The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 4: May 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks stunning! That red dress is gorgeous!

Last edited:
Sophie looks absolutely sensational in that red dress.

I love the colour on her not so keen on the shoulders of it but love the length and the hemline

Great cut and color for her. Hairstyle should have been a little fuller to compliment the sparse neckline and no necklace.

Thanks for the picture, I like the dress but not a fan of her shoes. The addition of her adorable twosome, however, makes whatever she is wearing look nice as she has two cute accessories.

Different view of the dress:
- The dress 1
- The dress 2

Really love this dress; it's very simple but equally elegant.Don't mind the shoes either.
How cute are James and Louise though? Adorable children.

The dress is very nice. Only, I don't like the shoes.

I like the dress; not fond of the shoes. Has Sophie lightened her hair a bit? She looks great!

Love the dress, but dislike the shoes. They look too chunky and heavy for what she's wearing.

The Countess is really looking so beautiful. and I agree more youthful. I love a pretty dress!

Love the dress, but dislike the shoes. They look too chunky and heavy for what she's wearing.
Agreed. I like both the dress and the shoes, just not together. That said, the children are adorable. James has grown so much! Nice to see them.

The dress is just okay, it needs something to give it some color, maybe a scarf. But those shoes are really too much. They look too chunky and awkward. A nude pump would have been good here IMO.

The Countess of Wessex opted for a light blue outfit tonight:
- Upper part

She has worn the dress several times before, including for this year's Royal Ascot.

Can't say I like this dress. The colour is gorgeous (I love understated), but the top part looks ill-fitting both in today's pictures and the ones from Ascot.
Plus, Sophie earns a big frown from me for failing to include a brooch this time: as far as I'm concerned a royal outfit without proper jewellery is a failure by default. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, I think that she could have done better with her appearance. Perhaps she needed stronger makeup? Sophie usually looks so good. Perhaps her outfit was a bit bland for evening?

Artemisia said:
The Countess of Wessex opted for a light blue outfit tonight:
- Upper part

She has worn the dress several times before, including for this year's Royal Ascot.

It's an OK look. Understated but appropriate.

Can't say I like this dress. The colour is gorgeous (I love understated), but the top part looks ill-fitting both in today's pictures and the ones from Ascot.
Plus, Sophie earns a bit frown from me for failing to include a brooch this time: as far as I'm concerned a royal outfit without proper jewellery is a failure by default. ;)

I agree. I love the dress in general but, I don't think it's flattering.

Love this look on her the colour is flattering and not bog standard but elegant and I love her loo over the last 12 mths or so I cannot do more than sing her praises..

The color's nice, but she needs better undergarments. Things aren't where they ought to be.

DCVO said:
The color's nice, but she needs better undergarments. Things aren't where they ought to be.

Ding ding ding!! Precisely! I'm not sure what's going on, but the top is not flattering at all.

The color is great with Sophie's coloring.

unfortunately it makes her hips look bigger than they actually are.

I have to say, I thought this dress made her look quite frumpy at Ascot I and I agree with myself again regarding last night. The dress is a beautiful colour and matches Sophie's colour and blonde hair perfectly, but I just think the dress style is not perfect for her. It does make her look quite wide, or wider than she is, and where the dress stops does not look overly flattering. Sophie looks lovely, as she always does, but I am not sure this dress was a good choice. Of all the clothes in her wardrobe(s), I would not have expected this dress.

When the camera flashed to the Queen arriving, for one awful moment when I saw Sophie in a pale colour she was wearing her white pant-suit, but thank goodness she was not.

The outfit is a bit "flight attendant" to me, but she looks nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom