The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was actually my favorite today, except for maybe Mary. I though Sophie rocked it- and that silhouette is so flattering to her figure.

And I didn't love her dress last night, but I didn't hate it- and the jewelry was awesome.

I like this dress from the church ceremon in Luxembourg. Fantastic joie de vive to the whole look!

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zx8av8.jpg

Not a fan of what Sophie wore in the above pic. The black hat is all wrong for the dress and the print of the dress is all wrong for church.

Edward, on the other hand, looks good - the gloves are a nice touch.

The shape suits Sophie and it makes her waist look REALLY small.

It makes her look very fat. In fact if I didn't know better I would have said she looked about 4 - 5 months pregnant in that dress - hardly making her waist look small but the exact opposite.

Iluvbertie said:
It makes her look very fat. In fact if I didn't know better I would have said she looked about 4 - 5 months pregnant in that dress - hardly making her waist look small but the exact opposite.

Please remind me never to show you my "fat" pictures.

If you think Sophie looks fat, I despair for how the rest of us look.

I think Sophie looked good, certainly no worse that what most of the other royal women were wearing. She's got a quirky side which I like so long as it's deployed in small doses (Princess Maxima take note!).

Please remind me never to show you my "fat" pictures.

If you think Sophie looks fat, I despair for how the rest of us look.

Remind me too! I think Sophie looked well, the dress pulled her in at the waist (she was no doubt wearing excellent undergarments).

That is a slimmer waist than a lot of people her age. Sophie has obviously lost a lot of weight recently, and of course good underwear helps "nip" you in the right places. But how you can think she looks pregnant in that picture is beyond me.

Anywho, I also liked the quirky side of the dress. The horses were an odd touch, but it's Sophie all over.

I think the Countess of Wessex looks nice in this dress. She has really come along way in the last couple of years and wears gowns that flatter her figure and doesn't go too overboard with frills and ruffles lol.
I put this look in the win category.

I loved her choice for the gala dinner.She was lovely.
That's really nice to see her in another tiara.She deserve it since she is such a valuable addition to the British royal family
I didn't like the white/black outfit.The print is awful
The pleats around the hips makes her look wider than she actually is.
I nearly thought the dress was made by Nathan because of the pleats placed in the wrong place:D

I have a feeling this hat will make an appearance at the Remembrance Service Balcony.

I have a feeling this hat will make an appearance at the Remembrance Service Balcony.

I certainly hope we'll see this hat again. It's very unique, and looks nice on Sophie.

I indeed have the same thought as well, just like the one she wore at Prince Albert's wedding last year and made it to the Remembrance Sunday.

I think the Countess of Wessex looked better last year with Prince Albert's Wedding. But what disturbs me a bit with the Countess (and I really love love love her! - I have seen her from very close angle about 5 times now at Royal Ascot in the Enclosure; and she is a beauty. The comparison Diana/Sopie: I think Sophie looks best (said as a man) ) , but what disturbs me is her choice of hats. The diagonal structured hats are a bit in the style 'Oh no again!' I think that the Countess was beautifully dressed in the icy blue dress with hat on day 1 or 2 of 2012 Royal Ascot. With a hat with a wider brim, ... And when she opts for wider brims, then often an embellishment goes in under the brim and comes back again on the top, which I don't like either; so perhaps for hats other choices. I don't think that this hat is OK for Remembrance Sunday, as I didn't like her last year for Remembrance Sunday. The hat was OK for Monaco, not for Whitehall.

FAT!!! Oh my God, NO! Of course Sophie is not skinny, but she has a nice figure, for he age and the maternities she had! She is a normal woman.

BTW who is the designed of the dress Sophie wore at the religious wedding ???? I LOVE it!!!!

FAT!!! Oh my God, NO! Of course Sophie is not skinny, but she has a nice figure, for he age and the maternities she had! She is a normal woman.

BTW who is the designed of the dress Sophie wore at the religious wedding ???? I LOVE it!!!!

Emilia Wickstead

Something about her (look?) makes me yawn. Can't put my finger on what exactly.

Sophie's hats have almost become her trademark. I'd be disappointed if she chose to go for dull hats such as those worn by Mary of Denmark. Seeing Sophie in a boring hat would be like the Queen without a brooch and a string of pearls.

It's almost de rigueur for Sophie to wear these bizarre (in my eyes) fascinators, an accessory I still can't wrap my head around. I like the combo of black and white, always elegant, but simply don't like the print. I think a solid would have better flattered and showcased the style of the dress. And by no means is she heavy looking, but has a stunning figure, such a healthy appearance next to some of the waif-like figures you see in royal circles.

what?:ohmy: i actually thought about how it made her waist appear unusually tiny.. and though i am not a fan of the print, i thought the effect was rather remarkable

A credit to the BRF. The Countess of Wessex gives Charles and William a reliable 'go to' person along with her husband. I think the 'core group' including C&C, W&C and Sophie and Edward. BTW, how gorgeous does HRH look in these photos?

Sophie looks fabulous. The hat adds some flair, and I love the shade of purple. And how sweet is she with the little girl? That picture melts my heart.

I just adore Sophie's sprinkling of freckles! They show up well in these photos. So CUTE!

Sorry, I hate the hat and the jacket. She has done much better.

Love what I can see of the skirt ... She really looks amazing and am looking foprward to Malta and her outfits there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom