The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
Here is a photo from last year. This blog keeps up with all the royal hats.
British Royals on Christmas Day | Royal Hats
Thanks for the link Shelo. It's not as odd as I expected it to be, but it's defiantly something different!

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

It is different alright, but I really like it! It's not outrageous, but rather subtle. A nice change from some of the silly hats we see.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
ITA. Really everything she wore was unflattering. Though she's put on some weight lately too.
REALLY?
You find her coat and heels unflattering?
This? http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Prince+...tess+of+Wessex
Hmm, I think she looks classy, elegant and simply great.

Her hat from last year/more a headpiece is by Jane Taylor and has Swarowski crystals. You can view it here. http://www.janetaylormillinery.com/onlinestore/ofelia
Her coat was by Bruce Oldfield, heels by LK Bennet.

Btw her new hat is again by Jane Taylor
http://www.janetaylormillinery.com/onlinestore/venita (in black)
white coat by Proenza Schuler.
Heels by LK Bennett. Her wedges are also LK Bennett.
Her navy coat she wore in the morning is by Emilia Wickstead.

As for Louise, her coat from Christmas Ascot is by Pale Cloud.

Sophie is my favourite royal. I agree, she used to wear some horrid outfits in the past, but since 2010-2011, she's never been the same as before. She stepped up the game, and I am looking forward to year 2014, I'm sure it will bring us many lovely memories.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Sophie looked wonderful in the white coat and kept everything simple with matching it with black. Im not a fan of her hat, it was way too small.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I prefer the coat from this Christmas than last Christmas. The brown coat was nice last year, but the white coat this year was much nicer and classier. I like her black boots - I need a pair of those in my life. Her hat is a typical Sophie hat - small and quirky, as usual.

The antler style from last year is by far my favourite so far, just for the quirkiness of it!

Louise's Christmas Coat is by Alice Temperley, which can be bought in John Lewis. I hadn't realised she did a children's line, and her children's line is quite affordable. Unlike the Pale Cloud clothes!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Pics from today, Sophie in Emilia Wickstead and LK Bennett heels. Hat looks new to me, possibly Jane Taylor version of Chloe hat:
Chloe - Millinery - Online Store
Louise in her old coat that was never ID'd.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ndringham.html
Old 12-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Sophie's outfit reminds me of Sherlock Holmes, I don't know why. She looks nice and elegant nonetheless.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Like this hat on her, much better than the black little thing on Christmas Day.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:50 PM
Majesty

Lovely, and elegant as always.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Sophie in her fedora and deep blue coat is one of her best looks. The fedora gives such panache to the outfit, and I like the neckline of the coat and scarf tucked into the collar.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I think Sophie in her fedora and deep blue coat is one of her best looks. The fedora gives such panache to the outfit, and I like the neckline of the coat and scarf tucked into the collar.
I agree, it gives the edge!
It reminds me of her look from last year in huge hat, she had for years.
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...at-950x0-1.jpg
Old 12-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I totally agree, Baroness! Panache is the perfect word. And how nice to see an actual hat instead of those saucer-like thingies that are slapped on the side of the head...
Old 12-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
Pics from today, Sophie in Emilia Wickstead and LK Bennett heels. Hat looks new to me, possibly Jane Taylor version of Chloe hat:
Chloe - Millinery - Online Store
Louise in her old coat that was never ID'd.
Crestfallen, the boy denied a royal audience: Children left disappointed after Queen breaks with tradition by not accepting flowers following church service in Sandringham | Mail Online
I need that hat in my life - it's so lovely.

I wonder who did make Louise's coat. I tried googling green princess style coats but got nowhere.

Totally unrelated but I just saw on your FB page Anna that Edward's scarf was an Aquascutum scarf, so naturally I had to google that. I cannot believe how expensive his scarf is!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
REALLY?
You find her coat and heels unflattering?
This? Prince Edward and Countess of Wessex Photos - Zimbio
Hmm, I think she looks classy, elegant and simply great.

Her hat from last year/more a headpiece is by Jane Taylor and has Swarowski crystals. You can view it here. Ofelia - Online Store
Her coat was by Bruce Oldfield, heels by LK Bennet.

Btw her new hat is again by Jane Taylor
Venita - Online Store (in black)
white coat by Proenza Schuler.
Heels by LK Bennett. Her wedges are also LK Bennett.
Her navy coat she wore in the morning is by Emilia Wickstead.

As for Louise, her coat from Christmas Ascot is by Pale Cloud.

Sophie is my favourite royal. I agree, she used to wear some horrid outfits in the past, but since 2010-2011, she's never been the same as before. She stepped up the game, and I am looking forward to year 2014, I'm sure it will bring us many lovely memories.
Ummmm...I can tell she's your favorite royal. Different posters might have differing opinions of her clothes. That's what makes the world interesting!

I think she usually dresses safely and appropriately, in an attractive way. But in those pics I was referencing, no.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Totally unrelated but I just saw on your FB page Anna that Edward's scarf was an Aquascutum scarf, so naturally I had to google that. I cannot believe how expensive his scarf is!
Molly, I recognized it, as Kate has Aquascutum scarf, but hers is for woman, much longer and not woven.
I have this scarf as well, but Edward's version, which is shorter and woven. Try ebay, you can find amazing deals, of course if you don't hate the idea of previously used things. I couldn't afford version straight from the shop.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Lovely look.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Time to close this thread! Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.

Tags
british royals, countess of wessex's daytimewear, countess of wessex's eveningwear, countess of wessex's fashion, countess of wessex's style, sophie