The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While she's in Sweden, she could consult w/the royal hairdressers about tiara hair...

My lst thought was she had borrowed the dress Camilla wore to the opening of Parliament. The dress looks like a pale pink bridal dress that needs some under support (she's getting to that age).

She paired the dress with an aquamarine tiara. Not a good look.

I think Sophie is usually very well dressed, but her dress at the Swedish wedding, IMO, was very ill-fitting and matronly. I also thought her wedding tiara would probably have been a better match than the aquamarines.

Sophie looks very good and the colour complements Edward's uniform.

Could be the Alexander Mc Queen pant suit

Doesn't Catherine have a hat quite similar to that which Sophie wore today?

I liked Sophie's look for Trooping the Colour, especially the hat.

I thought Sophie looked quite smartly dressed for the Trooping, and I also liked her hat. But poor Edward in that silly looking uniform...

I didn't like Sophie's outfit - which is unusual. The hat - so like Catherine's but with a bigger curly-wurly and the dress/coat/coat-dress (???) was pinky beige which flatters no one.

She looks really good in stronger colours.

I will always not love that McQueen coat, but the colour and her hat were nice. Surprised she didn't have a fancy hair do though. I did find it amusing that both Sophie and Louise wore pale pink this year as they both did in 2011.

I don't like Edward's uniform, but that's just me. I prefer the morning suit and top hat look.

Love the dress is part of the suit from last year ?? she looks fab.

The Countess looked superb for the Garter Day festivities. I loved the dress when I saw it last year, and that hasn't changed. The hat is not bad. It does look better when one is looking straight at Sophie.

I really like her dress! I am on the fence about her hat, however.

I do love a bit of navy blue, my favourite clothing colour. Not sure I liked the black shoes paired with the dress though. I always thought black and blue was a fashion no-no.... I do love those shoes though.

I liked her hat, it's very "Sophie" and her hairstyle was beautiful.

I love the colour of the ensemble, and I need to see the bottom skirt/dress to give my final judgement, haha. I love her hat though and her earrings and the addition of her brooch.

I love the colour of the ensemble, and I need to see the bottom skirt/dress to give my final judgement, haha. I love her hat though and her earrings and the addition of her brooch.

I love the color and the jewelry as well. Hopefully we'll see a full-length picture of Sophie from today at some point.

Last edited:
Full length shots now:

Sophie
Sophie

I have to say I am in two minds now over this ensemble.... I can't help but think it looks a bit matronly, but I LOVE the colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom