The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 4: May 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wonderful silk shantung coat. Good color and neckline for her. Like the hair and even the hat

That's a very nice coat, she looks great! Don't like the hat though.

The nude shoes from the Thanksgiving Service are not her usual, they are Jimmy Choos which she wore to Catherine and Zara's weddings. Her usual ones are LK Bennets, which she wore to Founders Day. The Jimmy Chood have a much higher heel.

Are there any better pix of Sophie in the blue outfit from the Thanksgiving event?

It most likely did, or she was wearing some sort of slip under it. Sometimes, with skirts/dresses that are on the thin side, or are lacy, stockings may not be enough or a concealer.

This is a lovely look for the Countess. I love the black belt. Makes for good contrast.

:previous:
I think that it's nude lining :flowers: otherwise it would be to short ;)

Sophie looks wonderful in that color and I love her clutch. The girls are really adorable, too.

She looks fantastic in that red outfit!

Courtesy of MagMil, who posted these pictures in the 'E&C of Wessex Current Events' thread. Sophie, during an engagement today, wearing a stunning red ensemble and nude heels. She's also holding a nude clutch. Red is really a great color on her.

Upper part:
Edward and Sophie wow Chichester crowds - News - Portsmouth News

Full View:
http://www.inframeweddings.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/98E9568.jpg

Great color , beautiful woman :) Outfit suit to her amazing :flowers:
Keep going Sophie!!! :rose:

Sophie has same dress like the McQueen's dress that Kate was wear at Diamond Jubilee Pageant, but Sophie has wore previously in March, 2012 :)

Little Ellie Kaye captivates Royal visitor Sophie Countess of Wessex at Castle Hill School: Fantastic pictures - Local West Yorkshire News - News - Huddersfield Examiner

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - she looks great - but what about that tie? :sad: Alone and Edward is a winner in the dapper dress award contest - but a green tie with her red dress? :shock: Do you think its a sign that the marriage is in trouble?:p ;)

They do not co-ordinate their clothes, so i would not read into it.

I love Sophie in red, she looks stunning. I had not noticed Sophie had the same dress as catherine, well spotted.

I agree - she looks great - but what about that tie? :sad: Alone and Edward is a winner in the dapper dress award contest - but a green tie with her red dress? :shock: Do you think its a sign that the marriage is in trouble?:p ;)

They do not co-ordinate their clothes, so i would not read into it.

I love Sophie in red, she looks stunning. I had not noticed Sophie had the same dress as catherine, well spotted.

In the years, they rarely co-ordinate their clothes :) , so I'm with you Molly ;), no conclusion of this :)

Sophie has same dress like the McQueen's dress that Kate was wear at Diamond Jubilee Pageant, but Sophie has wore previously in March, 2012 :)

Little Ellie Kaye captivates Royal visitor Sophie Countess of Wessex at Castle Hill School: Fantastic pictures - Local West Yorkshire News - News - Huddersfield Examiner
Looks like she is absolutely squeezed into this dress as the closures are coming up and not lying lat as they should.
As a slim, but not underweight woman, Sophie should stay away from pleats.
Great heair, and nice earrings, that she also appears to share w/the D of Cambridge:ohmy:

Looks like she is absolutely squeezed into this dress as the closures are coming up and not lying lat as they should.
Great heair, and nice earrings, that she also appears to share w/the D of Cambridge:ohmy:
Sophie wore both the dress and the earrings first, so I doubt she's deliberately copying in any way; if anything the opposite is more plausible.
The Countess looks wonderful in red. :)

Sophie wore both the dress and the earrings first, so I doubt she's deliberately copying in any way; if anything the opposite is more plausible.
The Countess looks wonderful in red. :)

Yup I wrote that she has wore this outfit in March and Kate in June :D
And because of that, Countess of Wessex can not copy Kate :lol:

Whoa, I wrote that they seem to share one outfit and a pair of earrings, and did not even imply anyone was copying anyone.
Why Kate, or anyone in her position, would wear the same dress as someone also in the public eye, is beyond me. Can only be put down to an error.

Whoa, I wrote that they seem to share one outfit and a pair of earrings, and did not even imply anyone was copying anyone.
Why Kate, or anyone in her position, would wear the same dress as someone also in the public eye, is beyond me. Can only be put down to an error.
I am sorry, I wasn't suggesting otherwise; just pointed out the chronology. :)
I guess both Sophie and Kate liked the red dress; no reason for either not to wear it.

I am sorry, I wasn't suggesting otherwise; just pointed out the chronology. :)
I guess both Sophie and Kate liked the red dress; no reason for either not to wear it.
Thank you for your reply. All the clothes and fashion designers out there, especially up and coming ones in all the London schools, and they wear the same dress!
Also, I'm afraid I would not have the confidence to wear the same dress a much younger and thinner woman had just worn.:eek:

Great color , beautiful woman :) Outfit suit to her amazing :flowers:
Keep going Sophie!!! :rose:

Sophie's red dress is from Emilia Wickstead; not McQueen. Kate wore the same Emilia Wickstead dress in pink during the Jubilee lunch for Monarchs and during a Garden party at Buckingham Palace.

The McQueen dress and the Emilia Wickstead dresses are similar in that they have pleated skirts, but the bodice is very different.

This is not the same dress. Neckline and sleeves are different, the pleats are wider and there is no "peplum" or whatever at the sides.

But it is similar. Sophie looks great in red but I don't think these pleats suit her. What she wore to Chichester - simple straight lines - are superb on her. She has looked stunning in recent years.

Sophie looks beautiful, lots of lovely images. The dress is a nice colour but i am not sure if i like the way it sits. Hello nude pumps!

Sophie looks stunning! Love her dress!

I think the dress is very pretty. Sophie looks very feminine and summery.

Sophie looks stunning, beautiful pictures :flowers:
This dress she first was worn in Epsom Derby this year :)

Countess of Wessex in Gibraltar , first day - second outfit :)

I think Sophie continues with her great fashion choices.She looks absolutely beautiful :heart1:
This dress she preciously has wear at Zara's pre-wedding celebration :flowers:

Full view 2 3 Close up

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom