The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 4: May 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks strikingly similar to the pink dress. :)

Its similar but its definitely not Emily Wickstead - the material is completely different and so are the pleats, plus the line of the waist and the addition of a belt changes the overll shape. But it is in the same style. If I was more organised I would point you to another dress in this style worn by the Countess which I think is the same as the Emily Wickstead, but I think its in cream. I shall try and find it and if I do, I'll update this post.

Countess' of Wessex ensemble is lovely and well-fitted. I liked the Edwardian-style hat and hairstyle.

Does anyone know if that's a new brooch or has Sophie worn it often? I admit I have just developed the brooch bug this year and now pay attention to them. I do love the way a nice aquamarine or blue topaz reflects light into the stone!

:previous:
She has worn previously at Monaco's wedding last year :)

Really feel it is not a flattering look for her at all. The top is droopy and too much with belt and pleats makes her look wide. Bad neckline. Flying nun hat is an apt description.
Like the color and the gloves, outfit for a much taller, slimmer woman.

I agree, Frelinghighness, I'm not loving this look very much. While the color is pretty and the brooch to die for, I don't think pleats favor Sophie's figure too much and the jacket doesn't look like a good fit for her. And the hat does look a bit too aerodynamic to me as well.

Last edited:
The outfit is great in general. I love the color and the pleats but, the upper part does not flatter her. The hat is very nice though.

I Ntotally love the blue at Ascot I could rave about it is her colour and I adore the hat gorgeous.

Sophie (on day 3) has the same earrings on that Kate has worn (3 diamonds followed by a pearl).

I think Sophie looks all right. I'm not crazy about the look, but I don't hate it either. Occasion-appropriate.

Sophie (on day 3) has the same earrings on that Kate has worn (3 diamonds followed by a pearl).
The earrings aren't real diamonds or pearl; they are made with CZ stones and set in sterling silver. The earrings are from HeavenlyNecklaces and retail for £48.
The Countess of Wessex has worn the earrings before Kate. Not that it's a contest or anything - just stating chronology.

I understand why both Sophie and Kate have fallen for it; they are gorgeous and look "real". I've bought several pieces of jewellery from HeavenlyNecklace and am really satisfied with the quality, price and look combination. I guess the Kate (and for me, at least) Sophie effect does work. ;)

This is a great look for Sophie - prefer this to yesterday. She's wearing another brooch. I love brooches but they need to be seen! Silver(ish) on light colours just don't show up. Like the hat too.

As for the v deep curtsey - that just shows how fit she is cos that is not easy (or necessary but hey!)

Nice outfit, very neutral and can't go wrong.

I like this outfit more than the blue one. Although the blue colour was nice. But she looked so frumpy in it. She is actually quite large busted isn't she? I think in that case a v-line neckline is a lot better. She definitely needs a better bra when wearing the blue dress.

I am not a fan of the hat with the outfit, but the dress and jacket are lovely and really suit her skintones. The nude shoes, however, are a slight disappointment though they do go well with the ensemble.

I do like Sophie's earrings, she has been wearing them a lot, along with her wedding earrngs. Has anyone ever seen her wear her wedding necklace since, apart from at the Queen's 60th Wedding Anniversary in 2007? I know she wore it quite a lot in her first few years of marriage, but not since. She also used to wear her signet ring from Edward in the first few years but has not worn it since.

The earrings aren't real diamonds or pearl; they are made with CZ stones and set in sterling silver. The earrings are from HeavenlyNecklaces and retail for £48.
The Countess of Wessex has worn the earrings before Kate. Not that it's a contest or anything - just stating chronology.

Yes, i'd read elsewhere they weren't real diamonds, but i think they're just lovely. And good to know i could afford them too.
And to those who posted to say that Sophie wore them before Kate, i just hadn't noticed, which is odd of me, cause i love earrings and usually notice them.
I had noticed that Sophie's really been wearing her wedding earrings a lot in the past year but the necklace rarely makes a showing. Then again, she doesn't wear necklaces a lot (in daytime), usually at night.

Yes, i'd read elsewhere they weren't real diamonds, but i think they're just lovely. And good to know i could afford them too.
And to those who posted to say that Sophie wore them before Kate, i just hadn't noticed, which is odd of me, cause i love earrings and usually notice them.
I had noticed that Sophie's really been wearing her wedding earrings a lot in the past year but the necklace rarely makes a showing. Then again, she doesn't wear necklaces a lot (in daytime), usually at night.
Me too! I felt a bit guilty when I bought those earrings (because I absolutely hate the term "copy-Kates" and never before bought anything because a celebrity or a royal wore it), but they were just too lovely. Regarding Sophie - I was just pointing out chronology and didn't mean to sound cross or impolite. :)

Looove Sophie's curtsey with that smile on her face. The outfit was attractive, but nothing to write home about.

Really like Sophie's outfit for Thursday but I thought Wednesday's was a bit frumpy and not like her usual elegant styles.

I always like her hats.

Last edited:
Regarding Sophie - I was just pointing out chronology and didn't mean to sound cross or impolite.

No Artemisia, I never took your comments as either cross or impolite. I always enjoy your posts.

As Baroness said, nothing to get excited about, but a relief to see her after looking at the huge frou-frou in black and white that is Pss Michael of K.

Minus the hat, I thought she looked nice, nothing special.

The blue dress was too old for her but the hat was nice much better than the other things she usually wears

I quite like her clutch, the outfit does not flatter her, I also think it is quite shapeless.

The dress she wore today was probably the dress from the Queen´s Golden Jubilee 2002. Sopie lost weight, so perhaps therefore it´s not fitting well :)

I find the only interesting item of her outfit is the clutch; otherwise, it's a bland color and somewhat shapeless.

I actually love today's dress from visit to Gloucester.
Cream is always elegant, and I like the cut, length and design as well.
My only problem - couldn't Sophie wear a brooch with the outfit, perhaps the lovely pearl one from yesterday (Ascot Ladies' Day).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom