the Chelsea Flower Show in London on May 20, 2013 wearing a dress with a strong print and a white jacket. The hair is very nice.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Old 05-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The overall look is fine. The dress is too busy to my taste.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Commoner

Dress is a repeat by Peter Pilotto.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress has too much going on for be to like it, but the shape suits Sophie. I like the white jacket paired with the outfit and her hairstyle was beautiful. I like that Sophie does not try to cover her freckles, it's very natural.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Majesty

I think the plain white jacket kind of balances the dress out. If Sophie wore this dress by itself, it would have given me a headache, because the pattern is indeed a bit too busy. As previously stated, the shape suits Sophie.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am tired of her jackets over dresses and her undone hair. She needs a good hairdresser.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was just about to say that I thought Sophie had been looking very nice lately, as I think the outfit for Chelsea was great, and I don't mind the slim fitting skirts and jackets; indeed I think they are most appropriate and suit her. And I had adored the peacock arrangement she wore to church at Easter (even if it was probably more appropriate for Ascot). But then I saw the photo of her at Prince Nicolai's confirmation. Yikes! What was she thinking? That flared coat needed a slimline skirt; actually I think it needed about a yard of fabric to be removed from the flaring, but with a pencil skirt underneath it would have been OK. But not with the pants. I like her in pants, and think Kate should wear them, too - it would save her from having to worry about skirt-blowing-up mishaps - but that voluminous jacket with the pants and big hat just looked wrong on so many levels.

Though I might be tempting the fates, I will say that I am pleased she seems to has passed through the flying-saucer/cabbage/squashed birds-on-side-of-head days.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I am tired of her jackets over dresses and her undone hair. She needs a good hairdresser.
Slightly surprised by the hair comment as Sophie often wears her hair up in some elegant styles. Her recent visit to the Chelsea Flower show for example.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The dress is lovely. I like the colors and the print. The white jacket was a nice match as it didn't add anymore strong color to the outfit. The hair was really nice for a change. The only thing I which she went for was a different shade of handbag. The beige did not look good.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, the beige handbag didn't even seem to match the nude heels. I don't really understand this fad for flesh-coloured shoes. It apparently makes the legs look longer, but I like shoes to match handbags and preferably also either match, or contrast with, the outfit.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I think the plain white jacket kind of balances the dress out. If Sophie wore this dress by itself, it would have given me a headache, because the pattern is indeed a bit too busy. As previously stated, the shape suits Sophie.
I agree with you! I love the look.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the dress the coat has a consultant gone wrong feel but all in all she looks amazing...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post
Only one foto - Countess of Wessex in Denmark on the Confirmation of Prince Nicolai, the Earl's godson

http://plimg.no.publicus.com/gallery...w=596&Maxh=397

For me these pants and a long jacket does not look good together :/ Too big hat...
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8707/wers.jpg
Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Slightly surprised by the hair comment as Sophie often wears her hair up in some elegant styles. Her recent visit to the Chelsea Flower show for example.
You are right about that. I think I was referring to(in my headher pulled back hair with the white dress and black blazer.

Tags
british royals, countess of wessex's daytimewear, countess of wessex's eveningwear, countess of wessex's fashion, countess of wessex's style, sophie