The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the hat but that coat doesn´t look very well on her. She has better pieces in her wardrobe

I like the coat but that Fascinator belongs at a cocktail party not perched a atop the head of somebody dressed for December outdoors hike to church!

I don't care for the look at all. The coat would have looked a lot nicer if it were one color and one material. The fascinator reminds me of something one would put on one's coffee table for deciration. In simple words, this is a miss.

I love her new shoes, but I have to admit I am not a fan of the coat. If it was one block colour perhaps it would have been nicer, but the line separating the two colours is not in a great position, thus making her look bustier. Her fascinator is odd but it's festive, and so very Sophie, so I quite like it.

Her hair looks like it has been dyed again as it looks very blonde. I cannot imagine Sophie with any other hair colour!

Don't like the color combination of the coat.

Great combination ... perfect outfit :flowers:

Who sold her that coat? Is this natan by any chance? Simply awful, it is too tight, the wide tucks very unflattering, terrible place for bisecting the colors. Then, ugly brown tights which don't match the beige or black of the coat with black pumps and a feathery mess on her head? Her hair does look wonderful, but the outfit is one of her worst, imo.

Are we looking at the same image?

Who sold her that coat? Is this natan by any chance? Simply awful, it is too tight, the wide tucks very unflattering, terrible place for bisecting the colors. Then, ugly brown tights which don't match the beige or black of the coat with black pumps and a feathery mess on her head? Her hair does look wonderful, but the outfit is one of her worst, imo.

The coat looks terrific. Her tights look the way 60-70 denier black tights do, once they are stretched over flesh. A very together and "hip"look I'm thinking.

Visit to the Czech Republic - Day Outfit
Fotogalerie: Prezident Milo

Colour is nice, the jacket/dress/top coat thing looks awful! A tailored jacket cut at the waist would have looked lovely IMO.

Alexander McQueen thanks to info in the Events thread, not worth the money.

Last edited:
I like the colour but that coat is something else...It's also really odd to see Sophie in trousers. I like the change but I agree, a tailored jacket would have looked good. I like her shoes though - I am sucker for pointed heels.

I would very happily wear that ensemble. Love the jacket.....steampunk in silhouette but conservative in colour. Just gorgeous.

It is a long time since Sophie got it wrong but this is awful, IMO. No to the colour (blerrgh), the folds/pleats/length of the jacket and then matched with trousers. This is an adaptation of the white f/length coat Catherine wore to the Trooping of the Colour a few years ago.

Last time I remember a miss was the white jumpsuit she wore in Gibraltar.

But I love the fact she experiments.

Definite miss!
Don't like the jacket with the bedspread ruffle tie thing, and paired with those trousers? I like Sophie in color, and I have seen her in IMO, much more elegant outfits.

Colour is nice, the jacket/dress/top coat thing looks awful! A tailored jacket cut at the waist would have looked lovely IMO.

I could see it in a cooler Muslim country. Sometimes, if you ask a friend to take a front and back photo from about 15-20 feet away when you try on an outfit you can make a better decision.

I love the colour on her the pants are gorgeous the shoes lovely but the top is big and busy I like it but not on Sophie I am afraid to say IMO

I think Sophie has just got it wrong on this one, IMO.

It is a long time since Sophie got it wrong but this is awful, IMO. No to the colour (blerrgh), the folds/pleats/length of the jacket and then matched with trousers. This is an adaptation of the white f/length coat Catherine wore to the Trooping of the Colour a few years ago.

Last time I remember a miss was the white jumpsuit she wore in Gibraltar.

But I love the fact she experiments.

I agree with you - this outfit and the jumpsuit are Sophie's fashion misses. They both should be ripped from her wardrobes and burnt...

Oy. I'm not liking this look at all. The jacket just doesn't go with the choice of trousers (and I hope that a very helpful housekeeper will 'accidentally' put this little piece of 'originality' into a 'must be burnt' pile and soon).

I thought it looked familiar. I love her blue dress and jacket, which I believe are a Roland Mouret combination, though I am unsure about the hat. It's quirky and very Sophie, but I have to say I would not be best pleased if I had had to sit behind her in the chapel; the feathers would block my view somewhat!

I love the colour of the dress and jacket and paired with her black Jimmy Choo's is a good look.

Sophie - her waist! She has an excellent figure. Sophie - the back of the coat and dress and her hairstyle.

Nice that Edward waited for them to walk in together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom