The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion she needs to burn those wedge heeled boots. I hate wedge heeled boots/shoes/sandals. I think they always look clunky and never elegant. :yuk:

ITA. Really everything she wore was unflattering. Though she's put on some weight lately too.

Sophie loves an odd hat! Remember her antler's last year?

I think Sophie looked lovely and I am glad she wore boots as I always think the women's legs must be freezing. Sophie also got the seal of approval from my brother as I was reading the Daily Mail article online as he went, "I have always liked that blonde one. In fact, I like blondes and she's one I like."

Ps. I love your avatar. They are such cute little girls.

Antlers? Please do refresh my memory!:D

I agree about how awful the wedge boots are. And, they must be very dangerous to wear too, very easy to turn your ankle.
Didn't like the little hat for the later service also. Otherwise, she looked fine.

The hat and boots aside, Sophie looked quite elegant on Christmas Day.

Sophie loves an odd hat! Remember her antler's last year?

I think Sophie looked lovely and I am glad she wore boots as I always think the women's legs must be freezing. Sophie also got the seal of approval from my brother as I was reading the Daily Mail article online as he went, "I have always liked that blonde one. In fact, I like blondes and she's one I like."

Ps. I love your avatar. They are such cute little girls.

I tried a Google search for Sophie's antler hat, but couldn't find what I was looking for - I would love to see a photo!

P.S. = You're welcome, Molly. Aren't they just? :)

It looks like antler's, right? Sophie's quirky.

It is different alright, but I really like it! It's not outrageous, but rather subtle. A nice change from some of the silly hats we see.

ITA. Really everything she wore was unflattering. Though she's put on some weight lately too.
REALLY?
You find her coat and heels unflattering?:ermm:
This? http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Prince+Edwar/Countess+of+Wessex
Hmm, I think she looks classy, elegant and simply great.

Her hat from last year/more a headpiece is by Jane Taylor and has Swarowski crystals. You can view it here. http://www.janetaylormillinery.com/onlinestore/ofelia
Her coat was by Bruce Oldfield, heels by LK Bennet.

Btw her new hat is again by Jane Taylor
http://www.janetaylormillinery.com/onlinestore/venita (in black)
white coat by Proenza Schuler.
Heels by LK Bennett. Her wedges are also LK Bennett.
Her navy coat she wore in the morning is by Emilia Wickstead.

As for Louise, her coat from Christmas Ascot is by Pale Cloud.

Sophie is my favourite royal. I agree, she used to wear some horrid outfits in the past, but since 2010-2011, she's never been the same as before. She stepped up the game, and I am looking forward to year 2014, I'm sure it will bring us many lovely memories.

Last edited:
Sophie looked wonderful in the white coat and kept everything simple with matching it with black. Im not a fan of her hat, it was way too small.

I prefer the coat from this Christmas than last Christmas. The brown coat was nice last year, but the white coat this year was much nicer and classier. I like her black boots - I need a pair of those in my life. Her hat is a typical Sophie hat - small and quirky, as usual.

The antler style from last year is by far my favourite so far, just for the quirkiness of it!

Louise's Christmas Coat is by Alice Temperley, which can be bought in John Lewis. I hadn't realised she did a children's line, and her children's line is quite affordable. Unlike the Pale Cloud clothes!

Sophie's outfit reminds me of Sherlock Holmes, I don't know why. She looks nice and elegant nonetheless.

Like this hat on her, much better than the black little thing on Christmas Day.

I think Sophie in her fedora and deep blue coat is one of her best looks. The fedora gives such panache to the outfit, and I like the neckline of the coat and scarf tucked into the collar.

Last edited:
I totally agree, Baroness! Panache is the perfect word. And how nice to see an actual hat instead of those saucer-like thingies that are slapped on the side of the head...

Pics from today, Sophie in Emilia Wickstead and LK Bennett heels. Hat looks new to me, possibly Jane Taylor version of Chloe hat:
Chloe - Millinery - Online Store
Louise in her old coat that was never ID'd.
Crestfallen, the boy denied a royal audience: Children left disappointed after Queen breaks with tradition by not accepting flowers following church service in Sandringham | Mail Online

I need that hat in my life - it's so lovely.

I wonder who did make Louise's coat. I tried googling green princess style coats but got nowhere.

Totally unrelated but I just saw on your FB page Anna that Edward's scarf was an Aquascutum scarf, so naturally I had to google that. I cannot believe how expensive his scarf is!

Last edited:
REALLY?
You find her coat and heels unflattering?:ermm:
This? Prince Edward and Countess of Wessex Photos - Zimbio
Hmm, I think she looks classy, elegant and simply great.

Her hat from last year/more a headpiece is by Jane Taylor and has Swarowski crystals. You can view it here. Ofelia - Online Store
Her coat was by Bruce Oldfield, heels by LK Bennet.

Btw her new hat is again by Jane Taylor
Venita - Online Store (in black)
white coat by Proenza Schuler.
Heels by LK Bennett. Her wedges are also LK Bennett.
Her navy coat she wore in the morning is by Emilia Wickstead.

As for Louise, her coat from Christmas Ascot is by Pale Cloud.

Sophie is my favourite royal. I agree, she used to wear some horrid outfits in the past, but since 2010-2011, she's never been the same as before. She stepped up the game, and I am looking forward to year 2014, I'm sure it will bring us many lovely memories.

Ummmm...I can tell she's your favorite royal. Different posters might have differing opinions of her clothes. That's what makes the world interesting!

I think she usually dresses safely and appropriately, in an attractive way. But in those pics I was referencing, no.

Totally unrelated but I just saw on your FB page Anna that Edward's scarf was an Aquascutum scarf, so naturally I had to google that. I cannot believe how expensive his scarf is!
Molly, I recognized it, as Kate has Aquascutum scarf, but hers is for woman, much longer and not woven.
I have this scarf as well, but Edward's version, which is shorter and woven. Try ebay, you can find amazing deals, of course if you don't hate the idea of previously used things. I couldn't afford version straight from the shop.

Time to close this thread! Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom