The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the above 3 choices on Sophie BUT totally adore her in the white.

Thank you so much for posting the clear picture, Thain. Yes, this outfit, without the watermarks, looks great.:flowers:

I think it is a solid skirt. Those are watermarks on the photo - you can see they extend all over the background.

Sophie has a fanastic diamind Jubilee wardrobe, I wonder who financed it for her?

auntie said:
Sophie has a fanastic diamind Jubilee wardrobe, I wonder who financed it for her?

Why do wonder about who paid for it?

The Countess of Wessex at the Commonwealth Day Observance service at Westminster Abbey in London
today, March 12, 2012. Wearing a nice coat and dress combination with a big hat, that reminds me of a hen :)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Hat 1 ** Hat 2 **

I really like the coat, but not the hat. It's just too big and strange.

:previous:
I agree; the outfit was lovely but the fanciful hat spoiled the look for me.
The hat just appeared to be uncomfortable to look at since it covered half of Sophie's face; she also appeared to be having trouble keeping it in place.

I certainly prefer the hats worn by the Duchess of Cornwall and the Queen; beautiful and nice but comfortable and unpretentious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the coat but the hat is too much.

The Countess of Wessex at the Commonwealth Day Observance service at Westminster Abbey in London
today, March 12, 2012. Wearing a nice coat and dress combination with a big hat, that reminds me of a hen :)

She Looks Wonderfull So Elegant Outfit , But The Hat Looks OVER Design Kind Of :flowers: Thanx iceflower ;)

She looks ready to lay an egg. The outfit is very lovely, however. Thanks for the chuckle, Iceflower!

:previous:
I agree; the outfit was lovely but the fanciful hat spoiled the look for me.
The hat just appeared to be uncomfortable to look at since it covered half of Sophie's face; she also appeared to be having trouble keeping it in place.

I certainly prefer the hats worn by the Duchess of Cornwall and the Queen; beautiful and nice but comfortable and unpretentious.

Sophie's hat reminds me of a satellite dish. Too cumbersome and overwhelming. Camila's and Her Majesty's hats were absolutely fabulous.

I seem to be alone in liking the hat! The whole ensemble is beautiful -- for some reason Sophie looks her best in neutral colors IMO. And she seems to radiate happiness in the photos. One of the royal correspondents, Robert Jobson, I believe, tweeted that it was a very uplifting service.

ETA: NGalitzine and I both like the hat!

I quite like it too. Sophie is looking very chic these days

I am with the majority in disliking the hat, it's abit too much. Normally I adore Sophie's brave choices in the milinery department but today's hat was a bit too much. Her outfit itself was beautiful and I this image is stunningly beautiful, she looks so pretty.

I wish she had worn black shoes with the outfit though, as he dress was black, but the nude shoes are lovely. I swear she has several pairs of them, surely it can't be the same pair she has worn to pretty much every occasion.

I love the outfit!
Have a couple theories about the hat:pardon the humor.:lol:
A rooster ran into a satellite dish. Sophie made a hat of the remains.:eek:
A rooster destroyed Sophie's wicker furniture. Same as above, because she wanted to economize and recycle. Admirable idea.... Execution, not so much.:ermm::eek:
Sophie visited Sesame Street, and did an art project with Big and Granny Bird, and the chickens, using twigs from the formers nest, and the latter's feathers. The result?:eek:

I think the protection officers might frown just a little, if we tried to eat Sophie's hat!:lol:

Well she technically doesn't have one anymore so...it's a risk, but a risk i'd be willing to take! :ROFLMAO:

I like the color of the outfit but I'm not sure how I feel about the hat.

Ooooh-la-la! Very chic - and just lurve the hat! Fabulous hat! Great hat! Very intriguing design. I like it tons. :flowers:

Well, I must say, Sophie has become such a chic and exciting dresser! The whole ensemble is wonderful! I do like the hat, especially the feather's standing up (which remind me of the hair accessory that Carrie Bradshaw wore at her wedding to Big!), but I do wonder how many birds there are at Bagshot missing tail-feathers!

I love the hat! This is a proper show to me just like a hat should be!

I actually think that Sophie looked lovely. The hat was also very nice, but I do not think it was appropriate for the event. I think a hat like that would be lovely for Ascot, for a garden party, a wedding, or perhaps Trooping, but, IMO, not for church. Perhaps I am just being too traditional. What you see from HM and Camilla are "working hats" as opposed to the wonderful "fun" hat that Sophie wore. Anybody concur?

I think her choice of hat was quite appropriate myself. It is a signature design for the Countess and it's size lends well to her stature. The feathered appliqué is charming and the appearance when worn is both stylish and relatively unfussy.

And dare I make mention that the Abbey has played host to an array of particularly unusual hats over the years. In comparison, Sophie's is really quite tame ;)

Camilla looks lovely in this almost beautyberry coloured ensemble. Charming.

I really do not like the Queen in pink. I don't think it suits her all that well.

Last edited:
The Countess looks really beautiful. Gorgeous outfit and I like the hat. Nice to see her wear her wedding earrings. Where is the necklace, I don't think Ive seen her wear it since. Was I the only one that liked it?

I don't quite understand what is meant by a 'working wardrobe hat', exactly.

There is nothing unconventional about the hat for the environment in which she wore it, nor does it hinder her ability make pleasantries and shake hands. It's not to everyone's likeing, and fair enough, but how it could not be considered a 'working hat' is interesting. I state as such because even when the Countess attends Royal Ascot, she is but one, in a handful of team players, who are out and about promoting the brand of monarchy. Thus, she is arguably working be it even by leisurely participation. Her presence alone, as with all members of the royal family, dictates spectacle and her appearance is fashioned accordingly to the expectation and untold demand of society.

Mission accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom