The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Majesty

Sophie looked OK. I love Louise's dress and cardigan. The shoes are a bit chunky for the look, but if she's comfortable, then whatever.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

I really love it!! Ethereal, delicate, beautiful and classic hat, and so appropriate for early summer. Plus, so on-trend with the lace.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
She had another "accessory," Lady Louise looking rather mother-daughter!
Lady Louise Windsor And Sophie Rhys Jones Countess Of
Sophie looks lovely! My favourite bit of her outfit is the hat. Lady Louise's outfit is very nice too, it reminds me of the one she wore to the Jubilee Service at St Paul's Cathedral last year.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hlsingland and Gstrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked Sophie's dress, hat and hairstyle but hated her shoes. I love Louise's dress but a bit disappointed that it is a repeat from the Diamond Jubilee service. She looks so much more grown up that last June though!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Lady Louise

I think that it is quite wise for Lady Louise to be dressed in a rather old-fashioned and unstylish way. She doesn't need to have attention directed to her at her age, and being very un-modish is helpful toward that end.
She's pretty, though, and her hair is a lovely color.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

Really disliked the dress. A rare fail for Sophie. The hat is okay, but I'm a little surprised about the shoes. I thought open-toed shoes during royal "events" was a no-no? I have no idea where I read this so it's possible someone was pulling my leg.

Louise is cuter than a basket full of puppies.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Louise looks nice.

Sophie looks too frilly for a church service. The dark undergarments and the buttons in the front with the belt make the dress look too tight and looks like her bossoms are at her waist.

The open toe high heel sandals match the dress but not the occasion.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Basketfull of puppies! I love that. Louise did look so cute, as she always does. She is so TALL. Scary to think she'll be 10 this year. She was technically at the 50th Coronation anniversary as Sophie was pregnant, so she's been to two!

I hate Sophie's shoes, particularly with tights. I don't understand what she thought when she woke up this morning and thought it would be an ok look. Meh. I loved her dress and hat though.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I hate Sophie's shoes, particularly with tights.
And yet, I really liked her shoes; i thought her legs looked great; the dress being a good length for her, as she is not particularly tall. Didn't like the neckline, though; a bit informal.

Won't it be interesting to see Louise when she becomes a teenager? She's got such stunning hair, and she will probably be quite tall.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Loved the outfit except the droopy bustline, they did seem at her waist!
What a lovely, feminine look, and she did look well paired with her daughter.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Aristocracy

Ewwww.

This is just ALL wrong, from the word "GO!"
Old 06-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Countess of Wessex at Princess Madeleine's wedding in Sweden today, June 8, wearing a long dress in creme with a lace part - a very beautiful, elegant nighty

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 06-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Sophie looked wonderful, she's definitely one of my favourites of today's looks.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Countess of Wessex at Princess Madeleine's wedding in Sweden today, June 8, wearing a long dress in creme with a lace part - a very beautiful, elegant nighty

PERFECT
Old 06-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks lovely.

2 niggles - the seams about half way down the skirt part of the dress - why? I think it would look better without those.

I'm not into matchy-matchy but Aquamarines with pink doesn't go IMO. If that dress had been a blue (but not pastel) it would have worked.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Well put Ice, an elegant nighty.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Perfect description!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think she looks lovely.

2 niggles - the seams about half way down the skirt part of the dress - why? I think it would look better without those.

I'm not into matchy-matchy but Aquamarines with pink doesn't go IMO. If that dress had been a blue (but not pastel) it would have worked.
I agree about the seams. I love her in the aquamarine, and I think these are coordinating colors.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Stunning just so simple and totally perfect.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I hadn't thought of it as a nighty, but now I cannot stop! It is a beautiful dress, and I love her pointed shoes. I am always in love with pointed shoes. Love the Aquamarine tiara, nice choice Sophie.

Tags
british royals, countess of wessex's daytimewear, countess of wessex's eveningwear, countess of wessex's fashion, countess of wessex's style, sophie