The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Countess of Wessex with a two-coloured coat at the Christmas service yesterday, December 25:

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **
Love everything but the hat.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ Me too.

But the coat is great

Old 12-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Nobility

Sophie's Christmas outfits are IDed HERE
Old 12-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who sold her that coat? Is this natan by any chance? Simply awful, it is too tight, the wide tucks very unflattering, terrible place for bisecting the colors. Then, ugly brown tights which don't match the beige or black of the coat with black pumps and a feathery mess on her head? Her hair does look wonderful, but the outfit is one of her worst, imo.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Gentry

Are we looking at the same image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Who sold her that coat? Is this natan by any chance? Simply awful, it is too tight, the wide tucks very unflattering, terrible place for bisecting the colors. Then, ugly brown tights which don't match the beige or black of the coat with black pumps and a feathery mess on her head? Her hair does look wonderful, but the outfit is one of her worst, imo.
The coat looks terrific. Her tights look the way 60-70 denier black tights do, once they are stretched over flesh. A very together and "hip"look I'm thinking.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Visit to the Czech Republic - Day Outfit
Fotogalerie: Prezident Milo

Colour is nice, the jacket/dress/top coat thing looks awful! A tailored jacket cut at the waist would have looked lovely IMO.

Alexander McQueen thanks to info in the Events thread, not worth the money.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the colour but that coat is something else...It's also really odd to see Sophie in trousers. I like the change but I agree, a tailored jacket would have looked good. I like her shoes though - I am sucker for pointed heels.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Gentry

I would very happily wear that ensemble. Love the jacket.....steampunk in silhouette but conservative in colour. Just gorgeous.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

It is a long time since Sophie got it wrong but this is awful, IMO. No to the colour (blerrgh), the folds/pleats/length of the jacket and then matched with trousers. This is an adaptation of the white f/length coat Catherine wore to the Trooping of the Colour a few years ago.

Last time I remember a miss was the white jumpsuit she wore in Gibraltar.

But I love the fact she experiments.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Definite miss!
Don't like the jacket with the bedspread ruffle tie thing, and paired with those trousers? I like Sophie in color, and I have seen her in IMO, much more elegant outfits.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Colour is nice, the jacket/dress/top coat thing looks awful! A tailored jacket cut at the waist would have looked lovely IMO.

I could see it in a cooler Muslim country. Sometimes, if you ask a friend to take a front and back photo from about 15-20 feet away when you try on an outfit you can make a better decision.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the colour on her the pants are gorgeous the shoes lovely but the top is big and busy I like it but not on Sophie I am afraid to say IMO
Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I think Sophie has just got it wrong on this one, IMO.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
It is a long time since Sophie got it wrong but this is awful, IMO. No to the colour (blerrgh), the folds/pleats/length of the jacket and then matched with trousers. This is an adaptation of the white f/length coat Catherine wore to the Trooping of the Colour a few years ago.

Last time I remember a miss was the white jumpsuit she wore in Gibraltar.

But I love the fact she experiments.
I agree with you - this outfit and the jumpsuit are Sophie's fashion misses. They both should be ripped from her wardrobes and burnt...
Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Majesty

Oy. I'm not liking this look at all. The jacket just doesn't go with the choice of trousers (and I hope that a very helpful housekeeper will 'accidentally' put this little piece of 'originality' into a 'must be burnt' pile and soon).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Courtier

Beatrice and Eugenie lead the family firm to church for Easter Day at Windsor | Mail Online

There is a picture of Sophie in a bright blue outfit if you scroll down the article and she's wearing a very interesting hat!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 AM
Courtier

We have seen that hat before

Sophie Countess Of Wessex Attends Day 2 Of Royal Ascot
Old 03-31-2013, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought it looked familiar. I love her blue dress and jacket, which I believe are a Roland Mouret combination, though I am unsure about the hat. It's quirky and very Sophie, but I have to say I would not be best pleased if I had had to sit behind her in the chapel; the feathers would block my view somewhat!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Courtier

Yes it is Roland Mouret....
All - Roland Mouret Bronte Dress - Roland Mouret
All - Roland Mouret Solar Jacket - Roland Mouret
Old 03-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the colour of the dress and jacket and paired with her black Jimmy Choo's is a good look.

Sophie - her waist! She has an excellent figure. Sophie - the back of the coat and dress and her hairstyle.

Nice that Edward waited for them to walk in together.

Tags
british royals, countess of wessex's daytimewear, countess of wessex's eveningwear, countess of wessex's fashion, countess of wessex's style, sophie