The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

She was actually my favorite today, except for maybe Mary. I though Sophie rocked it- and that silhouette is so flattering to her figure.

And I didn't love her dress last night, but I didn't hate it- and the jewelry was awesome.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I like this dress from the church ceremon in Luxembourg. Fantastic joie de vive to the whole look!

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zx8av8.jpg
Not a fan of what Sophie wore in the above pic. The black hat is all wrong for the dress and the print of the dress is all wrong for church.

Edward, on the other hand, looks good - the gloves are a nice touch.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The shape suits Sophie and it makes her waist look REALLY small.

It makes her look very fat. In fact if I didn't know better I would have said she looked about 4 - 5 months pregnant in that dress - hardly making her waist look small but the exact opposite.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie

It makes her look very fat. In fact if I didn't know better I would have said she looked about 4 - 5 months pregnant in that dress - hardly making her waist look small but the exact opposite.
Please remind me never to show you my "fat" pictures.

If you think Sophie looks fat, I despair for how the rest of us look.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Sophie looked good, certainly no worse that what most of the other royal women were wearing. She's got a quirky side which I like so long as it's deployed in small doses (Princess Maxima take note!).
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Please remind me never to show you my "fat" pictures.

If you think Sophie looks fat, I despair for how the rest of us look.
Remind me too! I think Sophie looked well, the dress pulled her in at the waist (she was no doubt wearing excellent undergarments).

That is a slimmer waist than a lot of people her age. Sophie has obviously lost a lot of weight recently, and of course good underwear helps "nip" you in the right places. But how you can think she looks pregnant in that picture is beyond me.

Anywho, I also liked the quirky side of the dress. The horses were an odd touch, but it's Sophie all over.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

I think the Countess of Wessex looks nice in this dress. She has really come along way in the last couple of years and wears gowns that flatter her figure and doesn't go too overboard with frills and ruffles lol.
I put this look in the win category.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Courtier

I loved her choice for the gala dinner.She was lovely.
That's really nice to see her in another tiara.She deserve it since she is such a valuable addition to the British royal family
I didn't like the white/black outfit.The print is awful
The pleats around the hips makes her look wider than she actually is.
I nearly thought the dress was made by Nathan because of the pleats placed in the wrong place
Old 10-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Sophie looks stunning -> well done Countess
Totally agree, beautiful dress. She looks great.

Quote:
I like this dress from the church ceremon in Luxembourg. Fantastic joie de vive to the whole look!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2dt7gq9.jpg
Love the colours and the cut of the dress, although the print is a bit too much for me. The hat looks good with the type of the dress.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a feeling this hat will make an appearance at the Remembrance Service Balcony.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I have a feeling this hat will make an appearance at the Remembrance Service Balcony.
I certainly hope we'll see this hat again. It's very unique, and looks nice on Sophie.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I indeed have the same thought as well, just like the one she wore at Prince Albert's wedding last year and made it to the Remembrance Sunday.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 10-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Nobility

I think the Countess of Wessex looked better last year with Prince Albert's Wedding. But what disturbs me a bit with the Countess (and I really love love love her! - I have seen her from very close angle about 5 times now at Royal Ascot in the Enclosure; and she is a beauty. The comparison Diana/Sopie: I think Sophie looks best (said as a man) ) , but what disturbs me is her choice of hats. The diagonal structured hats are a bit in the style 'Oh no again!' I think that the Countess was beautifully dressed in the icy blue dress with hat on day 1 or 2 of 2012 Royal Ascot. With a hat with a wider brim, ... And when she opts for wider brims, then often an embellishment goes in under the brim and comes back again on the top, which I don't like either; so perhaps for hats other choices. I don't think that this hat is OK for Remembrance Sunday, as I didn't like her last year for Remembrance Sunday. The hat was OK for Monaco, not for Whitehall.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

FAT!!! Oh my God, NO! Of course Sophie is not skinny, but she has a nice figure, for he age and the maternities she had! She is a normal woman.

BTW who is the designed of the dress Sophie wore at the religious wedding ???? I LOVE it!!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
FAT!!! Oh my God, NO! Of course Sophie is not skinny, but she has a nice figure, for he age and the maternities she had! She is a normal woman.

BTW who is the designed of the dress Sophie wore at the religious wedding ???? I LOVE it!!!!

Emilia Wickstead
Old 10-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Gentry

Something about her (look?) makes me yawn. Can't put my finger on what exactly.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2dt7gq9.jpg
Simply stunning!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie's hats have almost become her trademark. I'd be disappointed if she chose to go for dull hats such as those worn by Mary of Denmark. Seeing Sophie in a boring hat would be like the Queen without a brooch and a string of pearls.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

It's almost de rigueur for Sophie to wear these bizarre (in my eyes) fascinators, an accessory I still can't wrap my head around. I like the combo of black and white, always elegant, but simply don't like the print. I think a solid would have better flattered and showcased the style of the dress. And by no means is she heavy looking, but has a stunning figure, such a healthy appearance next to some of the waif-like figures you see in royal circles.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
what? i actually thought about how it made her waist appear unusually tiny.. and though i am not a fan of the print, i thought the effect was rather remarkable

Tags
british royals, countess of wessex's daytimewear, countess of wessex's eveningwear, countess of wessex's fashion, countess of wessex's style, sophie