The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 4: May 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie attended the annual Amber Fashion Show and Charity Auction in Monaco today wearing a lovely silver dress she had worn on several occasions before, including during the Caribbean Tour.
- Complete outfit 1
- Complete outfit 2
- Side view

She looks beautiful! I like the dress, the shoes, the hairstyle - everything.
Courtesy of LadyFinn who originally posted the pictures in the 70th Grand Prix de Monaco thread.
:previous:

Sophie looks absolutely stunning, PERFECT :rose: All is beautiful the dress, the shoes and particularly the hairstyle :rose: She looks much younger :clap:

She looks very beautiful! I also love her shoes and her hairstyle.

Sophie looks so elegant and sophisticated. Love the hair.

I must say Sophie is the most beautiful woman there. You would never in a million years think Sophie has 13 years on Charlene. Even with all Charlene's 'help' Sophie looks no older that her. Well done Sophie.

I must say Sophie is the most beautiful woman there. You would never in a million years think Sophie has 13 years on Charlene. Even with all Charlene's 'help' Sophie looks no older that her. Well done Sophie.

I can only assume what you mean by Charlene's 'help' but who is to say that Sophie hasn't had some 'help' too.

That is a really different colour on her and she looks summery and light and fresh love her toe polish also something have not seen her do ... I totally love black... and the shoes are stunning and her hair is so different she has done it again.

It's a recycled look; she has worn the dress on several occasions this year alone, including the Caribbean Tour. Because we didn't have better pictures at the time, I rather disliked the dress; it appeared to be ill-fitting. However, Sophie showed just how glorious it can look, especially with a nice updo.

Last edited:
I thought I saw that dress before and recall that I didn't like it because of that deep hem that looks like dust ruffle on a bed. Sophie didn't look good in it that day, either. It looks better on this occasion; I do like the color and fabric, as well as her beautiful hairstyle. Thanks, Artemisia.

Last edited:
That is a really different colour on her and she looks summery and light and fresh love her toe polish also something have not seen her do ... I totally love black... and the shoes are stunning and her hair is so different she has done it again.

I liked the nail polish, though the reason we rarely see it on Sophie is because at most British Royal events, closed toes and tights are protocol.

I agree that Sophie looks so good considering she is nearing 50, particularly good next to Charlene considering the age gap. I doubt Sophie has had "help" (as we are all putting it), I would be shocked if she has done, but if she has then why not? She the money, and if she has had help, it has not made her look "shocked" or given her hideous lips. I think perhaps Sophie looks good for her age because she has money and expensive clothes. It's amazing what a hefty price tag on a dress can do for a woman! I am not saying that to be rude towards Sophie; she is my favourite Royal. I am just saying money can do wonders for some people.

Yes, and she can afford the best in facial treatments, hair treatments and cosmetics. She'd still be beautiful, though, even without all that. :flowers:

I think perhaps Sophie looks good for her age because she has money and expensive clothes. It's amazing what a hefty price tag on a dress can do for a woman! I am not saying that to be rude towards Sophie; she is my favourite Royal. I am just saying money can do wonders for some people.

I remember how attractive Sophie was when she first married Edward and living as a royal has obviously given her the polish and means to enhance her natural good looks to a higher level. But this can be said of any lady who has married into royalty, I have no doubt.

Yes, I agree. And yet, it seems to be fairly recently that Sophie has really "pulled out all the stops." The shape of her body even seems to have changed. I remember her as being more "pear-shaped." Her recent hairstyles have really flattered her face shape as well. As you mentioned, she was very attractive when she married Prince Edward, but she's become very glam in the last few years.:flowers:

And when you're naturally attractive to start, it makes the glam process much easier!:) I think I also read that Sophie works with a personal trainer, hence the svelter figure and change in body shape no doubt. And I also read somewhere that the impetus for these recent changes was because of the fashionable younger royal ladies, especially when the high-profile Kate entered the royal family. I guess Sophie felt she had to step up her game to be on an even par with the others. But she very wisely dresses her age without trying to wear styles that are too young for her and can age her.

Last edited:
I think that silver dress is a real disaster. It really depends on which picture you look at. The three that were posted in this thread were very flattering, the Caribbean shot mimicked the others I've seen of it on other websites. Curtains, dust ruffles, you name it. And, no matter how well she looks for her age, she's no Michele Obama, sleeveless is unflattering unless you know how to pose or have been pumping iron...
Great hairdo

The Countess of Wessex at the Royal Academy of Arts in London on May 23, 2012.

The colour of the dress looks great on her!

** Full view ** Upper part **

Sophie attended the annual Amber Fashion Show and Charity Auction in Monaco today wearing a lovely silver dress she had worn on several occasions before, including during the Caribbean Tour.
- Complete outfit 1
- Complete outfit 2
- Side view

She looks beautiful! I like the dress, the shoes, the hairstyle - everything.
Courtesy of LadyFinn who originally posted the pictures in the 70th Grand Prix de Monaco thread.
Love these 2 looks!
1st dress- Love the color! And the daring desigin! A little OT, and no offence meant, but I wonder what Prince Phillip would say!:lol:;)
2nd dress- The elegance, reminds me of Cinderella!
Both- The stunning smile, that lights up any room Sophie enters! Her best feature!;)

Last edited:
Love these 2 looks!
1st dress- Love the color! And the daring desigin! A little OT, and no offence meant, but I wonder whiat Prince Phillip would say!:lol:;)
2nd dress- The elegance, reminds me of Cinderella!
Both- The stunning smile, that lights up any room Sophie enters! Her best feature!;)

Oh, I can only imagine what he could have said :ROFLMAO: :D.

The Countess of Wessex at the Grand Prix in Monaco today, May 27, wearing a nice dress:

** Full view **

Nice that she could be more informal for this occasion. The dress looks like it was probably cool and comfortable on a hot day.

The Countess of Wessex at the Grand Prix in Monaco today, May 27, wearing a nice dress:

** Full view **

I do quite like this dress, it looked nice when Sophie was in the Caribbean. Sophie has been looking great lately, I am glad this is continuing. :D

Hate the print of the dress and the shoes.

I dislike it, too, makes her look very matronly in that style and pattern. The shoes are just OK.

Last edited:
Meh. Not too crazy about this look.

^ I love the style of the dress but would have preferred a darker color for evening. Still, much better than what she wore earlier in the day.

Beautiful dress, but the upper part somewhat lacks support in certain areas.

I see what you mean-;) :ermm:
Looks like it could use an iron too!:lol:
Still a lovely dress, and Sophie's smile is as radiant as ever!

Sophie also attended the Grand Prix Gala dinner yesterday evening, May 27, lookig great in a pale pink evening dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Very nice. As some one noted she is 'pouring out' a bit :p but hey! what a delight to see a womanly figure without apology! Yes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom