The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 5: September 2012 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The teal blue is stunning, but I don't like the style; it does look somewhat matronly. I don't think I like the beige accessories with the outfit, either.

Last edited:
I love the teal blue and love the top, but I don't like the fitted middle.

Now that I've seen the full outfit, I have to say that the color and the hat are the only redeeming qualities for me. The style ages Sophie quite a bit.

It has an EW feel about it and though I am not a fan of that colour it's very pretty on her but I just am not sure about the dress there'e just sonething I don't like about it.

The colour is great but there is too much going on. Gathers from bust to waist; pleats at the side; wide at the hem; fitted at the top; fold at the neck ....... Its just too much.

Full length shots now:

Sophie
Sophie

I have to say I am in two minds now over this ensemble.... I can't help but think it looks a bit matronly, but I LOVE the colour.

Love the color and the hat, but the style is too old for Sophie.

I totally agree with cepe. Way too much going on. I do like her hat.

Love the color and the hat, but the style is too old for Sophie.

I love this very retro-inspired dress- it reminds me of some of Lady Sarah Chatto's clothing. The style is too old for Sophie or makes her look matronly? She is 48 years old and she is a matron!

Yes, too much going on for a woman of her size. Puts on the pounds. Love the earrings though.

The colour is great but there is too much going on. Gathers from bust to waist; pleats at the side; wide at the hem; fitted at the top; fold at the neck ....... Its just too much.

Yup, cepe - and it is also not that flattering. I do love how Sophie backs her bets though. She is into it!

LOVE the color. That's about it.

What's the deal? People are wearing name badges or something?? :ermm:

LOVE the color. That's about it.

What's the deal? People are wearing name badges or something?? :ermm:

I believe the badges are necessary for the royal enclosure (except the queen of course)

Love the hat and I liked the look of the dress until I saw it full length. It really does look home made (Emilia Wickstead maybe??) and the skirt sticks out at angles because the fabric is so stiff (or cut incorrectly).

Keep the hat; bin the dress.

I have to say that the hat is the saving factor in this outfit, and I'm not even that keen on the hat! But the pop of color is a nice touch against an otherwise bland outfit.

Last edited:
I love the hat but the dress is too long IMO it appears very matronly.

It is way too long and not very well made. I'm not really liking the hat, but she still looks quite pretty in spite of it all!

It's an all right look, but nothing special. The hat is nice.

Really not an attractive cut for her. Like the purple in the hat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 4 outfit is a total miss. The top is just way too loose and unflattering. It looks like she is mourning rather than attending an event which is usually a very colourful event. The only thing I like is the hat.

That was my first thought- good for a funeral.

its just very unflattering. She could loan it to Kate as a maternity top. the hat is lovely though

I love it maybe that I have a coat almost exactly the same ... [not pregnant BTW] but I love the stripes and the swing coaats are a bit of an obsession with me at the moment so am going against the general flow here and have to love!!!!

This is definitely a miss. The top is ill-fitting and loose, and the color overall is very drab. This would be good for a wake or a funeral, and that's about it. The hat is lovely, however.

I love the style of swing jacket and straight skirt but I think it all needs a pop of colour somewhere. The jacket might be textured because I dont think its absolutely plain. Its different and I like that. So much better that Day 2s beige box. Loving the hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom