The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 4: May 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Countess of Wessex at the Diamond Jubilee Thames River Pageant on June 3, 2012 in London,
looking good in a red coat and a dress:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Lovely colour combination. Again a really cute hat. Adore her hair.

The material of the coat looks quite light.
The editor of Majesty Magazine tweeted that, as the boat he was on drew up along side the one Sophie was on, she told him that she was freezing.

Is the dress yellowy with a pattern on? I don't think it goes with the coat much.

I wish we could see the dress properly. The coat seems to be picking up on the rusty colour (is it rusty) that is in the dress. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty color, but I thought it looked more like a raincoat.

I love the red coat, but don't care for the print of the dress underneath it. Her hat is lovely. Not overwhelming. I bet she was freezing. It looked like it was about 10 degrees Celsius in London, and add the rain and wind as well as being on the water, and you will feel like an ice cube. Brrrr (though I do love me some good chilly weather, but when I'm able to dress accordingly and not be on the water while it's windy and wet).

Poor Sophie being cold. You'd think they would have provided layers for them, or a man could have lent a coat! I do like her dress, it looks like the french print one. That eed coat is an old one, but it does look like a rain coat. Love her hair and pillbox hat.

For a full picture of the dress, scroll down to the bottom of this article. If she was cold, which if you looked at the weather you knew you would be, she should have worn more than a flimsy dress, cardigan and coat.

The dress appears to be a repeat of the dress she wore in Monaco very recently- the one with the French theme.

For a full picture of the dress, scroll down to the bottom of this article. If she was cold, which if you looked at the weather you knew you would be, she should have worn more than a flimsy dress, cardigan and coat.

You are good. ! A great picture of the dress. I see that she carried her cardigan ... in the beginning. :whistling:

Incidentally, what an amazing set of images. :flowers:

The dress appears to be a repeat of the dress she wore in Monaco very recently- the one with the French theme.

I thought the French theme was the oddest choice for this occasion. :ermm:
If she wanted to repeat a dress, surely there was another possibility in the wardrobe.

She did.
Here is Sophie with Prince Albert, wearing the same dress.

Looks like it was more appropriate to Monaco's climate than to a cold, rainy day in Britain.

It's a nice dress, but I'm not loving the immediate repeat thing, and I'm hoping it doesn't become too big a trend. Repeat outfits are nice, but not within a week or two of the last time it was worn.

Poor Sophie being cold. You'd think they would have provided layers for them, or a man could have lent a coat! I do like her dress, it looks like the french print one. That eed coat is an old one, but it does look like a rain coat. Love her hair and pillbox hat.

Everyone looked cold!
Why didn't they set up some heaters on the boats? :ermm:

Love the color but not the coat. Not fond of the dress too.

Now seeing a better view of the dress, I had disliked it on prior occasions and feel the same today. I still think that her outerwear resembled a raincoat and the hat doesn't look good with the dark color.

Last edited:
Awful dress and why a french themed dress? She looked dressed for a much warmer occasion w/flimsy dress, coat and straw hat. Don't like the color or print of the dress, would be ok for golf pants "off-duty". Ugly color coat.
Lady Louise, however was perfect.

I thought the French theme was the oddest choice for this occasion. :ermm:

I agree! It looks like the dress has scenes from Paris on it! Very inappropriate. Granted the Queen loves all things French and speaks French, but still.

Louise is wearing a skirt with flags on it, that includes the American flag. I can see a Canadian flag, but hope there is a British one, too!

Last edited:
Louise is wearing a skirt with flags on it, that includes the American flag. I can see a Canadian flag, but hope there is a British one, too!

I thought it was cute that Louise's skirt/dress was covered in different flags of the world. It's as if she's pointing out that people from all over the world came to London this weekend to celebrate her Granny :D.

I was struck, too, by the French theme of Sophie's dress. I just can't imagine why she thought that was a good idea.

I was struck, too, by the French theme of Sophie's dress. I just can't imagine why she thought that was a good idea.

It was cute when she was in Monaco. I actually liked the look a lot then. Just... not appropriate for this event. Not in theme and not for the weather.

This is definitely not the best that I have see Sophie. The print on the dress is awful and the jacket does not match at all. The shoes were yet another clash along with the hat. Just too many contrasts and Sophie herself does not look happy nor confident.

Yuk! I really don't like those frilly heavy patterned dresses think she could have done herself better justice in something else.

:previous:

Don't know why, but I like it somehow :)

Sophie today also attended the opening of the Sunningdale Fete in Sunningdale looking good in a white dress and a dark coat:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

i think she dress well for generation she looks better than camilla and anne

That seems an odd choice to wear to the celebration of an English queen!:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie at today's concert:
- Complete outfit
- Close up

Hate the outfit, but pretty patriotic clutch.

Courtesy of MagMil, who posted the links at the Jubilee Weekend thread.

Why didn't she leave the pajamas at home :ermm:? I'm sorry, but this is horrible. She may be comfortable in this ensemble, but it's absolutely hideous. Like you, I like her patriotic clutch :britflag2:.

:previous:

Don't know why, but I like it somehow :)

Sophie today also attended the opening of the Sunningdale Fete in Sunningdale looking good in a white dress and a dark coat:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Not bad. Not a 'wow' of any sort, but not bad. She looks all right.

I kinda like it also.

Sophie at today's concert:
- Complete outfit
- Close up

Hate the outfit, but pretty patriotic clutch.

Courtesy of MagMil, who posted the links at the Jubilee Weekend thread.
Memo to the Countess of Wessex:
" Your Royal Highness, next time, don't wear a gown made out of old curtains or bed- sheets!"
" Also remember this is 2012, not 1200 B.C!"
Thanks
Roseroyal
:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom